SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : passion of Jesus or for Jesus.???

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

passion of Jesus or for Jesus.???

the answer is both. first Jesus--- He has a passion. His work is not finished. He has gone to the cross and his work on earth is finished. He is seated with the father in heaven. Heb. 7:25 Jesus now liveth to make intersession to the father for us. He is our great high priest. The work of the cross is finished but the souls of the people are still in need of his mercy and love.

Many have had the idea that God is just sitting up there looking down and watching. They think God has forgotten them. That he's not supposed to be involved. He's is looked upon as a God who doesn't do that anymore.

He is not welcome where he personally cannot come in-- do you hear me??? I will explain. If he is just sitting up there, how could you say Jesus your welcome to come in down here. That is where you are recognising that you think he can't come in here--he's up there.

Rev.3:20 behold I stand at the door and knock. Wait a minute if he is sitting up there, how could he be knocking on a door??? Now your asking the right question. You are beginning to see he is omnipresent-- everywhere at one time. (Theology becomes useful here.) see he is in heaven on the throne and on earth. But how does he do that???

He tells us in Jn.16:7 In my words to clarify for you. I'm going to go and sit on the throne. I am going to send my Spirit-- (more Theology here)---- in Phil. 1:19 where it says the Spirit of Jesus Christ, you can see he said he would go away and sit on the throne. So you know where he is --seated in heaven.

So if he is seated, and he is sending something, then you can say there are 2 things. amen, there has to be someone occupying the throne and someone else he has sent. The reason it is called the Spirit of Christ is because the Holy Spirit and Jesus as well as the father God are one--there is only one God. But God is able to manifest himself in 3 personalities-not persons.

so the Holy Spirit would then be a distinct essence of God as well as be the Spirit of Christ. They are united. Yet because he is omnipresent (God and different than us) he can be two places at once.

Now suppose that he were to come and knock on a door. Rev.3:20, The door he is talking about is your heart-- it is a symbolism. It is not made of wood but I tell you it can be hard as a door. A hard heart will not allow Jesus to enter.our life. A hard heart loves the world to much to want a God who one thinks is just sitting up there on a throne, or doesn't exist at all.

By now you may have asked ,how does this have anything to do with passion??? ahhh you have asked the right question. it is everything. Remember I said sup with us??? Rev.3:20 After the door is open he comes in. Then if we have the priviledge of him sitting at the table with us, we will partake of the supper that satisfies us. sup is short for supper. And believe you me ,you will have a passion for more. Matt. 4:4 Jesus told the devil, man does not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

If Jesus is knocking on the door of your heart, then you know he is with you. Jn.14:17 read this passage then you will see that it's not talking about receiving Jesus as much as it is saying receiveing the Spirit of truth. But then again it is the Spirit of Christ.

But if he is at the door knocking then he is with you. You say when you get saved I receive Jesus as my savior, but that is acknowledging he is God and you want to apply to your life his salvation. This is also the work of the Holy Spirit. You read the bible now but don't understand it. The preacher tells you things, people also. But you just don't seem to be able to apply it to your life.

You may go play basketball with Christians, but that doesn't satisfy you spiritually. You know that everybody can play basketball but not know Jesus. So to satisfy this passion, a picture here,---- you have to pick up the stones that are fallen to the ground and put them on their legs and sit at the table-- This is in my mother in laws yard, but they are a picture for you to see that the Holy Spirit when he is in you will give you a hunger and passion for more and more of the things of God. He will feed you a supper every day, you won't even have to go look for it ,he will be there to come to you to satisfy your life. Jn.14:17 he will be in you just as he is in heaven at the same time. literally.

How do you get this may I ask. you have to ask him to come in when he knocks on the door. I promise you if you have accepted this message your heart is not to hard. prayer Jesus (this prayer is for whether you are saved or not) I receive you---or have received you--- You are with me now, I ask that you would come into me through that open door of my heart and fill me with your Holy Spirit. I know now that you are with me but I want you to come in to supper with me. I would like to know in a real and lifelike way that you have so I must show my faith that you have I must believe that you will, then I can start speaking in tongues, by opening my mouth and allowing sounds to come out. It sort of resembles you trying to talk in another lanquage but you do not know the words so you seem to be making them up. If you have believing faith this will happen.

You now know that you need a teacher, because you will find many saying to you that is not of God. But you are the one who has opened the door that others will not open. Read Jn.14:17 again, it says the world cannot receive him for they cannot see him. I am available for your service and teacher. view my profile. I love Jesus for real he is not just a religion to me ,he is my best friend. He has given me eternal life. now not just in heaven. love brodav9.

2010/1/24 9:15Profile
brodav9

Sylacauga Alabama

Re: passion of Jesus or for Jesus.???

I would like to show you what I mean by supper at the table with Jesus. A long time ago Jesus knocked on the door of my heart. He did a wonderful thing-- Ps.118:19 the food at the table was a righteous food. He opened up a door for me now that I opened the door for him. A door supplies the understanding that a way is opened. We open the way up for him and then he opens the way up to God in true reality. These are not earthly things. they are given to us, they are called riches in glory. Phil. 4:19 yes it says supply needs but that is only part, it says according to his riches in glory.

Song of Solomon-- a very spiritual book is only for true hungry Christians it can only be understood by the Spirit. see ch.5:2 there is the pricipal in Rev.3:20

in Song 5:2 the poetical shows that it is a spiritual statement. the head filled with dew is the water of life, this is for the thirsty and hungry person who sits at the table and sups. Ps.110:3 If you read carefully you will notice that the dew of youth couldn't be water from heaven. Youth is when you first come and open the door to Jesus, O.T. it would mean to God. You first started eating and then got blessed for the young time of your salvation and partook of the living waters of God's feeding you by his word by the Spirit. that was the dew. Rain is different.

dew the milk of the word comes in our youth of being a Christian. If you are growing there will be a time of rain, meat. Instead of milk as a baby or young Christian, dew of youth, You will receive rain ,the meat. If you cannot eat meat you will spit it out and stay on milk.

How can you tell??? You will say things like I don't understand and cast what is said aside, you haven't rejected it but don't feel ready for it yet. If you are not eating it because it convicts you of sin or pricks your heart in some way, like a thorn you will also spit it out. That is a rebelious baby Christian. A Christian who still needs the mama of mature Christians love by their prayers first.

For more reading see Song 5:2,4-6 I believe the Lord will help you see these hidden things as you pray and seek him. every Christian must experience these things or they will never grow past babyhood and have to lean on others, hopefully not on others who teach unsound biblical teaching and error. I send you invitation to come to the table also--why??? Rev.22:17 The Spirit and the bride say come to drink, I am the bride (church)Jesus is the groom (Spirit). I take no credit for this message, for I just wrote what I was told as I was sitting here at the table supping with Jesus. I didn't study at all I admit I knew some things others I did not. God bless in Jesus name.

2010/1/24 12:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy