SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Public Rebuke of Todd Bentley

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
savannah

Public Rebuke of Todd Bentley

As per the request of the moderators,

"The site moderators ask you before you post that you consider praying and ask the Lord if you have the right spirit to serve others in the body of Christ before posting and pressing the submit button"...and...

with Colossians 4:6 in heart and mind,

"Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man"...

I submit the following link and post;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX4W2tVPjKg&annotation_id=annotation_965896&feature=iv

For the love of Christ Jesus the LORD even our LORD...
For the love of Christ Jesus' sheep even His elect...
For the love of Christ Jesus' Gospel even His Truth...

And in prayer for a God-sent and a God-glorifying revival(which is the only true revival), which in part must have bold God-sent messengers confronting and rebuking the false prophets and false teachers of the day and hour, as a witness for His Righteousness and a testimony against all who contradict and follow such blind guides, for both 'the deceived and the deceiver are his'.

Job 12:13-16 "With him is wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding. Behold, he breaketh down, and it cannot be built again: he shutteth up a man, and there can be no opening.Behold, he withholdeth the waters, and they dry up: also he sendeth them out, and they overturn the earth.With him is strength and wisdom: the deceived and the deceiver are his."

For such a revival is not without the above aformentioned word from God to men as He warns before He wounds.

For the Love of God is a distinguishing love and a discriminating love even as that of a man for His own wife and His own dear children.

Let not those deceivers deceive you who tell you that God and His Christ has set his love upon all men without exception rather than all men without distinction.

Ezek. 14:9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

Men speak thus,"God does not only love them who love Him,He loves all men without exception."

But God...speaks thus,

Deut. 7:6-10 For thou art a holy people to the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people to himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn to your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you from the house of bond-men, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt. Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, who keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations: And repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face."

And Christ, 'who of God is made unto us wisdom'...

1 Cor. 1:30 "But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption"

as Wisdom speaks thus,

Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength. By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth.I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me...For whoso findeth me findeth life,and shall obtain favour of the LORD.But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death." (Prov. 8:14-17,35,36)

And David as a prophet-type of Christ in the psalms...

speaks thus,

Psalm 139:21,22 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them my enemies.

Upon which one comments thus,

“Do not I hate them, O Lord, that hate thee?” He was a good hater, for he hated only those who hated good. Of this hatred he is not ashamed, but he sets it forth as a virtue to which he would have the Lord bear testimony. To love all men with benevolence is our duty; but to love any wicked man with complacency would be a crime. To hate a man for his own sake, or for any evil done to us, would be wrong; but to hate a man because he is the foe of all goodness and the enemy of all righteousness, is nothing more nor less than an obligation. The more we love God the more indignant shall we grow with those who refuse him their affection.“If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ let him be Anathema Maranatha.” Truly, “jealousy is cruel as the grave.” The loyal subject must not be friendly to the traitor. “And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?” He appeals to heaven that he took no pleasure in those who rebelled against the Lord; but, on the contrary, he was made to mourn by a sight of their ill behaviour. Since God is everywhere, he knows our feelings towards the profane and ungodly, and he knows that so far from approving such characters the very sight of them is grievous to our eyes.

“I hate them with perfect hatred.” He does not leave it a matter of question. He does not occupy a neutral position. His hatred to bad, vicious, blasphemous men is intense, complete, energetic. He is as whole-hearted in his hate of wickedness as in his love of goodness. “I count them mine enemies.” He makes a personal matter of it. They may have done him no ill, but if they are doing despite to God, to his laws, and to the great principles of truth and righteousness, David proclaims war against them.

As in many other places it is written that Christ 'loved his own' and He Himself...

speaks thus,

John 13:1 Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world to the Father, having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end.

John 14:21-23 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me, shall be loved by my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. Judas, not Iscariot, saith to him, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself to us, and not to the world? Jesus answered and said to him, If a man loveth me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come to him, and make our abode with him.

John 15:9,10 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

John 3:35,36 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son, hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son, shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Rev. 1:5,6 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first-begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. To him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,And hath made us kings and priests to God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

And finally the beloved apostle distinguishes his love as he...

speaks thus,

Rom. 9:21-24 Hath not the potter power over the clay of the same lump to make one vessel to honor, and another to dishonor? What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much long-suffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had before prepared for glory,Even us whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles.

1 Cor. 16:21-24 The salutation of me Paul with my own hand. If any man loveth not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema, Maran-atha. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. Amen.

He hath made it clear. Verily there are those who are children of God having God as their Father and children of the devil who have the devil as their father, and are children of disobedience. And this from before the foundation of the world that He would be glorified in all.

Prov. 16:4,5 The LORD hath made all things for himself: yes, even the wicked for the day of evil. Every one that is proud in heart is an abomination to the LORD: though hand join in hand, he shall not be unpunished.

1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

John 8:42-44 Jesus said to them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do: he was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Eph. 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Col. 3:6 For which things the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

Rev. 6:15-17 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bond-man, and every free-man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who will be able to stand?

As I stated above, the Love of God is reserved for His wife and His children only. Even as a faithful husband reserves his love for his wife and children. He has testified to this Truth in His own Word.

Believe God not men. Amen.

2010/2/14 4:10Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Public Rebuke of Todd Bentley

Quote:
As I stated above, the Love of God is reserved for His wife and His children only. Even as a faithful husband reserves his love for his wife and children. He has testified to this Truth in His own Word.

savannah: If this statement were true then all of us are without hope. All of us were enemies of God. It was only through His love for us while we were yet sinners that we became the bride of Christ, sons of God and joint heirs with Christ.

Col 1:20-22
(20) And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
(21) And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
(22) In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Rom 5:8-10
(8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
(9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
(10) For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

I know mature leaders who traveled to Florida to visit the services there to see what was going on. Would that I could have gone myself. They brought back the report that many genuine things were happening there and that God was moving among the people. They also brought back the report that something was not quite right. They did not know exactly what was going on, but were concerned about Todd Bentley.

He fell!

So what is the body of Christ supposed to do with him?

Gal 6:1
(1) Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

I have heard that there are mature leaders who have taken Todd Bentley in and are ministering to Him so that he might be restored. I pray for him that he might be restored and once again be able to minister, this time with more maturity and wisdom. What might have happened if God had simply had Nathan "pull the plug" so to speak on King David? David lived with consequences of his sin, but even under the old covenant of law, David did not suffer the consequence of immediate stoning that the law required for his sin. Rather God forgave him and he was restored. It was God's heart that David understood.

There is coming a day of God's judgment and wrath. It is not yet. We walk now in His grace and His mercy. Let us love like He loves. It is not a love that excuses sin or looks the other way. Rom 12:9
(9) Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
But it is a love that seeks to see the broken restored.

Travis

2010/2/14 8:46Profile

Re: Public Rebuke of Todd Bentley

i want to thank you and bless you for bringing my attention to this situation. i have watched everything, much more than the actual public rebuke, and my heart is so broken for so many reasons, that now i just want to hear Jesus, focus on Jesus, i'm sick of the world, and the devil and all his mess, that i'm just going to lay down for a spell, and ask Jesus to fill my heart and my soul with only the Comfort He can bring. weary, neil

2010/2/14 14:38

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy