SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anatomy of Deception-The Faithfulness of God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
narrowway

Anatomy of Deception-The Faithfulness of God

The following is an experience I had concerning Morningstar, in 2008. It caused some very real changes to take place within me, as I realized the hard way I was asleep at the helm. Our God will do whatever it takes to refine us into being His legitimate sons/daughters. I need to add that I had quit reading any material from Rick Joyner some six years prior, as the overall tone was increasingly Gnostic. But I was not well informed about NAR, (New Apostolic Reformation) nor was I aware of the philosophy that compels them.

In April of 2008, before I had seen any sort of video from Lakeland, a friend of ours sent us a link to Rick Joyner’s Morningstar ministries as it said there appeared to be a revival going on. As I viewed the video, my first response was, “this is great! At last there is revival happening there.” I passed the link on to some friends of mine. What I did not do was go into some serious prayer time, ask the Lord if this was of Him, and undergo the appropriate research that would help establish the fact that what was actually happening was in truth a revival brought about through the move of God’s Holy Spirit. I acted quite presumptuously, and what followed was a lesson that I hope never to repeat.

All of us that are born of God’s spirit have a full time job in the continuance of being transformed by His Word, through the guidance of His Holy Spirit. Romans 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

What Paul is admonishing us to do is not a one time event, but the ongoing process of sanctification in the life of a believer. But we are always free to act upon our own thoughts; and as we evaluate and decide what to do with the general input of the world into our minds through media of all sorts, as believers, we are always admonished to be …bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, 2Corinthians 10:5 As I superficially assayed the “revival” at Morningstar, I had decided in my mind that this was a good thing of God, after all, they appeared to be experiencing His weighty presence.

That night, after prayer, I was about to be asleep and detected God’s spirit in a most pronounced way, as if an extra helping of peace had just been afforded to me. I felt as if a blanket was being pulled up over me, clear up to my neck. I knew the presence of the Lord was there, and I felt quite secure. As I prayed, I was wondering why this was happening, as it felt like a covering of protection…but I had no idea from what. I did not receive any answer concerning it as I prayed, but I fell asleep at peace. The next morning, I went to talk to my husband at his desk, and we immediately got into a confrontation, that I started. I seemed to be paranoid and on the edge concerning issues in our life, (and this had nothing to do with hormones or low blood sugar before breakfast) but I was not dealing with it from a place of walking in the Spirit. Later, I went into my room and cried over the feeling of paranoia and oppression that had fallen over me. I tried to pray, to worship, to do all that I knew was true and right before the Lord, but felt like there was a brick wall before me that I could not get around. This continued for several days…my life and walk in the Spirit before God seem to have “shut down,” and I could not regain my peace. I cried several times a day, and told the Lord that I cannot live this way, and cannot continue on the way I was, and if He had somehow “put me on the shelf for good” then I could not live like this, so please just take me home. I had no idea why I was experiencing such despair. My husband and I had another confrontation a day later, and it was the worst one ever, as I questioned whether or not our marriage was going to survive. Sometime that week, a friend of his sent us a link for a youtube.com presentation of Patricia King, Bob Jones, and Todd Bentley. She said she was quite disturbed by what she saw…and said it truly is a sign of the times, with the open new-age practices and plain and simple witchcraft. I watched the video myself, and knew full well why she was upset. It was true…it was a mockery of God’s Holy Spirit and certainly not, by any stretch of the imagination…a “quick and easy way to the third heaven” as Bob Jones and TB were conveying. I knew I was watching no more than a barrage of deception and new-age hype.

I knew without any doubt whatsoever why I had fallen into such despair and could not find my connection, my peace, with the Lord. I immediately went back to my room and onto to my knees, and repented of what I had done, what I had let in. I had opened myself up…in my mind, …to this “deceiving spirit” that was operating in Morningstar. This “spirit” that was reported to be connected to the “Lakeland revival.” As I got before God, I was freed of the despair and loss of connection, and loss of my peace, in my walk with Him. I felt like I needed a shower…first spiritual and mental, and then I took one. I felt like I was washing off sewage.

A little while past this experience, I still had some questions in my mind and heart about just what actually happened to me during that time of “disconnection.” I have struggled with it over these past months, because I knew there was something still that was not clear to me, something I could not define but needed to. I know God honors our desire for clarity and understanding. (I was not losing sleep over it, as I had total peace about the repenting…there was something else though that I needed to understand.) What I needed to understand was clarified for me just at the beginning of the year, which coincided with reading The Latent Power of the Soul by Watchman Nee. (It reads as if it was written just this past year, and acted as a confirmation, and an enhancement, of what I have written on the subject myself.) What finally came into focus concerning that difficult time after opening myself up to that so-called “revival spirit” is this: being “covered” by what I perceived to be a sort of blanket was God’s protection, although hindrance, over me.

Psalm 119:75 I know, O LORD, that Your judgments are right, And that in faithfulness You have afflicted me. 76 Let, I pray, Your merciful kindness be for my comfort, According to Your word to Your servant.

God does things always for our own good if we truly belong to Him, so as frustrating and hurtful as the experience was, it confirmed once again to me that He is jealous over us…and is very serious when He says that we are to pursue holiness, without which no one will see the Lord. Heb. 12 :11 He was saying to me that He could not accept, at His table, what I had attempted to bring before Him…the “revival spirit” was not HIS Spirit, and He could not accept it in my life, and I could not expect Him to bless what I was seeking to bring before Him. It was not clean. 1 Corinth. 10:21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons; you cannot partake of the Lord’s table and of the table of demons. That Spirit that was born within me, the Spirit that dwells within me….Romans 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His. …was not in accord with what I had believed in my mind. I was in effect ascribing a work of the flesh to God’s spirit, which was a deception. The two are not compatible, for what I was really seeing was a sham, a sensuous counterfeit, a spirit that many the world over will embrace as part of the global outpouring of the so called “Christ-consciousness,” that is being heralded as the great unifying power ultimately bringing all faiths together in the coming new world order.

I had been involved with new-age practices many years ago, some of which mimic the power and “presence of God.” I have been appalled to see that very thing within so called “Christian movements.” Those few short days were a quick reminder that I needed to be on my guard, and examine everything. (HE was the one that was faithful!) How amazing it is that those who were doing just that and attempting to bring attention to the aberrant display on the stage of Lakeland were called trouble makers, fault finders, and those who “opposed the work of the Spirit.”

The true glory of God is never separate from His holiness.

2010/1/26 12:13Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Anatomy of Deception-The Faithfulness of God

Quote:
The true glory of God is never separate from His holiness.

And so it is also in his children!

Loved your testimony.

Narroway, your testimony is inspiring in that it proves once again that if we are His, the Holy Spirit will work to get us back on track when we wander off..

God bless you and thanks so much for sharing...

ginnyrose

2010/1/26 18:27Profile

I hope and pray that God will bless you and keep you in His perfect will. When eyes are opened, it is humbling to us but glorifying to God. If we truly seek Him, He is faithful. I have found this and dare say that I will again as we live in very complicated times. It takes real courage to do what you have done here and I know that God will work out all things for the good of those of us who strive to know His truth in sincere abandonment to Him.

2010/1/26 20:35
wayneman

Michigan

Thanks for the testimony. I'm glad you got out of it as quickly as you did. A lot of people crash and burn before they realize they have "given heed to deducing spirits." I was in that movement for over a year, and would have gotten out of it a lot sooner if I had been listening to the Holy Spirit instead of just believing what I wanted to believe. I learned the hard way how important it is to "try the spirits."

2010/1/26 20:37Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy