SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Teaching children to pray messages?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
oboy

China

Teaching children to pray messages?

Does anyone know any good messages that instruct parents on teaching their children how to pray? I know there are a number of books, but since I sit at the computer and work all day, listening is a much better option.

Thanks,
Stephen

2010/1/31 2:31Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: Teaching children to pray messages?

There are 6 chapters of a blessed book done in audio. It is by Reuben A. Torrey, & the book is titled, "How To Pray." Do a search of Torrey's name, or click on the "Audio" sermons by author; go to names under "S-Z", & you'll find it under Torrey's name. Sorry I don't have a hyper-link here for you, for I am responding via cell. The Lord Christ Jesus bless you.

2010/1/31 5:02Profile
live4jc

Re:

There is a book called, 'When Children pray' that has many examples in it of times when kids prayed and God answered their prayers. I haven't read the book all the way through, so I can't comment on the book as a whole. But I do recall that reading through the stories about how God worked through prayer in these kids' lives, was inspirational to me, and I believe it would be for kids as well.

In Jesus,
John

2010/1/31 13:57Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

If you depend on a method you will quickly have it become a rite, a ritual. Praying is speaking with/to God. Since this is the case one would do well to teach the child to say what is on his/her mind, just as though he would be visiting with a human being. This is the essence of prayer. The sooner the child learns this the better off all will be, including the parent. So save your money and take them out for a Dairy Queen ice cream treat!

ginnyrose

2010/1/31 18:35Profile
oboy

China

Re: Teaching children to pray messages?

There's lots of great stuff out there for adults, and an increasing number of books for children, but I'm looking specifically for AUDIO that teaches a parent how to teach a child how to pray.

Thanks,
Stephen

2010/2/1 0:14Profile
SHMILY

Northern Idaho

Re:

ginnyrose gave great advice. Better than books or audio.

I would add show them how ~ pray with them. They will model you. You pray a sentence or two, then they pray a sentence or two, and you .... back and forth. Not long winded.

How's your prayer life?
REJOICE! =)

2010/2/1 1:33Profile
oboy

China

Re:

Sorry for the delay in getting back here.

We already model prayer for our children, and they pray, but we want to lead them into more truths about prayer and help them develop dynamic prayer lives in intercession for the nations.

Guess no one knows of any messages here.

Thanks for the help, though.

oboy

2010/2/4 23:29Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy