SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Billy Graham in Kansas City

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Billy Graham in Kansas City

Billy Graham has been conducting a crusade here in Kansas City since Thursday night. He is very frail and must walk with a walker due to the replacement hip and broken tail bone. He has spent over half the year in bed. He is 84 or 85 years old. George Beverly Shea had a heart attack a few weeks ago (he is in his 90's) and missed his first service with Billy in 60 years. Billy Graham preached half the message or so sitting down for the first time in his life. The message Thursday was in the rain and was his first message this year.

In spite of all this weakness, God has been moving. My heart says its time for some preachers to step up and proclaim the truth to this generation and beyond without fear or favor. We can't rely on these men forever. Thank God for them and their ministry, but we need to pray for laborers in this harvest.

Please pray for the services as they continue through Sunday Night.

God Bless,

-Robert

2004/10/9 16:46Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Billy Graham in Kansas City

Quote:
In spite of all this weakness, God has been moving. My heart says its time for some preachers to step up and proclaim the truth to this generation and beyond without fear or favor. We can't rely on these men forever. Thank God for them and their ministry, but we need to pray for laborers in this harvest.

Amen! we will be praying brother thats great news, I know the Lord will be working even more through the weakness of the vessels presented. Praying that many souls will come into the kingdom of light not just make decisions on a piece of paper.

2004/10/9 16:56Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re:

"Therefore ask the Lord of the harvest to send forth laborers into the harvest..."

Amen, Robert. May God use you, me, Greg, Jesse, Lars, and so many more to BE those laborers...

...for the night is far spent...more than I can say. I just watched a young 'man' beat a young woman like nothing else. After calling the Police, I came home and wondered to myself..."There is something seriously wrong."

Sounds like a no-brainer statement, but when are we going to wake up out of our lethargy and actually BE salt in the places where we live? It's my fault that happened tonight. I'm supposed to be the salt, the preserving influence, the purifying influence, by the grace of God...

Help us. Lord.

2004/10/10 0:43Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy