SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Gospel Preaching - Hopeless?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Gospel Preaching - Hopeless?

Quote:
If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto me.
John 12:32

We cannot argue with Scripture; could it be perhaps that Jesus is not being lifted up?

Quote:
How do you know it's time to give up on a group of people and move on?

Brother, you have asked this question before. You are still looking to the outside for answers to your questions. I humbly dare you to stop putting the blame on the listeners and start putting it on you.

Take a sabbatical from any form of sharing the word for about six months seeking the Father through Jesus about revealing the contents of your heart to you; [b]how does God view you?[/b] He will show you with much love but for the sake of those you minister to, please do this.

2010/1/31 11:48Profile
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

there is no frustration in love. If we go and preach the gospel, first we must do it God's way. I mean by that we must go not as a bride goes but we must also have the groom. Talking spiritual , but will explain. The bible says the Spirit and the bride say come.

The gospel is not for results only, it is a testimony to the world that Jesus was calling and knocking on the door of hearts. Someone said to me I read your posts and all I see is that no people comment.

I do not love in order to get something in return. I also don't plant money seed to get much money back. That isn't love, that is selfishness to get something for me. We are told in Isa. freely you have received freely give.

I hope you see me as helping you, I am not criticising. I felt the way you do several years ago.

if we go fishing we may say, I'm going for a bass today. We may only go home with a bream fish. or a crappie fish. If you eat those other fish than the bass, you still know you caught fish. When we go fishing for men we don't know what our catch will be for today.

Here is a testimony-- 34 years ago I went fishing for men. I was careful to do it God's way. I was not going to win them to a church but to Jesus. If they came to me I would personally show them the word of God myself and then they would be grounded in truth to protect them from deceivers.

One day I shared with a man and his 2 lady friends going into a store. It turned out they were all Christians. They invited me to their church. I had none at that time. The very same day a woman was also being invited to that church. We both were youth, and we were both invited to a hayride.

I went and felt good there, they preached the truth. Little by little the Lord drawed the girl and I together. we fell in love, and I married her. That was 34 years ago 2 weeks from today. I now have 2 sons 2 daughters 4 grandchildren. My wife's mother is still living. we talk about Jesus. All of these see Jesus in me.

This was a reward to me for being (--God's--) fisherman, I let Jesus do it through me. I have seen many miracles. I was just a jar of clay. May God's perfect ill be done through you I promise you , he alone is the comforter who will minister abundant grace if you do it his way. and for his glory. love.

2010/1/31 13:50Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: your will for God

Brother Anguish,

I fear I might have been too straightforward with you. I meant everything I said but perhaps I could have said it MORE with a grain of salt, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings or worse yet, discouraged you in the Lord.

There is truth in seeking God to see how He views you and what you are doing for Him.

Additionally, the Lord spoke years ago through my pastor, "[b]Are you doing 'God's will' for you or are you doing 'your will' for God?[/b]"

It's our motives brother. I do not know you nor do I know your motives, I only know what you post on here. If I have erroniously misjudged what you wrote, I apologize.

I only end with this... "Are doing "YOUR WILL" for God or are you doing GOD'S WILL for you?

God bless you,

2010/1/31 18:42Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Psalm 74

1 O God, why hast thou cast us off for ever? why doth thine anger smoke against the sheep of thy pasture?

2 Remember thy congregation, which thou hast purchased of old; the rod of thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed; this mount Zion, wherein thou hast dwelt.

3 Lift up thy feet unto the perpetual desolations; even all that the enemy hath done wickedly in the sanctuary.

4 Thine enemies roar in the midst of thy congregations; they set up their ensigns for signs.

5 A man was famous according as he had lifted up axes upon the thick trees.

6 But now they break down the carved work thereof at once with axes and hammers.

7 They have cast fire into thy sanctuary, they have defiled by casting down the dwelling place of thy name to the ground.

8 They said in their hearts, Let us destroy them together: they have burned up all the synagogues of God in the land.

9 We see not our signs: there is no more any prophet: neither is there among us any that knoweth how long.

10 O God, how long shall the adversary reproach? shall the enemy blaspheme thy name for ever?

11 Why withdrawest thou thy hand, even thy right hand? pluck it out of thy bosom.

12 For God is my King of old, working salvation in the midst of the earth.

13 Thou didst divide the sea by thy strength: thou brakest the heads of the dragons in the waters.

14 Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.

15 Thou didst cleave the fountain and the flood: thou driedst up mighty rivers.

16 The day is thine, the night also is thine: thou hast prepared the light and the sun.

17 Thou hast set all the borders of the earth: thou hast made summer and winter.

18 Remember this, that the enemy hath reproached, O LORD, and that the foolish people have blasphemed thy name.

19 O deliver not the soul of thy turtledove unto the multitude of the wicked: forget not the congregation of thy poor for ever.

20 Have respect unto the covenant: for the dark places of the earth are full of the habitations of cruelty.

21 O let not the oppressed return ashamed: let the poor and needy praise thy name.

22 Arise, O God, plead thine own cause: remember how the foolish man reproacheth thee daily.

23 Forget not the voice of thine enemies: the tumult of those that rise up against thee increaseth continually.

In the words of David Legge, "It is a time to cry."

And in the words of Ravenhill, "Try Tears."

Other than that I am praying for you.

2010/1/31 22:26Profile
IWantAnguish

VCU @ Richmond, VA

Re:

Typed a long response, but internet farted.

I'll take that as a sign to keep my mouth shut.

Thanks for all your replies.

2010/2/2 4:39Profile
jimp

Re:

hi,in 45 years i have found my testimony w/o glorifying the before part to be what God used the best.jimp

2010/2/2 9:28Profile

I think different methods should be used.

There is a saying that goes something like this.

"The closer a person is to you. You need to change the person with actions. The farther apart they are to you, you change people with words"

I have a friend with a brother that is not saved. And he can reason with the guy for days but it won't affect him. But a change in his lifestyle or a change in his actions speaks volumes.

It is an uphill battle in the world we live in.

I'm not sure if we're called to change them. I think we're simply there to spread the word.

2010/2/15 20:20

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy