SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : has anyone heard about this

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
PosterThread

Re:

Field Labourer said:

Quote:
Using other peoples posts to confirm what you believe can lead you places you don't want to go. Use the Word of God instead.

Actually, I do use the word of God, but I also use other means for confirmation. I do understand what your saying and I thank you for the caution. I do have the baptism of the Holy Ghost, and I am looking to His leading.

Have you ever prayed for something only to have it confirmed by someone giving you that very thing you have prayed for? I have, and this is how God increases our faith. Lets say your praying for God to supply you with food for your children and your cupboards are bare and you haven't told a living soul about your predicament, you have no money. Lo, and behold you hear a knock at the door and there is a stranger there with a car load of groceries that he felt a feeling that this household needed food. Jonathan Goforth had that same experience and countless others. There is nothing wrong in confirmations. I don't know about you, but that would just boost my faith into the stars.

Matthew 6:4 That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

Mark 16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

The confirmation that they were preaching the truth was that the power of God manifested. If it didn't, then it should be questioned. This is how we know that men today are preaching the truth. If there is no power, deliverance, and people being set free, we can safely assume that that preacher is not preaching the truth. Unless of course you believe that the gifts of the Spirit died out in the first century.

2010/2/24 21:00

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy