SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Avatar

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

Quote:
Make it simple guys- If a movie or tv show contains any form of blasphemy, even once, don't financially support it or watch it.

Can I ask you what do you mean when you say if it contains any form of blasphemy? Are you talking about if they use the Lords name in a profane way?

God Bless
mj

2010/1/25 12:04Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Avatar

Also jlosinski I think christians would be better off getting rid of all of it and using that time to further the kingdom. However you are the head of the household and able to make that call. I am in a position that I would have to sit in the bedroom all the time to not see it at all since my husband doesn't want to give it up. I think he is getting close though because he watches almost all the weather channel and sport. However the commercials are all vulgar. It is tough being submissive and still standing your ground to set no wicked thing before your eyes. My husband tries to "humor" me and I am greatful for that. But it seems I have to pick my battles. One day God will change all that and we will be in perfect agreement and I won't be the one to yield ground.

2010/1/25 12:14Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
The trouble I have is I am the only one really walking with the Lord in my family. I really hate TV, movies and most anything but the puter and reading. However God has given me a husband that wants me to go with him places. I refuse just about everything with regards to movies because I just can't watch them, but I was assured by family it was a good OK for a christian to go to movie, not. I have been living this way for 33 years now. I am the constant wet blanket to everybody, and I am Ok with that. But it would seem as a wife you can't say no to everything. He tries to make it OK for me, but I am so.... picky. I am very sensitive to the spirit of what is being projected. I can't stand todays comedy. It is all trash to me. I have grown weary a bit of walking this, but I will not give into discouragment. I hope you will all pray that someday I will be equally yoked and it won't be me that changes. We were both unsaved when we got married 38 years ago. It is tough. So if any of you fellow believers are considering marrying someone unsaved, don't. I love my husband with all my heart, but him being a follower of Christ would be so... wonderful.

Goldminer: I will pray for your husband. You are not in an easy place I know. But I am sure you have experienced God's grace in this place to allow you to truly love your husband in word and in deed. Lean on God. The difficult part may be sorting out where you can go with him, and where you cannot. If it is a matter of conscience, I would lovingly not go. If it is simply a matter of preference, I would go with him. You have the greatest ability of anyone to win Him to Christ. I have read many people's opinion of how one spouse should react to another who is not born again, and I am still not sure how I would behave were I in that situation. I will pray for you now. May God give you wisdom and love in each situation you deal with.

Travis

2010/1/25 16:51Profile

Re:

Quote:
And now I am beginning to wonder about the time I spend on FaceBook...

I am beginning to wonder that as well. My Sister drew me in because she needed to build a barn in "Farmville" to which I agreed. I have been going in there to tend my garden other gardens and it's getting to be time consuming. I was thinking about how much time I spend online and how much I spend in devotions, the gap is pretty wide. I can't get rid of the Internet, it's become like the phone you need to have it. But I want to discipline myself (by His grace) to keep it under and have the LORD as much more important. I am currently looking into that. Those of you who have a balance in their lives with the Internet, I encourage you to please offer up some incense on my behalf.

Thanks

2010/1/25 18:23
Goldminer

Alabama

Thank you twayneb,

I have learned to walk in love and respect for my husband. And God's grace is sufficent. When I was 23 and first saved a lady told me she had been praying and believing for 18 years for her husband to be saved and I was horrified. Well my husband got saved at the same time I did 33 years ago and I am still praying he will truly make Jesus Lord of his life. He never reads the bible, won't go to church, and shows no outward signs of being saved. 18 years seems pretty short now. Ha. I have a feeling when He, God, gets finished with me He will do a quick work on my husband.

Thanks for praying, I really appreciate it.

2010/1/25 22:57Profile
JesusIsMyLrd

Iowa, USA

Re:

Quote:
by Goldminer on 2010/1/25 18:57:47

Thank you twayneb,

I have learned to walk in love and respect for my husband. And God's grace is sufficent. When I was 23 and first saved a lady told me she had been praying and believing for 18 years for her husband to be saved and I was horrified. Well my husband got saved at the same time I did 33 years ago and I am still praying he will truly make Jesus Lord of his life. He never reads the bible, won't go to church, and shows no outward signs of being saved. 18 years seems pretty short now. Ha. I have a feeling when He, God, gets finished with me He will do a quick work on my husband.

Thanks for praying, I really appreciate it.

God bless you sister! My aunt is in the same position... so i know some of what you're going through... I'll be praying for your husband!! May the Lord Jesus bless you richly for holding firm to the faith!!

2010/1/25 23:03Profile
hoohoou

Texas

I have to throw in my two cents on this. I don't believe that TV is inherently evil, just everything on it. Kind of joking, but most of what is on TV and in movies is not fit for Christians. I talk to a lot of older people at church who have all these great stories of God moving back in the "old days". They talk about things I've never seen God do like miracles, healings, and jericho marches. Well, then they say that it really wasn't that great because going to the movies was a sin, and watching tv was a sin, but now it's ok. Me thinks I see a corellation. We spend our time allowing the god of this world to entertain our minds, which we are commanded to seek God fully with, and then expect God to move. Uh?

2010/1/26 13:02Profile

My granddaughter, age 8, loves the movies, and I have accompanied her to several kids movies, from Nemo to the "Skweakwell"...[ chipmunks ] over the years. She also seems to be very sensitive to things of the Spirit, and she made a comment about Avatar last night.

I asked her if she had seen it. She said that it was "creepy"...[the half animal morphed aliens], and that she wasn't interested. Something about the publicity gave her a sense of evil. I thanked the Lord for giving her discernment, and the desire to please Him.

Overall, movies have entered the age of Sodom, and witchcraft and the occult, hedonism and base carnality, are displayed as virtues, and enviable. As evil and antichrist are abounding in these last days,they accurately reflect the mood of the age.

Avatar is projected to earn a BILLION dollars, and is the biggest gross seller ever, already.

Luke: 4

5. And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

6. And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

7. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

I don't think it's popularity is accidental. Logically, if aliens exist in a sin free world, as they have done forever, then God doesn't exist. There was never a Creation, nor a Creator; there is neither Heaven nor Hell, but a transcendent world where we just are, and we just "BE".

Satan would like us to believe that, for only in that world can he, or his surrogates, be honored and worshipped as a deliverer and Savior, or can base compassion and carnal love be elevated as noble.

2010/1/26 14:11
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

quote]My granddaughter, age 8, loves the movies, and I have accompanied her to several kids movies, from Nemo to the "Skweakwell"...[ chipmunks ] over the years. She also seems to be very sensitive to things of the Spirit,

Tom, it is a pleasure when you sense such discernment in your grandchild, is it not?

ginnyrose

2010/1/26 18:34Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

What I mean by blasphemy is what we hear every day, I really don't want to list all the examples that I've heard, basically using Gods or Jesus name in irreverent ways such as an expression of surprise, frustration, (enter emotion here)... Any use of His name with swear words, I've heard numerous professing christians use "oh my G-d" so often that the fleshly part of me wants to shout "What did you just say?" Romans 2:24 comes to mind.

I know that there are things that are personal convictions to others in Christ, but this is not one of them. If you are entertained by media that contains blasphemy, you are wrong. This is a no compromise issue, I can't think of any valid argument that one could offer to God as to why they thought it was ok to watch/listen/read that stuff.

2010/1/26 23:30Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy