SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Grace to you and peace...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Trevino

Las Cruces, New Mexico

Grace to you and peace...

"Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ." -Romans 1:7

This passage has been such a sweet meditation today. It's overwhelming that the Thrice Holy God, who is of purer eyes than to even see evil, would lavish His grace upon me before the ages began and say to me, "Grace to you." What? Grace to me...one so vile and unclean? From Him? I'm underserving, ill-deserving, and hell-deserving, and yet the God of the heavens condescends and says to me, "Grace to you."

These words ought to make us tremble. How tragic it is that we look over these greetings from the Most High God in the New Testament and treat them as something "common." This is not common. This is holy ground that we're treading on. We who are God-haters from the womb have received "grace upon grace" from the High and Lofty One who inhabits eternity. Sermonindex friends, let us thank the Lord for His grace. Whenever we come across these greetings in the New Testament, let us stop to ponder in wonder at such an amazing picture. Here are the hands of the Divine Majesty being stretched out to us who are so black and vile, and in one hand there is grace instead of wrath, and in the other hand there is peace instead of enmity. He then utters the words, "Grace to you and peace."

2010/1/30 17:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy