SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : So whether you eat or drink...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Veronica226

Montana

So whether you eat or drink...

Just now (5:40 pm MDT) I learned what it means to really live out 1 Corinthians 10:31: "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."

I have been spoiled most of my life with fresh fruits and veggies. The last 7 years we've lived in a house where my mom was able to have a 20 foot by 10 foot garden. I could eat straight out of it almost all summer long. But as of the last 3 months or so we've been too broke to buy fruits or veggies (since it's waaaay to cold here to grow them until almost June). Well I don't know where she got them, but my mom just brought me a quarter of an apple. And let me tell you it is the best darn apple I've ever had! When I bit into it all I could do was thank God and praise Him that he's provided this apple and that it's amazing and His love and provision is amazing and that I am so grateful for it and appreciate it.
It reminded me of what Paul Washer said in his sermon "Be a Man... Biblically" about 1 Cor 10:31. That everything from drinking a glass of water to eating an apple is to be done for the glory of God. It is a gift that is to be received from God and given back to Him in praise.

I thank God that He gave me the opportunity to apply this Scripture to an even deeper level and to glorify Him more! I pray that He will teach each of us more and more each day what this verse means and help us to apply it to our lives. He is sooo amazing!

In Christ,
Veronica

2010/2/11 19:52Profile
Giggles

Re: So whether you eat or drink...

Mmmm, soooo good. This is a great testimony and example of the child-like heart we're called to have. O to be thankful and delighted with the simple, with the pure, with the things we so often take for granted and give God no glory for. Next time save us all a piece of that apple huh? ;)

2010/2/11 21:49Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy