Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A MORAL PRONOUNCEMENT

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
tjservant

Indiana USA

A MORAL PRONOUNCEMENT

A MORAL PRONOUNCEMENT - A. W. Tozer

What is God saying to His human creation in our day and time?In brief, He is saying, "Jesus Christ is My beloved Son. Hear Him!"Why is there rejection? Why do men and women fail to listen?Because God's message in Jesus is a moral pronouncement. Men and women do not wish to be under the authority of the moral Word of God!For centuries, God spoke in many ways. He inspired holy men to write portions of the message in a book. People do not like it so they try their best to avoid it because God has made it the final test of all morality, the final test of all Christian ethics.God, being one in His nature, is always able to say the same thing to everyone who hears Him. Christian believers must know that any understanding of the Word of God must come from the same Spirit who provided the inspiration!

2010/2/8 22:04Profile
HeartSong

Re: A MORAL PRONOUNCEMENT

What I am having difficulty with is that people seem to think that if they just ignore it, it will go away. "It" being the choice - but "it" never goes away until we are dead. The very thing that the people are avoiding is the very thing that they are seeking - that being the freedom that is found in the choice - that being the right choice.

2010/2/9 0:03Profile

Re: A MORAL PRONOUNCEMENT

Hi tj,

This is a great quote!

Quote:
God, being one in His nature, is always able to say the same thing to everyone who hears Him.

Such truth! This is something I muse on very often.

Quote:
God's message in Jesus is a moral pronouncement. Men and women do not wish to be under the authority of the moral Word of God!For centuries, God spoke in many ways. He inspired holy men to write portions of the message in a book. People do not like it so they try their best to avoid it because God has made it the final test of all morality

I think this is why some people cling to the theory of evolution, instead of embracing God as Creator; because the moment they acknowledge God, their sin jumps right up in their face, and suddenly they have the problem of coming short of His glory, and of the exigency of turning from sin to enjoy fellowship with Him.

2010/2/10 5:48
HeartSong

Re:

I used to think that the people did not know about the Lord - but I am now finding that most do - or at least most of the people that I am in contact with. It seems that they are only willing to go so far due to something that they are unwilling to give up, which becomes their stopping point. So there they sit, unwilling to go forward, and unable to go backward, yet knowing in the back of their mind that they are still in need of the Saviour. It is here that they create God in their own image. It is here that they reject God and put themselves under their own authority hoping that in the end it will all somehow work out.

2010/2/10 13:01Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy