SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : pray:er

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
skygazer

Rogers AR.

pray:er

I was told at one time that prayer changes the pray;er. How this rings true in the day that we live in now. I read the book by Leonard ravenhill, WHY REVIVAL TARRIES for the third time. This book will stir you like no other. The church is in trouble like never before. The only way that it will recover is for christians to start laying at the feet of JESUS and crying out for the anointing to fall again. We have got to pull away from the world and fall in love with The ANOINTED ONE again. Saints we need to be praying like never before, but instead we find any other thing to take up our time instead. We need to repent and fall at HIS feet for forgiveness. Call on his name.

2010/1/23 15:17Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: pray:er

There is an urgent call for those who are His Body
to commit their hearts, minds, and lives for the
sake of the gospel and the cause of Christ !!

2010/1/23 15:41Profile
JoanM

Re: pray:er, infirmities and revival principles in the New Testament

EDIT: When I first posted this, after clicking submit, a window said [b] Error - The forum/topic you selected does not exist. Please go back and try again.[/b] My post was blank. I re-did the post so I am removing this one. They were quite similar as I tried to re-do the first.

The same thing happened with this edit! I got the same message BUT the reply WAS EDITED!!

Do not trust this message [b]Error - The forum/topic you selected does not exist. Please go back and try again.[/b] without checking the thread.

2010/1/23 16:35Profile
JoanM

Re: pray:er, infirmities and revival principles in the New Testament

Dear Brother

Here is some agreement with what you posted.

[u]From a Chambers devotional posted today[/u]: “The golden rule for your life and mine is this concentrated keeping of the life open towards God. Let everything else - work, clothes, food, everything on earth - go by the board, saving that one thing. The rush of other things always tends to obscure this concentration on God. We have to maintain ourselves in the place of beholding, …” [There is more there.]

[u]From Brother Ravenhill[/u]: “I can think of one thing when I get to the Judgment Bar and Jesus will look down and say, 'I had many things to tell you but you couldn't bear them.' We're too busy running our own lives: praying when you want to pray, eating what you want to eat, going where you want to go, spending what you want to spend, reading what you want to read, (Do you) call that a spiritual life? Brother, it is carnal as carnality

[u]From my study this past week of John 11 and prayer for revival[/u]: Reading John 11 slowly, we can sometimes see Lazarus (deadly sick, even dead as we see death) and Martha seeking Him on behalf of her brother with what faith she had. And Oh do you see there in John how he is touched by our infirmities, see how He has compassion and responds.

When we come to Him in prayer, He IS touched by our infirmities. He is touched by our INFIRMITIES. And they are so very, very, many in these days … “... This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.” When we come to Him, He is touched by our infirmities and there ARE revival principles in the New Testament as well as the Old. I think Brother Ravenhill knew these things and was strengthened. I know they humble and strengthen me.

Yes, I agree: “prayer changes the prayer” and “in the place of beholding,” we are maintained in our beholding.

2010/1/23 18:11Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Here are a few quotes on prayers that I found to be really encouraging. When ever there were trails that come up I use to always say, "all we can do is pray," as if it were a last resort. Now I realize that the best and most effective course of action to seek first in any situation is to pray!
God Bless
mj

You can do more than pray, after you have prayed, but you can never do more than pray until you have prayed.
A. J. Gordon

Where there is much prayer, there will be much of the Spirit; where there is much of the Spirit, there will be ever-increasing prayer.
Andrew Murray

In prayer, it is better to have heart without words, than words without heart. Prayer will make a man cease from sin, or sin entice a man to cease from prayer. The spirit of prayer is more precious than treasures of gold and silver. Pray often, for prayer is a shield to the soul, a sacrifice to God, and a scourge for Satan.
John Bunyan

Each time, before you intercede, be quiet first, and worship God in His glory. Think of what He can do, and how He delights to hear the prayers of His redeemed people. Think of your place and privilege in Christ, and expect great things!
Andrew Murray

“If we think of prayer as the breath in our lungs and the blood from our hearts, we think rightly. The blood flows ceaselessly, and breathing continues ceaselessly; we are not conscious of it, but it is always going on. Prayer is not an exercise, it is the life.” (O. Chambers)

2010/1/23 18:23Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy