SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : MUST HEAR: The Danger Of Anti-Group Attitudes by Denny Kenaston

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 MUST HEAR: The Danger Of Anti-Group Attitudes by Denny Kenaston

Saints,

Denny Kenaston speaks powerfully about an heart issue that many christians must deal with. We have a negative unforgiving in our hearts towards other church groups that we have been hurt by or left. We need to cater a christ-like attitude towards others.

The Danger Of Anti-Group Attitudes by Denny Kenaston
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=19296&commentView=itemComments

2010/2/5 22:21Profile
HeartSong

Re: MUST HEAR: The Danger Of Anti-Group Attitudes by Denny Kenaston

I have been missing Brother Denny . . . and Dean Taylor also . . .

2010/2/6 1:07Profile
proudpapa

Re: MUST HEAR: The Danger Of Anti-Group Attitudes by Denny Kenaston

I started listening to this from the wrong motive.
That is with the thought that this would probably be a good message for others.

Quickly I realized that this was a message I needed and that I personally am very guilty of this attitude.

The Danger Of Anti-Group Attitudes by Denny Kenaston

Topic: Judging
Description: Denny Kenaston speaks powerfully about an heart issue that many christians must deal with. We have a negative unforgiving in our hearts towards other church groups that we have been hurt by or left. We need to cater a christ-like attitude towards others.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=19296&commentView=itemComments

2014/10/19 1:06Profile
Jeremy221

Re:

Did you edit your post after you realized your error that this was a bump due to your own flesh and not being lead by the Spirit? Feel free to contact Sermon Index to delete our posts so that this thread is no longer on the front page.

2014/10/19 4:22Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Hi Jeremy221,

I was searching through the sermons last night with the wrong heart attitude, I listened to this sermon to almost the end before posting anything.
while listening to it, (before posting anything.)
I reliezed that I am very guilty of this.
I felt it to be an edifying sermon and my wrongful heart to post it was humbled and so when I did post it, I included this statement :

" I started listening to this from the wrong motive.
That is with the thought that this would probably be a good message for others.
Quickly I realized that this was a message I needed and that I personally am very guilty of this attitude."

That statement was included from the beginning.

As to why I included the link shortly later and had used this thread instead of creating a fresh one.

Was because when I went to post this sermon I had googled the title of the message and this thread was one of the first google headings to come up, and since I seen there was already a thread started I decided to use this one instead of creating a new one.
After posting it I realized for some reason that Gregs link did not work, as to why I did not know untill you have explained why, and that is why I then added the Link to the sermon shortly after that. and then the description shortly after that, these edits where done so quickly and late at night and did not effect any thing being said that I did not bother to add the words "edit add"

Bro Jeremy221 I have great respect for you, because of convicting power that I have felt from you in the past.

If you have any questions to understanding what I wrote please ask, because I want to clear up any confusion.

edit: spell check

(edit add , I guess I still do not know why that link did not work last night, I misunderstood what you where saying about the front page)

2014/10/19 10:21Profile
Jeremy221

Re:

proudpapa,

My point is that in the process of finding and posting to this thread, everything comes from you. You were looking. You googled. You found the right link. You thought that you should bump the previous thread. You did...you did...you did. Jesus taught us that his real food came from obeying the Father in everything which included sharing what the Father commanded Him to. That has become a source of food for us. Jesus fed us the words of the Father in the Father's time. We can hold the foolish notion that Jesus only knew what He taught as recorded in the Bible but the very contradicts that when He speaks to Nicodemas. This is the same principle behind the Gospel through saving faith has been recorded in the Bible since Abel.

Our job is to walk as Jesus walked, for the glory of the Father. We don't do what we think will be good or say good things. We speak what the Spirit teaches in His time. When you walk as Jesus did your works are not your own, they are the Father's.

This was your work, proudpapa.

2014/10/20 1:29Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
This was your work, proudpapa.

Jeremy,

I would encourage you brother to not personally judge a brother's motives, this is really up to the Lord. It is recommended for saints to share sermons that will bless the community on SermonIndex. This message that he highlighted definitely is need to be listened to all in light of the discussions of late. It is wise and good to have a godly man such as denny kenaston give his thoughts he learnt from the Lord towards the matter.

Though we seek to be led by the Spirit and do the things that please God at times we do what we feel is best and God honours that. Especially when one does not claim to hear from the Lord in "every" action or word he does. We are growing.

So I would appreciate you not judging the motives but perhaps listen to the message. We all need to grow, humble ourselves even the most mature on the forums here.

2014/10/20 9:11Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

We all need to grow, humble ourselves even the most mature on the forums here.

One never outgrows the need to grow...we are constantly in a mode of change - be it upward or backwards. Always. And...this is humbling.

My preacher-grandfather used to say that he thought that when one gets to be old [spiritual] life would get easier but he has discovered the opposite. This is true because - as he says - the devil knows his opportunities to trip you up is getting shorter. His observation has come back and encouraged me so often. Maybe it will someone else, too.

(Menno Schrock lived to be 88 years old. His prayer in his old age was that the LORD would allow him to retain his good mind until the end. And the LORD answered this prayer. His life and testimony has had a huge impact on me. I am very blessed to have been his granddaughter.)

Sandra

2014/10/20 9:36Profile
drifter

Campbell River, B.C.

Re:

2014/10/20 13:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy