Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Goal of the Gospel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

The Goal of the Gospel

The goal of the gospel is not to convince men that God loves them, or that they are sinners who need to repent, but rather, to convince men that the Lord Jesus Christ was raised from the dead.

2010/2/22 21:36Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: The Goal of the Gospel

Even the disciples were not believing and
having a hard time understanding the power
and purpose and wisdom of GOD when Jesus
spoke to them of His resurrection!!
The gospel is meant to bring man to the
cross where he realize his dire need of mercy
and a Savior!! And the Savior must be a
living, real, and true Savior who triumphed
over death and hell!!

2010/2/22 23:28Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Amen. When we introduce people to Jesus, we need to bring them to the full assurance of His being alive. I recently put together a DVD video tract I'm going to be handing out at an outreach next month, and in that video, I press hard the notion that Jesus Christ was raised 2,000 years ago... and is still alive today. It's a shame how little this is considered in our faith, let alone in our evangelism. While there are many other very important things we as Christians believe in, none are as important as Christ having been raised from the dead. Indeed, if Christ was not raised, then Paul says our faith is entirely in "vain." It is THE central tenant of our faith, and should be what every single one of us are ultimately about.

2010/2/22 23:50Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

When I was almost losing my faith in High School, the one thing that kept me roped to the mast, so to speak, was the resurrection. All of my arguments against Christianity fell flat on their face when the resurrection came into the picture. I could not be honest and deny its occurrence. However the intellect gave way to true saving faith of the death, burial, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus. Post-Modernism coughed up its stale dust from the open grave of Christ in my heart. Praise God for the resurrection. Praise God for a risen and ascended Lord.

2010/2/23 0:16Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

The goal of the Gospel is to, "present every man perfect in Christ. Christ on the Cross, crucified, finished work in death, burial, resurrection, proof to many, Assention, and return of the living Christ, His Spirit rebirthed in our spirit, that is Satan out and Christ new life, born again life in. What a glorious mystery? Colossians 1:26-29 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

He has returned and is manifesting Himself to those that are His, as He promised.

What a glorious Gospel, the final Gospel, given to Paul who even calls it "My Gospel". In making himself one with the Savior, Paul speaks of himself being on the Cross with Christ and being crucified with Him by Faith. Paul even says it is no longer Paul who lives, but Christ that liveth in Paul. By Faith, we are crucified with Christ and now life by that Faith that Christ provides that we might be forever saved in Spirit, being saved in our soul/mind, that is our mind, will, and emotions we are being conformed to the image of the Christ that is now our Spirit. These bodies have even been quickened to contain the Spirit and Mind of Christ delivered by the Holy Spirit through Christ's prayer answered by the Father, the Holy Spirit will only speak of this wonderful Gospel of "Christ in you the Hope of Glory and God conforming us to the Image of His Son and calling us son's of the Living God by the Christ that is the only Begotten Son, birthed or I should say rebirthed in us, not only birthed son's but also adopted legally making us heirs and joint heirs with Christ to our Father's House our place being prepared for us.

Galatians 2:20-21 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 2:16-17 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

To God, He finds us not to be sinners, because all He see's in us is His Son and He is perfect and our Spirit is perfect and the rest of the story is still ongoing and will be for all eternity, that is learning who Christ is and learning to love God as He does.

In Christ: Phillip

2010/2/23 3:58Profile
yoadam

OREGON

Re:

Amen Phillip. Perhaps my favorite excerpt of Paul's on the gospel is from 1 Corinthians 5...

[b]" 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him."[/b]

2010/2/23 6:28Profile
yoadam

OREGON

Re:

We also must not forget about God's eternal purpose in this discussion of the gospel. Namely, God's own glory. Paul makes this a major theme in his letter to the Ephesians, for example,

Ephesians 1:4-14,
"4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6[b]To the praise of the glory of his grace[/b], wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
8Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
9Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
12[b]That we should be to the praise of his glory[/b], who first trusted in Christ.
13In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, [b]unto the praise of his glory.[/b]"

Ephesians 3:21,
[b]"Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."[/b]

The puritans had it right when they taught their children the westminster shorter catechism, which begins with the first question, "What is the chief end of man?" and is answered, "Man's chief end is to Glorify God and to Enjoy Him Forever."

2010/2/23 6:41Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Yes, God's glorification is the ultimate end of the gospel message, and in the gospel we want to present every man complete. But my point is that the chief thing we are to convince people of in the gospel message is that Jesus Christ was raised from the dead.

2010/2/23 6:55Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Amen to all.

If Christ is not raised, we are on the Cross still and have no new life. Praise God, Jesus Christ is life and the new creation power of resurrection in us from the dead by His Spirit that is in us by Faith.

This is truly revival, us the son's of God being brought to new life and our continual learning in our soul/mind, being brought to the image of Christ by the Father's work, by the Christ in us and by the Holy Spirit truth and our being sealed of the Promise of God. Truly we are new creatures, a new and living creation in Christ Jesus our Lord and life.

Amen again, no finality, but continuing Amen's that are in our hope and love and honor and Glory to our new Father.

Truly, "Christ in you the hope of Glory".

In Him: Phillip

2010/2/23 12:10Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Amen! If interested, consider the following essay, "The Risen Lord":

[url=http://iamadisciple.com/articles/therisenlord.php]http://iamadisciple.com/articles/therisenlord.php[/url]

2010/2/23 12:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy