Discussion Forum : General Topics : HELP NEEDED: Digitizing Tapes

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 HELP NEEDED: Digitizing Tapes

Saints,

I am trying to delegate alot of tasks on sermonindex.net that have not been done in a long time. I have a long backlog of tapes that need to be digitized into mp3 format.

Are there any saints out there that have a basic knowledge of how to do this and a willingness to take on 50-100 tapes?

2010/1/22 11:53Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: HELP NEEDED: Digitizing Tapes

I feel bad nobody has answered. Unfortunately I have no knowledge. But I will be praying some folks will step up and help you.

God bless you for this great site.

2010/1/22 16:19Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Because of Google, I now have a basic working knowledge. Not sure if I have any cassette players left anywhere but I might be able to find one around town somewhere. Do you have a time constraint that it has to be done in? And does it require a real nice sound card because my PC only has on-board sound so it is not top notch stuff.

Basically, I am willing :) just not sure If I have the required tools.

2010/1/22 17:42Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

I am basically looking for someone that is already doing it sometimes so they are already setup for it and can do it reasonably well.

2010/1/22 17:56Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Gotcha, sorry I could not be more help.

2010/1/22 17:59Profile
trxx

ON Canada

Anyone with a computer sound card and cassette player can record and convert tapes to mp3 or wave files. All that is needed is a line that has two phono plugs at one end for the cassette outputs (left & right) and a mini plug at the other end to plug into the sound card. These are readily available at any computer/stereo store under $20.00. Audacity is a free recording program available at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/ You will also need Lame (I've got the lame-3.96.1 version) for the Audacity to convert the recorded files to mp3 or wave files. Lame is available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/lame/files/

I would be willing to help.

2010/1/22 18:07Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy