SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics :  Are You Crucified to the World Today?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Are You Crucified to the World Today?

Are You Crucified to the World Today?
As Dr. Tozer used to say, “You knew one thing about a man that was carrying a cross out of the city, you knew he wasn’t coming back.”

In a week, many haven’t spent half an hour with Jesus—but will easily stay two stinking hours in a movie house.

And Paul says that’s what the world is to me: it’s a system of corruption and rottenness and vileness.

It is anti-Christ from the word ‘go.’

Are you crucified to the world today? Or does it fascinate you?

Is the world crucified to you today? Or does it receive you? (-Leonard Ravenhill)

Dear MJ
I was reading this and felt such a heaviness on my heart. What does it mean if my answer is NO, I am not crucified to the world today. ?????

A friend wrote to me the above via email and I am not sure how to respond to her. She professes to love the Lord and she always says things that seem to be right on and Biblical.

How to respond?
mj

2010/2/24 14:13Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: ?

The more you grow in your devotion and love
for Jesus Christ, the less the world will
charm and entice you. Make Jesus Christ your
hope, your joy, your life, your peace, your
strength, your wisdom. HE will be all you
desire HIM to be, everything you need!!

2010/2/24 14:54Profile
DBen

Western NY, USA

Carefully. I would be very careful that I wouldn't offer any peace to someone with this confession. Certainly a conversation that must be filled with the Spirit of God sister. I'll be praying for you.

2010/2/24 15:12Profile

Sister MaryJane,

When the Apostle Paul wrote in Galatians Chapter 2 that he is crucified with Christ, he was making a statement of fact based upon his faith in Christ.

Galatians Chapter 2:20 - ...I have been crucified with Christ...

It is past tense. It is a present reality for anyone who has truly put their faith in Christ. All those in Christ have died with Christ and have been raised with him, not based upon our own works or zeal or devotion, but upon our faith in Christ.

In Galatians 6, Paul says that he boasts only in Christ's Cross...the work that Jesus Christ performed...it is by that work that we are crucified unto the world.

Again, if anyone has truly believed on the Lord Jesus Christ he/ she has died with Christ and has died to this world..it is a fact, a present reality based upon the work of Jesus Christ.

If we do not get that down into our bones. If we do not understand the Gospel, than the sacrificial life which we so desire to live will be impossible. We cannot hate the systems of this world without first understanding who we are in Christ.

2010/2/24 15:49
MaryJane

Re:

Hi

I sent off an email to my friend earlier and I just asked her why she would answer the question with a No?

I just got a reply and she said that she has been really struggling. She said she recently involved herself in a situation where she is lying to people and her husband. She said that she has been talking with another person and that she really likes the attention and the flattery that talking with this person gives her. She said she has been feeling very bad, and unimportant. This person wants to hear what she has to say and it makes her feel good. She wrote in her email that she knew that it was sin for her to be involved with this situation and that she even felt conflicted about it for a few days before she gave into this sin but that she did it anyway. She said that when she read this quote this morning she just felt so sick inside because she has been sinning against God and wonders if she has ever fully died to the things of this world.

mj

2010/2/24 16:49Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
She said that when she read this quote this morning she just felt so sick inside because she has been sinning against God and wonders if she has ever fully died to the things of this world.

I believe her instinct is right.

ginnyrose

2010/2/24 21:03Profile
MaryJane

Re:

After praying I decided to rewrite my post.

I will be praying a lot before I answer my friends email. Thank you for the input and thoughts
maryjane

2010/2/24 21:10Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

sojourner7, so very true, so very true.

2010/2/25 10:32Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Hi

The more I have been thinking on this the more I have been seeing areas in my own life that I must die to. I am amazed how at times the Lord uses the struggles of someone else to open my own eyes to sin that I closed my eyes to.

Thank you everyone
God Bless
Mary jane

Edit: I have talked with my friend and I think I better understand her struggle now. For me I think I see the how great the value is to check my heart and even to just ask myself am I crucified to the world today, is there anything here in my life that I may be holding on to above my relationship with Jesus? If the answer is yes I need to repent and I need to let it go.

2010/2/25 11:18Profile

Re:

Quote:
The more I have been thinking on this the more I have been seeing areas in my own life that I must die to.

Actually we are already dead. The struggle is the recognizing that we are dead. Since we don't know how to live the life that God has put before us, it's that life that we are coming into that is filled with so much problems that we even loathe ourselves. That is why He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness because there be many believers who do not have the knowledge that they are indeed dead unto sin and alive unto God. If any subject is worth spending much time on it's the work of what Jesus did on the cross and taking all of humanity with Him in the process. When we died with Him, we died as one man, when we were buried with Him, we were buried as one man, when we rose again, we rose as one man. This is why the gospel is so wonderful. I want to write more, gotta go.

2010/2/25 12:16

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy