SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Churches Burned In Texas

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Churches Burned In Texas

[url=http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=124615]Arsonists on Rampage as 11 Churches Burn.[/url]

2010/2/10 8:37Profile
Veronica226

Montana

Re: Churches Burned In Texas

That is really sad and... alarming? I don't know if that's the right word... It seems like another one of those little signs that persecution is on the way...

2010/2/10 17:47Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Well, this is tragic.

I am assuming this to be the work of some arsonist out for a lark. Several years ago several country church houses were torched in west Alabama. If I recall, the arsonists were some youths out for a lark.

Earlier, as I recall, this also happened through out the south in other places during Pres. Clinton's presidency. I do not recall whether these arsonists were ever brought to justice.

Back in the 1960's Naniah Waiya Mennonite Church near by Philadelphia, MS was torched three times by some local fanatical racists who were upset by the church's outreach to the Choctaw Indians. It was rebuilt three times with donated labor and stands to this day.

Unless proven otherwise I am inclined to believe it is the work of some crazy who enjoys to see buildings burn.

ginnyrose

2010/2/10 18:58Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

This [url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100224/ap_on_re_us/us_texas_church_fires;_ylt=AvWHZv1WbmuXXe6Vmv_9H69H2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTNhcWdkcGNxBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwMjI0L3VzX3RleGFzX2NodXJjaF9maXJlcwRjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wdWxhcgRjcG9zAzcEcG9zAzcEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHNsawNyZX]article[/url] appears to be a follow up to this story. It seems at first that this was religiously motivated crime. These men have not yet been tried in court however.

I hope they get saved.

2010/2/24 23:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy