SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics :  Are You Crucified to the World Today?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

Hi

Quote:
Actually we are already dead. The struggle is the recognizing that we are dead.

You are right in that we are already dead. I think what I was trying to convey was my own personal need to turn from some of the sin in my life that the Lord has been opening my eyes to recently. I need to repent and surrender those areas of self that I still struggle with.

Thank you for sharing

God Bless
mary jane

2010/2/25 12:42Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Hi
Just wanted to let everyone know my friend spoke to her husband about everything and she said he was very supportive but they agreed that she needs to be more accountable about her online time and they have decided to move the computer into a more open room where there will not be temptation or at least not as much. She said if it comes to it she will just give up the computer all together it means that much to her to follow Jesus.
God bless
mary jane

2010/2/25 20:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
You are right in that we are already dead. I think what I was trying to convey was my own personal need to turn from some of the sin in my life that the Lord has been opening my eyes to recently. I need to repent and surrender those areas of self that I still struggle with.

I don't want to appear as unfeeling or not understanding one another struggles. I too have my own devils to contend with and like you am learning to reckon the fact that we are dead to sin and alive unto God. It's easy to quote scripture, and that is not what I want to do, rather to offer knowledge and understanding.

Some time ago I had participated in a sin that caused me to hold unto because I was mad at myself for doing it. One night as I was struggling with this, the Lord said to me very clearly, "Are you the sin bearer?, why are you holding on to sin that belongs to me? I bore those sins, give them to me, I alone can handle them".

The next time I sinned I gave them to the Lord, however, it wasn't like the previous years, it felt like someone died. It was very painful. I wept and oh the pain that I felt in my spirit. After a few days of that, it lifted. I made provision for the flesh and agreed with sin as my strength and I received a strong reprimand that has caused me to never again to draw strength from the flesh. He who knew no sin is able to overcome sin through us if we learn to call upon Him when we are at a weak moment.

Like you I too am learning to draw strength from Him for ALL my weaknesses. I am sure sin will diminish when we learn to trust completely in Him.

2010/2/25 21:10

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy