SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Church Planting Literature

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hoohoou

Texas

Church Planting Literature

Can anyone point me to a good resource. I'm looking for Biblical teaching on the subject. I did a little shopping today but only found business like approaches to the undertaking. Even if anyone can point me to a previous thread I would be thankful.

2010/2/13 21:48Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re: Church Planting Literature

try this book .. it was a great help in planting a church here in brownsville texas..
http://www.monergismbooks.com/product.php?productid=16949

if the link doesnt work its called:
The Deliberate Church: Building Your Ministry on the Gospel
by Mark Dever

2010/2/13 23:33Profile
hoohoou

Texas

Re:

Thanks for the link. And that's exactly what I'm looking for.

2010/2/15 22:16Profile

I know this may seem to be off course for you, but Phil Goble's first book was about planting Messianic Synagogues, which he also 'did', in Florida. His website is afii.org, and although that home page seems plenty busy, there is much to mine on the site. He is a street preacher also, and extremely accessible, so I'm sure he'd converse with you by whichever medium you find most convenient.

2010/2/17 7:56
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Just a consideration hoohoou, but you might want to give a "small" amount of consideration to those books that are "business" oriented in their approach. For at the end of the day, if your church registers as a 501(c)3 organization, and you receive donations, rent a facility or own land, you WILL have to have some business accumen when it comes to these things. But outside of the legal considerations, I'd ignore the content of most of those books. Thus far, I've found the best church planting books have been by people who start house churches. You may not agree with all their theology, but, they tend to have the best "plan" for at least getting off the ground, in my opinion. I'm not sure I can recommend one over another, as most of the one's I have read are decent reading. Some of them never see a second printing though.

2010/2/17 12:01Profile
hoohoou

Texas

Re:

Alive-to-God and KingJimmy, thanks for the input. I've gone from not having a place to start to not knowing where to start.

2010/2/17 22:45Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy