SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Have you seen the King?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Have you seen the King?

Isa 6:1 In the year that King Uzziah died I then saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and His train filled the temple.

The question becomes "Have you seen the King?" Do you have a fragrant, experiential heart knowledge of God? It is this kind of Christianity that has rocked the world. Listen to what Tozer says on this subject..............

Through the years, I have quite often heard educated and intelligent persons say, "Let me tell you how I discovered God."
Whether these discoverers went on from there to a humble and adoring worship of God I cannot say. I do know, however, that all of us would be in great trouble and still far from God if He had not graciously and in love revealed Himself to us.

I am a little irritated or grieved at the continuing hope of so many people that they will be able to grasp God—understand God, commune with God—through their intellectual capacities. When will they realize that if they could possibly "discover" God with the intellect, they would be equal to God?

We would do well to lean toward the kind of discovery of God described by the prophet Isaiah:
In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple (6:1).

Now, that which Isaiah saw was wholly other than, and altogether different from, anything he had ever seen before. Up to this point in his life, Isaiah had become familiar with the good things God had created. But he had never been introduced to the presence of the Uncreated.
To Isaiah, then, the violent contrast between that which is God and that which is not God was such that his very language suffered under the effort to express it.
Significantly, God was revealing Himself to man. Isaiah could have tried for a million years to reach God by means of his intellect without any chance of succeeding. All of the accumulated brainpower in the whole world could not reach God.

But the living God, in the space of a short second of time, can reveal Himself to the willing spirit of a man. It is only then that an Isaiah, or any other man or woman, can say with humility but with assurance, "I know Him."
—Whatever Happened to Worship?

2010/2/19 15:49
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Have you seen the King?

When GOD chooses to reveal Himself in His splendor
and majesty; we are left undone!! The Eternal,
Infinite One surpasses our knowledge !!

2010/2/19 16:33Profile

Re:

God says ................" Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him and he with Me."

And who does He say this to ?

"Rev 3:17 Because you say, I am rich and increased with goods and have need of nothing, and do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked,
Rev 3:18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold purified by fire, so that you may be rich;

2010/2/19 21:04

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy