SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Any thoughts on Henri Nouwen?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Giggles

Any thoughts on Henri Nouwen?

Has anyone read him or can any recommend him or just avoid him?

2010/2/12 12:03Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Any thoughts on Henri Nouwen?

His writings are contemplative meditations that
express the person and worth of Christ. If you
enjoy Thomas a Kempis or Francois Fenelon; you
will probably like Henri Nouwen !

2010/2/12 12:26Profile

Re: The spirit of anti-Christ....

Henri Nouwen was a New age universalist and no doubt a Christian Heretic. He was also a Roman catholic Priest who embraced all of the cultic practices of "meditative spirituality" that the Demonic mystics like Fenelon did.

Here are some quotes from him:

Did Nouwen believe Jesus was the only way to God?

"Today I personally believe that while Jesus came to open the door to God's house, all human beings can walk through that door, whether they know about Jesus or not. Today I see it as my call to help every person claim his or her own way to God."
—From Sabbatical Journey, Henri Nouwen's last book
page 51, 1998 Hardcover Edition

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nouwen’s endorsement of a book by Hindu spiritual teacher Eknath Easwaran, teaching mantra meditation, further illustrates his universalistic sympathies. On the back cover, Nouwen stated, "This book has helped me a great deal."—Read Entire Article, Henri Nouwen and Buddhism

....................................................................A Time of Departing, by Ray Yungen, speaks on Henri Nouwen

—
"The doctrines (instructions) of demons (no matter how nice, how charming, how devoted to God they sound) convey that everything has Divine Presence (all is One). This is clear heresy, for that would be saying Satan and God are one also. If what Henri Nouwen proclaimed is true when he said,'We can come to the full realization of the unity of all that is,' then Jesus Christ and Satan are also united. That, my friend, is something only a demonic spirit would teach!"

Did Nouwen believe
all is one? Did Nouwen believe
God dwells in all humans?

"The God who dwells in our inner sanctuary is the same as the one who dwells in the inner sanctuary of each human being." Here and Now by Henri Nouwen; page 22
source: lighthouse trails research .com

He was a devotee of pure Babylonian occult mysticism, as was and is yet practiced in the cloisters of Roman Catholicism. There is no relation between his "Christian" teachings, and authentic Christianity, other than their opposition to one another.

To those questioning his validity as a true minister of the gospel, I would advise you to run, and do not fall for the bait.

2010/2/12 13:35
Giggles

Re:

Thanks for the responses sojourner7 and brothertom. Much appreciated.

2010/2/12 14:43Profile

Re:

aint we having fun now!

2010/2/12 16:19

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy