SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is it wrong not to care about race issues?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Santana

Is it wrong not to care about race issues?

I don't know where to begin...so I'll just go ahead and say it. After getting saved and reading the bible for the first time, I realized there are only 2 races: Jew & Gentile.

But I live in America in 2010 and there's always talk about racism. (Especially being Black History Month.) Is it wrong not to be interested in your race and being a Christian? I don't participate in these issues because I know the real issue is not skin color, nationality or sex. It's sin!!!

I don't know a lot about Martin Luther King but I respect what he did. I just don't hear him speaking about salvation issues. Is there a time and place for that? Am I wrong to even think that?

1 John 2:9

2010/2/17 12:51Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Is it wrong not to care about race issues?

You are right about the real issue: it is sin!!
GOD is not concerned about color, creed, or
race; HE cares about character. Our character
should be conformed to Christ. Christ prayed
that we all be made one in heart, mind, purpose
in the Spirit of the LORD !!

2010/2/17 13:09Profile
Santana

Re:

I guess I'm getting a little fustrated because I know a church whos really hitting this issue hard...trying to end racism: showing videos, etc.

America loves to give ideas about how to end racism but to me that's like trying to end sin...without the cross.

2010/2/17 13:15Profile
shy1

Re:

im personally nt sure if racism is ever going to end because theres still people who hold on to the past and dont want to make the future better ending racism.

2010/2/17 13:54Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I do find it interesting that in the many times I've listened to Ravenhill, Tozer, etc., I never really heard them speak up on race issues... and they lived in a time where race issues were very big things.

2010/2/17 13:56Profile
harris

washington dc/dod

What is earthly is earthly and want is spiritual meditate on the things that are Godly. And they that worship God must worship him in spirit and truth. So, is spirit and truth a color or a race? So if you can answer that question then you will have your answer about race issues.
satan still trying to keep the world in bonds and race issues are chains to keep one bounded. Silly, silly humans we can be-until- the spirit of Christ comes into our life.

As a soldier on the battle field fighting under fire from the enemy if race matter when Black man and a White man and a Mexican man are huddle together in a fox hole fighting the enemey.

So,in the spiritual battle field Saints are huddle together fighting the good fight of faith. We know God has created everything -and Christ our saviour has died on the tree for good--- so don't be fool any more by satan with this foolish deceptive issues-- go out and serve Christ and tear down the walls of any in your life or society---because it is a stone thrown at the throne of God. And like Michael the Archangel--we can not stand for that--so on ward Christians soldier.

in Christ's service,

Gerald Harris

2010/2/17 14:47Profile
Giggles

Re:

I think God likes ethnic diversity (race is such an ugly word, there's only one race after all...human ;)

Rev. 7:9-10 "After these things I saw, and lo, a great multitude, which to number no one was able, out of all nations, and tribes, and peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne, and before the Lamb, arrayed in white robes, and palms in their hands, and crying with a great voice, saying, `The salvation is to Him who is sitting upon the throne--to our God, and to the Lamb!' "

2010/2/17 15:12Profile
hoohoou

Texas

I have found since my conversion that I don't really care either. Of course I don't want anyone mistreated, but I'm far more concerned with spiritual matters. Like someone else just posted, I think race, and I also think politics, are tools of the enemy to keep us earthly minded.

2010/2/17 15:42Profile

Santana,
brother, if a burden is not placed in your heart, its not in your heart.

but something, a burden, has been growing in my heart a long while, and instead of speaking only my words, I'll speak His Words, and see if anyone can discern what Isaiah means in this bit of Scripture: Its Isaiah 30:8 thru 14, and i'm going to quote in pieces

8And now, go, write it before them on a tablet
and inscribe it in a book,
that it may be for the time to come
as a witness forever.
9 For they are a rebellious people,
lying children,
children unwilling to hear
the instruction of the LORD;

who would this be? at the time, Isaiah wrote it about the kingdom of Judah....is this US?

10 who say to the seers, "Do not see,"
and to the prophets, "Do not prophesy to us what is right;
speak to us smooth things,
prophesy illusions,
11leave the way, turn aside from the path,
let us hear no more about the Holy One of Israel."

"smooth things" "prophesy illusions".

you can listen to sermon upon sermon in this land preaching against homosexual marriage, abortion on demand....yes?...or as you said," i just dont hear him (Dr. King) speaking about salvation issues"....well my brother, have you EVER listened to a collection of his GOSPEL sermons, not his civil rights speeches? I heard one where he detailed very very clearly how he was at end of himself, death threats, white folks down south threatening to kill him, his wife AND his CHILDREN. (dont know about you, but anybody threaten my boy, they best be wearing kevlar, and they better be hid up good) and he was at an end, and it was at this moment that Jesus spoke to him, become real, and Jesus promised never to leave him, and he concluded this sermon with a thunderous "Dont be a fool! Recognize your dependence on God!"

Now Doctor King wasnt murdered because of his civil rights work, Dr. King had begun very stridently to speak out against the war in Vietnam, and dark forces silenced him, same thing with Bobby Kennedy not two months later...dark forces, oppressors. One can always believe the "lone gunman" thing.....thats fine, "speak to us smooth things".

12Therefore thus says the Holy One of Israel,"Because you despise this word
and trust in oppression and perverseness
and rely on them,

As the Lord leads me, sexual immorality and murdering babies is FOUL WICKED SIN, are we agreed on that? that's the "perverseness', and i could reel out a whole host of other perversions in this land.....next time your at the check out counter in the supermarket, look at the perverse idol worshiping gossip magazines that line the shelves....BUT

what about the "oppression"? Anytime, anybody calls us on our OPPRESSION, watch out! They're "anti-American", "liberal" or EVEN "anti-god".....and then they'll unveil this concept called "American Exceptionalism"....hey brother, dont get me wrong, i think America's pretty special myself, BUT WE ARE STACKING ALL SORTS OF SINS TO THE HEAVENS!!!!...and ONE of them is the sin of slavery, which this nation is still accursed by, the dysfunctions of the inner city are the bitter fruit of that terrible sin, and nobody has the Grace or Truth or Honesty to come clean about it! Especially elements of the North American evangelical church, they just kiss the ring of the power brokers and the monied interests and the weapons manufacturer's, and someday we will ALL pay the price when the LORD GOD stretches out His Hand against us.

13therefore this iniquity shall be to you
like a breach in a high wall, bulging out, and about to collapse,
whose breaking comes suddenly, in an instant;
14and its breaking is like that of a potter’s vessel
that is smashed so ruthlessly
that among its fragments not a shard is found
with which to take fire from the hearth,
or to dip up water out of the cistern."

terrible stuff's a coming, someday,soon we're going to get our own 'hitler' here in America, you watch. the time is late at hand, it is almost night in America.

there is NO "salvation" gospel, there is no "social" gospel, there is only the Gospel of Jesus Messiah, and He is a Jealous God.

2010/2/17 15:51
wind_blows

Re:

Hey Nathan

Quote:
and ONE of them is the sin of slavery, which this nation is still accursed by, the dysfunctions of the inner city are the bitter fruit of that terrible sin, and nobody has the Grace or Truth or Honesty to come clean about it!

What do you mean by this? How or what would one have to do to come clean about this sin? Not sure I am understanding what you mean.

Quote:
BUT WE ARE STACKING ALL SORTS OF SINS TO THE HEAVENS!!!!

I agree with you on this.

much love in Him
ebeth

2010/2/17 16:08Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy