SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : has anyone heard about this

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

has anyone heard about this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2D_5ruJaUc

This is called Lord save us from your followers, it seems way off from biblical christianity, what do you all think of this movement?

2010/2/15 22:22Profile
hoohoou

Texas

Re: has anyone heard about this

Quote:
This is called Lord save us from your followers, it seems way off from biblical christianity, what do you all think of this movement?

I think "way off" is an understatement. It seemed like he might be going somewhere at the beginning and thought that the apologizing in the confessional, minus the confessional, might be a good idea. I think a lot of times Christians have used humanistic reasons for denouncing homosexuality. We shouldn't think it's wrong because we think it's gross. It's wrong because God says it is, but He still loves the people and longs for them to know Him. But the video quickly deteriorated into the basic humanistic love fest that Christianity seems to be today. I'd rather ruin someones day and save their life than make them smile and send them to hell. Like that one guy said, he heard there were Christians and felt they were condemning his lifestyle. Making them feel OK in their sin is more a condemnation than telling them God hates what they do.

2010/2/15 22:40Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: has anyone heard about this

All he is really saying is there are some
who claim to know and follow Christ but
have no understanding what that means!!

2010/2/15 23:52Profile
fieldlaborer

Re:

I watched the clip and emailed them. I believe this teaching is very dangerous. First of all Dan Merchant is upset that America is divided and blames Christians for this. While we (meaning Christians) need to be motivated out of love when we witness to the lost, the message of Jesus can bring division because often people don't want to give their lives to Christ.

Luke 12:51-53 (KJV)
51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Secondly, after emailing them with several questions they told me that they are trying to get people to like Christians so that they will like Jesus. Salvation is about so much more than liking Jesus or thinking Jesus is just some good man.

Finally, after asking them why they are against James Dobson they would not answer me but sent me a link to reviews of the film. Here is one review, tell me if you see anything wrong with it.

http://nppnblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/city-impact-portland-or-new-way-to.html

I see whats happening in America, along with this film, as the apostasy that is prophesied will take place in the last days. What good does it do anyone if we are nice to them but withhold the truth from them?

2010/2/19 19:24Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I am back again. First I posted, reread and it seemed I posted on the wrong thread. Then when I looked for the link I was responding to I saw it in the post above mine written by fieldlaborer.

This is the my response to it, not the one that was posted in the lead post.

I am responding to this blog: http://nppnblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/city-impact-portland-or-new-way-to.html

Here it is :

Quote from blog:
"What we're saying now," Palau adds, "is wouldn't it be amazing to partner with the city and corporate leaders to make the community better?"

Imagine Jesus saying this, or his disciples. I suppose if he would have, he would not have been crucified. And if his disciples would have they would not have been persecuted, either.

My opinion.

ginnyrose

2010/2/19 20:02Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

I am happy to hear you emailed them brother because it sounds very dangereous to me too.

2010/2/19 20:18Profile

Re:

I saw nothing dangerous in this video.......Frank

2010/2/19 21:19
MaryJane

Re:

Quote:

Greetings Frank

Can I ask you did you think that there was any compromise in the video?

God Bless
maryjane

2010/2/19 22:10Profile

MaryJane

Let me ask you a question in return; why do think A. there are so few Jews today, who have confessed Messiah Jesus?

is there anything that would make the Jewish people envious of so great a salvation via the witness, walk and or love of the modern evangelical church?

do you think it might have something to do with over 1700 years of memory of being hounded persecuted and killed by "christians", who had the words, "kill a Jew for Jesus!" shrieked from the mouth of either crusaders, cossacks, german lutherans or christian identity neo nazi's in the us?

I'll confess, sometime's i read posts on this forum, that make my skin crawl, sometimes i hear things uttered in the public marketplace by purported Christian leaders, that make me want to go hide in a cave in shame, at how perverted the Message of Salvation, the Message of the Resurrected Messiah has become....a TELEVISION PREACHER calling for the assassination of a foreign democratically elected president of another nation? the leader of the NAE, who shrieked loud and long about homosexual marriage, all the while he himself was enagaging in drug soaked homosexual whore-mongering? a freak revivalist. covered in tatoo's, playing with God to enrich his purse, feed his lusts, divorce his wife, and then magically get "restored" by another fleshling and start the whole mess over again?

it makes me sick, so many hypocrites have taken a beautiful concept, "evangelical", and made it a stench in the public place.

But personally, i can never go back. I KNOW Jesus is Messiah, Risen from the dead, His Blood is wholly sufficient to cleanse us from all sins, Jesus is the Answer, the Only Way, i can never go back, Praise His Name, but a lot of His purported followers?

religionists.....or should i say, religion kills, Jesus saves.

2010/2/19 22:54

Re:

Quote:

I must concur with my fellow colleague.

Let God do the changing. We need to accept people the way they are without telling them anything in the way they should live, let the Holy Ghost convict and convince them of their sin. Jesus sat with homosexuals, harlots and thieves and not once is it ever said that He condemned anyone for being what they were, accept for the Pharisees. He told them stories and shared the love of God. God save us from His followers.

Most people don't understand why they are the way they are. They grew up in a Christian home, in the closet scared to tell anyone their secret because the Church has a nasty way of exposing and pointing the finger with condemnation. They know something is wrong, fear drives them away from the church where they find love and acceptance of those that have the same problem. Because of that love and acceptance they will protect that even though they have become deceived. If we did our part in the first place none of these people would have to run away. We could have accept them the way they were. "It's the goodness of God that leadeth men unto repentance". I remember a woman who came into the church practically nothing on, and as she was walking down the aisle a sister took her coat and went right up behind her and covered her with God's love. She didn't call her names, she didn't put her down for coming into the Church looking like that, she let the convicting power of the holy Ghost do His work in and through her.

God save us from your followers who love to relish in condemning that which you have paid a great price and atone for and made clean by your blood.

When we say, "God loves the sinner and hates the sin". Bad words to express to a homosexual. For their sin is who they have come to believe. When we say that to them, they are hearing you say that God hates them. No wonder they hate God, I would too. No, God loves period!!

Holiness will spread repentance into their soul.

2010/2/19 23:27

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy