SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Has anyone hearts got hardened towards God while seeking after him

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Has anyone hearts got hardened towards God while seeking after him

I was wondering because i have seen it contuinaaly happening to me and it is really scaring me. I pray more and read scriptuire more and all that keeps happening is my heartand conscious hardening and losing desire towards God, do ou think this becaus God let me go because of my continued sexual sin that i didn't repent of until i got married. I want to repent.

2010/2/19 20:34
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Has anyone hearts got hardened towards God while seeking after him

In your seeking GOD, are you seeking His
guidance and seeking His truth and His will
for you ?? Are you surrendering your desires
and heart and life to HIM?? Do you believe
GOD desires for you to know the truth and
understand His purpose for your life ??

2010/2/19 22:16Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

No, I don't think for an instant that God has somehow let you go because you sinned in the past. Isn't that what He atoned for? Isn't that the whole point of Christ's sacrifice?

Sexual sin seems to be split out from the rest in scripture as having a much more dramatic impact on us than other sins. Not that it is any different in God's eyes. Remember, if a man were to break the law in one little area he becomes guilty of breaking the whole thing. It is like a plate glass window. A BB or a Mack truck will cause the glass to be broken all the same. But we do see that when we commit sexual sin we sin against our own body, and from what I have seen it has a deeper impact in our own hearts. But it is not a bigger offense against God. Fornicate, lie, cheat, steal, harbor bitterness, it is all still sin and the same atonement paid for it all.

Maybe you need to really receive His forgiveness. Repentance is not an act of the emotions, but rather a turning from the thing. God's forgiveness has already been supplied. It is up to us to receive it as an act of His grace by putting faith in what has already been done for us.

On another note, are you somehow trying to use what you are doing in prayer and the word as the means by which God will be pleased with you and accept you, or are you praying because you love to fellowship with your Lord and studying because you love His words?

Travis

2010/2/19 22:28Profile

Hi man, I HIGHLY recommend you getting the book entitled, "Principles of Spiritual Growth" by Miles J. Stanford. It's a small book and not hard to read at all, just simple basic and eye opening biblical teaching that will help establish your thinking about God and how God thinks about you. You might find it in your local area used books stores. [url=https://my.backtothebible.org/product?stock_code=0739X]Back to the bible[/url]

A little bit of warning though. Once you come into knowledge about your life in Christ, your thinking will change and you will not be able to do the things you used to do. You won't be able to charge God with not loving you or suggesting He has left you, those thoughts will have to be pushed aside by what you'll read in this book.

2010/2/19 22:42

Quote:
Has anyone hearts got hardened towards God while seeking after him?

I was wondering because i have seen it continually happening to me and it is really scaring me. I pray more and read scripture more and all that keeps happening is my heart and conscious hardening and losing desire towards God

I think it would be helpful if you tried to explain very specifically what you mean by your heart and conscience hardening and losing desire towards God. If you described your thoughts and emotions and the whole experience you're having in more detail then we won't misunderstand you and give you totally useless responses by accident.

Sometimes people get their emotions confused with their actual attitude or desires or thoughts or conscience or whatever. You might get a variety of off-topic answers from people unless you are more specific.

Quote:
do you think this because God let me go because of my continued sexual sin that i didn't repent of until i got married. I want to repent.

What do you mean you "want to" repent? It sounds like you already repented... so are you thinking God might not be willing to forgive you for it?

2010/2/19 22:42
mguldner

Kansas

I know exactly what you mean in hardening of heart and conscious and I even have felt like I was being given over to my sin even though I had repented of it. You are experiencing what I have gone through many times in my life and that is a dry spell that reading scripture use to get your mind racing and praying use to bring you into the presense of God everytime. Dry spells are unique some call them valleys but I prefer calling them dry spells because its what the Israelites quite literally went through wandering the desert for 40 years. God uses dry spells to strengthen us like refining fire He uses the dryness of our hearts to react in two ways give up or press in deeper and harder. A true Christian, though the feelings are gone, will have a strong desire to press in deeper and harder even if they feel like there is no benefit. Another illustration to look at is the way a plant reacts to dry spells over half the plant is underground in the root system when a dry spell happens the root system will grow even deeper and stronger. So God puts us through dry spells to test us to see if we are for real about our relationship and commitment to Him and to make our Roots grow deeper for a time of even greater testing. Please take heart the drought will soon be over for God will send rain on the repented heart and the weary and low in spirit. :) Prepare for Rain but take Joy in the Drought! What I do to get out is press in harder and become more patient before the Lord, God Lows You and Though you walk through the Valley its Only a Shadow compared to the coming Glory of Christ. And God will never leave nor forsake you even when we feel abandoned. I will pray for you.

God Bless,
Matthew

2010/2/19 23:16Profile

Re:

I am happy i can talk to you all about this, this has been a hard almost 3 years for me struggling without the presence of God strong in my life. I have posted on this site many times about my problem but i still seem to not have been delivered yet, i mean what does it take for God to deliver me from this, i mean i have tried and tried to surrender and repent of everything just to fail, then i have tried to just place my faith in Christ and just keep doubting, i read his word and i am filled with doubts and my heart disbelieves what i am reading though i don't want to, i have lost desire to serve him and read the word and i stopped going to church because i just feel dead and have no one i can talk to who can relate to my problems. I have sought for peace from God from the sins of my past but all i get is a hardened heart and more disbelief towards him within myself though i don't want to disbelieve. I really need the encouragement still after 3 years because i really wa freaking out again this week that their was no hope for me. Ben Joseph all of this happened to me after i spent 3 years in sexual sin with my wife before we were married and then we got married and she was unsaved, i thought i was saved but i am unsure since i have been doubting for so long and because God's presence has seemed to leave me since we got married, at times like at the revival conference i truly believe he began to speak to me again but then left.

2010/2/20 3:26
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
i thought i was saved but i am unsure since i have been doubting for so long and because God's presence has seemed to leave me since we got married, at times like at the revival conference i truly believe he began to speak to me again but then left.

Doesn't the Word of God say that He has said He will never leave us nor forsake us? Brother, I think what is happening is that the enemy is trying His best to make you believe a lie, to doubt and give up. Did you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as the propitiation for your sin? Did you come to Him in repentance and receive His forgiveness? If so, then you are born again. I am afraid I will have to respectfully disagree with my brother on one point. I don't believe that God puts us through dry spells for any reason at all. He sent His Holy Spirit to dwell in us, and there is no dry spell involved in being filled with the Holy Spirit. Sometimes we do go through such times, but it is not of God's doing but is usually due to lack of knowledge, disobedience, unbelief, or some other thing in our own life that is causing us not to walk in the spiritual victory that we should be walking in. The man whose son was healed said to Jesus, "Lord I believe, help thou mine unbelief." He had faith, but recognized also great unbelief in His life. How do we combat unbelief? With truth! Do warfare with praise and thanksgiving. Recount the faithfulness and goodness of God in your life continually. Matthew 21:16. Psalm 8:2. Do warfare with the word. Find all of the scriptures that tell you who you are in Christ and what God has done in your life and how He is faithful and will never leave us. Live in those scriptures, not to try to please God because you are in the word, not as a spiritual discipline, but as taking up a weapon and learning to use it. Let that word sink deep into your heart. Pray those scriptures, speak those scriptures as the truth over yourself. Remember when Jesus returns in fire and glory and destroys all of His enemies? Does it not happen that a sharp sword goes out of His mouth and destroys them? That sword is the word of God! His word is a living thing, a powerful thing, and sharper than any two edged sword.

Here is a list of scriptures that give truths about what God has done in you.

I'm a child of God - He is my Father - 1 Jn 3:1,2
I am Christ's friend - Jn 15:15
I am born of God - 1 Jn 4:7
I have been adopted by God - Rom 8:15
I'm redeemed and forgiven - Eph 1:6-8
I've been justified - made righteous - Rom 5:1
I have eternal life - Jn 5:24
I died w/Christ to the power of sin - Rom 6:1-6
I am free from condemnation - Rom 8:1
I have received the Spirit of God -1 Cor 2:12
I am an heir of God - Rom 8:17
I am a joint heir with Christ - Rom 8:17; Gal 4:7
I am blessed with every spiritual blessing - Eph 1:3
I am a child of promise - Rom 9:8; Gal 3:14
I've been given great promises - 2 Pet 1:4
I am connected to the true vine - Jn 15:1,5
I'm a willing slave of righeousness - Rom 6:18,22
I am a temple of God - 1 Cor 3:16; 6:19
I am one spirit with the Lord - 1 Cor 6:17
I am a member of Christ's body - 1 Cor 12:27
I am a citizen of heaven - Phil 3:20
I've been rescued from Satan's domain - Col 1:13
I am reconciled to God - 2 Cor 5:18
I am a saint - Eph 1:1; 1 Cor 1:2; Phil 1:1
I am a fellow citizen in God's kingdom - Eph 2:19
I have been brought near to Christ - Eph 2:13
I'm to be righteous and holy like God - Eph 4:24
I have direct access to God - Eph 2:18
I am a citizen of heaven - Phil 3:20
I've been rescued from Satan's domain - Col 1:13
I am hidden with Christ in God - Col 3:3
I am chosen of God - holy, beloved - Col 3:12
I am a child of light, not darkness - 1 Thess 5:5
I am a partaker of Christ - Heb 3:14
I'm one of God's living stones - 1 Pet 2:5
I'm a member of a royal priesthood - 1 Pet 2:9
I'm to be a stranger to this world - 1 Pet 2:11
I'm an enemy of the devil - 1 Pet 5:8
I am connected to the true vine - Jn 15:1,5
I am to be salt on the earth - Mt 5:13
I am to be light in the world - Mt 5:14
I'm chosen and appointed to bear fruit - Jn 15:16
I am called to do the works of Christ - Jn 14:12
I am to do what Christ commanded His disciples - Mt 28:20
I have been given spiritual authority - Lk 10:19
Signs should accompany my work - Mk 16:17-20
I am a minister of a new covenant - 2 Cor 3:6
I am a minister of reconciliation - 2 Cor 5:18,19
I am to be an expression of life in Christ - Col 3:4
I am a partaker of a heavenly calling - Heb 3:1

Brother, hang in there. You are in a battle. I am praying for you today.

Travis

2010/2/20 8:20Profile

Dear John,

The Holy Spirit has come to help you cease from sin. However, every time you do a deal with sin to commit it, God keeps His word to minister death to you. If you want life, you will have to keep strangling that sin till you've wrestled it to the ground, and then you still need to cut of its head, like David did to Goliath.

Having said this, I do wonder (if you are indeed battling with sins) if you are suffering from what is called 'perceptual disorientation'?

In other words, you are, in fact, winning the battle, and God is right with you in the fight (assisting you), but you have to be so concentrated towards conquering, that you simply have no [i]sense[/i] of His presence.

I've been through this many many times, and eventually have the testimony that He does not fail. But that is based on coming to the end of certain battles, and finding that without Him, I could not have overcome [u]at all[/u].

The points made by snufalapacus, are very valid.

Neither is God going to yield (even just a little) to your sinful desires, so that you can have the impression He approves of your misbehaviours. The word 'compromise' is not in His vocabulary, except as an accusation against those who refuse to worship Him with [u]all[/u] their heart, and mind, and soul, and strength.

I know it's tough, but He wants you to make [u]the choice[/u], and stick with [i]Him[/i], for your own good, as much as for Him to be able to receive back a disobedient child, as, for instance, Paul testifies - 1 Tim 1:14. (For context, read 1 Tim 12, 13.)

Afterthought: if you really [i]are[/i] [u]getting[/u] a hardened heart, that is because of unbelief. Every time you sin, you are exercising unbelief, which in spiritual terms, gives rise to idolatry.

Wayne said:

Quote:
Sexual sin seems to be split out from the rest in scripture as having a much more dramatic impact on us than other sins. [b]Not that it is any different in God's eyes.[/b]

Maybe not, but it is a sin against the person themselves, in a way that degrades the image of God in man, and I believe this is why God describes these as 'abominations'.

He expects man to [i]see[/i] that it is an abomination to God, to worship their own flesh (or that of another), instead of the Creator, and Paul has set this out very clearly in the New Testament, (Rom 1:25), as have many Old Testament characters, for example, David. To God be [u]all[/u] the glory is the only way forward - which includes honouring, utterly, His image in man, [i]in fact[/i], not merely by proclaimed intention.

2010/2/20 10:07

Re:

If anyone knows someone who can talk to me who might be able to help me or who has been through this thing and who could pray with me someone with experience dealing with souls, i really feel helpless seeking the Lord myself.

2010/2/21 20:27

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy