SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Knox County TN School Shooting

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Knox County TN School Shooting

I was substituting today in Knox County (at another school) and Knox County Schools let out early because of the weather but the teachers had to stay. On my way home I heard it on the news, that there had been a shooting at one of our elementary schools. It happened at 12:30 today.

Late this afternoon, the police finally released that a teacher whose contract was not being renewed next year was the one who shot two women in the office: the principal and the assistant principal.

"Principal Elisa Luna has been left in critical condition, and Assistant Principal Amy Brace is in stable condition. Teacher Mark Foster is accused of shooting them both in the office at Inskip Elementary." [url=http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=11964121]Link[/url] (edit: changed link)

God have mercy on all concerned and please, please remember them and their families in prayer.

2010/2/10 16:57Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re: Knox County TN School Shooting

definitely will keep them in prayer Lysa

2010/2/10 19:51Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Oh my Lysa. I will certainly pray. How hard is this on everybody. My granddaughter's school is till reeling from their shooting episode last week. Desperation on every side. Men's hearts failing them for fear of what is coming on the earth. The place of refuge is in Jesus. Peace and safety to all involved.

2010/2/10 22:28Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Thank you

John, Goldie and others,

Thank you for your prayers, the principal is still in critical condition.

It's coming out now that the teacher that shoot them has only worked there almost three years and they did not renew his contract and being unstable (he had been in mental institutions on and off), he didn't take the news well at all. It's sad, very sad.

Goldminer, where was your school shooting? I know you talked about the shooting but I must not have been paying attention! I hope they heal too, it will take awhile.

About five years ago, a principal was killed and two assistants were wounded in Campbell County High School (the county right above mine) and it took a a couple of years if they've gotten over it at all.

I know they appreciate your prayers!! God bless,

2010/2/10 23:27Profile

Hi Lysa,

This is pretty close to home for a number of SI friends. It certainly shows how much respect should be given to mental illness, especially where the person may not feel affirmed by the content of the communication they receive. I can't imagine how traumatising it is for a local community to deal with this kind of event'

2010/2/11 4:51

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy