Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Knowing the Will of God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

Knowing the Will of God

Knowing the Will of God - A.W. Tozer

One of the problems most frequently encountered by serious-minded Christians is how to discover the will of God in a given situation. This is not a small matter. To countless thousands of Christians it is vitally important. Their peace of heart depends upon knowing that God is actually guiding them, and their failure to be sure that He is destroys their inward tranquility and fills them with uncertainty and fear. They must get help if they are to regain their confidence. Here is a modest effort to provide some help. First, it is absolutely essential that we be completely dedicated to Gods high honor and surrendered to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. God will not lead us except for His own glory and He cannot lead us if we resist His will. The shepherd cannot lead a stubborn sheep. The evil practice of using God must be abandoned. Instead of trying to employ God to achieve our ends we must submit ourselves joyously to God and let Him work through us to achieve His own ends - A.W. Tozer

2010/2/16 22:15Profile

Re: Knowing the Will of God

Quote:
The evil practice of using God must be abandoned. Instead of trying to employ God to achieve our ends we must submit ourselves joyously to God and let Him work through us to achieve His own ends.

Quote:
The idea is not that we do work for God, but that we are so loyal to Him that He can do His work through us - "I reckon on you for extreme service, with no complaining on your part and no explanation on Mine." God wants to use us as He used His own Son.
[i]18th Dec., My Utmost for His Highest ~ O. Chambers[/i]

Seeking Him until we find Him, is the only solution for uncertainty. God knows exactly what He wants from us. All the obstacles lie on our side, in our minds, our bodies and our physical circumstances, but: Luke 1:37.

There's a pun hidden in that statement, which should cheer us on! :-)

2010/2/17 7:48
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Knowing the Will of God

The will of GOD is definite and determined.
GOD'S will is definite in purpose, so we
may seek His will and discover His purpose.
His will is determined according to His
Word, which is His truth. When in doubt,
we can always determine His will according
to His truth. GOD desires for us to delight
in His will, and prove that His will is
acceptable, perfect, and right. His will
is always our wisest choice.

E. B. PUSEY

2010/2/17 11:08Profile
Giggles

Re:

Rom. 12:1-2 "I call upon you, therefore, brethren, through the compassions of God, to present your bodies a sacrifice--living, sanctified, acceptable to God--your intelligent service; and be not conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, for your proving what is the will of God--the good, and acceptable, and perfect.

2010/2/17 12:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy