Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Prayer The most contested ground

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
garoak

Ireland

Prayer The most contested ground

I know prayer and intimacy with Jesus is the the key.
recently God has begun to restore his first love to me and have begun to feel the grace of God to work again in my life.As Finney once said revival produces an intence longing to obey God i would love to know this more and more. This site has contributed much in stirring my heart towards God. I find alot when I begin to pray my mind gets flooded with distracting thoughts and find it so frustrating my causual attitude before the king of kings.Does Anybody have any advise in this area?
I long for a real reverence before God and a revival in my heart. I know there are untapped reservoirs Oh! for the determination to seek him with the whole heart! Please pray God will have his way in my life

2004/10/9 7:00Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Prayer The most contested ground

Quote:
Finney once said revival produces an intence longing to obey God i would love to know this more and more. This site has contributed much in stirring my heart towards God.

Praise God may the Lord continue His work in your heart! till He has full-control of you. Let us seek to be less and for Jesus to have more of us.

Quote:
I find alot when I begin to pray my mind gets flooded with distracting thoughts and find it so frustrating my causual attitude before the king of kings.Does Anybody have any advise in this area?

I find that if I talk out loud in prayer to the Lord it helps my mind stay focused on HIM. I think of coming into the presence of a king at times and that my words should be said correctly this always helps. Praying the psalms is a nice thing to do also and has proved beneficial in my life.

2004/10/9 9:58Profile
hredii

Fresno CA

I have heard a sermon that touched this subject before on this site. It was by Keith Daniel called "Every Branch in me That Beareth Not Fruit" there is some really good stuff on the quiet time, that starts at 40 minutes or so. I have recently tried to model my prayer time to it. I can say that it has helped. There is one part about praying to God for 10 min to be able to pray in your right mind. So if you feel like you are drifting in and out of prayer during your prayer time; start praying that you will be able to pray with undivided attention on Him alone and that you will pray in your right mind. I can tell you it works!

2004/10/9 11:24Profile
kathleen1

Hello, Brother. My name is Kathleen, (Shalee is my 2 year old) and your introduction and comments about the struggle to pray struck a chord in me. I too, have had the same problem. I can tell you how God has ministered to me through this site, and another: www.tscpulpitseries.org. This is a web site of a true man of God, David Wilkerson. He is the founding pastor of Times Square Church in NY. He sends out a free newsletter, (which you can sign up for at www.worldchallenge.org,) and he will send you this free newsletter to your home. He doesn't ask for money, (and I've been getting them for 3 years) and he's always right on the mark. He admits he's made mistakes, he's easy to relate to. He's suffered loss, as his granddaughter died of cancer, a Christian, at 11 years old. He has many newsletters about prayer, and how Satan will battle your mind with disjointed thoughts, and distractions. His audio sermons available on this site, as well as Carter Conlon, the resident Pastor at Bro. Wilkerson's church is equally anointed, and I do not use that word lightly.

I highly recommend these two men's sermons. You will be astonished, as was I at how God will move, and how the Holy Spirit will open your understanding. Also, if you have high speed internet, check out www.e-sword.net. This is a site that makes available free Bible Software, with numerous add-ons. (Bible Dictionaries, Commentaries, Maps, Books, (one of which is E.M. Bounds: Men of Prayer (6 volume) It is good. This software allows you to download up to 3 more Bible translations (beside the KJV that comes with it, with Strong's numbers in the text). You do not have to register or give any info, such as name or email.

God bless. And welcome. This site is awesome.

2004/10/14 23:50Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Praise God for prayer; I've learned early on that prayer is too the father thru our Lord Jesus. Jesus is between us and the father , when the father answers our prayer it comes to us from him thru the Holy Spirit, and there you have the three strand cord that is not easlie broken.
Time in prayer; Jesus as was his costum prayed too the father and mircles happened. the word lets us know that we are to be in the fathers will, and as we are he will answer.
Blessing on you in your walk with the Lord, remember he choose you and he will finish his work in you.

2004/10/15 0:46Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
This software allows you to download up to 3 more Bible translations (beside the KJV that comes with it, with Strong's numbers in the text). You do not have to register or give any info, such as name or email.

I don't think there is a limit to the number of Bible translationswith e-sword; currently I am using 22 translations, 11 dictionaries and 14 commentaries!

2004/10/15 3:17Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy