SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What dose this mean?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

What dose this mean?

What is carnal sympathy ? Is this term found
in the Bible?

God bless
mj

2010/1/21 2:52Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: What dose this mean?

I've never heard of it. Did you try a google search?

2010/1/21 6:42Profile
beatenpath

selfish motives for having sympothy for others or acting the part to have sympothy for another but don't really mean it maybe? the story of king herod comes to mind when he wanted to kill baby Jesus. hope that helps. i do spot it in church from time to time *so i think i do*.

2010/1/21 6:52Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

It could also have the idea of being in sympathy with the carnal. We've all seen how some will stand against sin until it is some family member or close friend who may be involved in it and then it seems to be "ok" or not as bad as it is in others. May we remember that sin is sin regardless of who is involved.

2010/1/21 8:15Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

I found this quote on a yahoo seach:

We must not allow carnal sympathy for the human race (which is really sympathy for ourselves) to 'in fact' challenge the righteousness and goodness of God. Certainly, part of "the cross" we bear is in believing in favor of God's justice against the human race, for which we will definitely be persecuted by outraged mankind.

Here is the full link:

http://www.apostasynow.com/topics/trib/pretrib06.html

2010/1/21 9:26Profile

"What is carnal sympathy"

It sounds like trying to offer spiritual sympathy on a carnal level. For example, trying to understand someones sin when all they need to do is repent of it.

This is just a shot in the dark opinion.

2010/1/21 10:25

Re:

Sounds to me like humanism. I suggest a listen to "Ten Shekals and a shirt." .............Frank

2010/1/21 10:43
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings
thank you for the responses. I will be prayerfully considering all of this. Still not sure what this was suppose to mean when it was said to me. I was sharing with a family member about my mom who has been sick. She is going in for more surgery soon and will have a long recovery. My mom lives across the country from me and she is not saved. When I mentioned that I wish she would not have to go into surgery alone because she is older and afraid, this family member warned me to be careful and not get caught up in carnal sympathy for my mom?

God Bless
mj

Edit: I spent some time reading over a teaching that was given to me on this matter about physical family. Not sure I am understanding all that the Lord has for me, some seems extreme but that may just be my flesh. If I understand carnal sympathy its about loving them enough to speak truth to them about their sin and not getting caught up in the fact that they are family members. In my case I am not to get caught up emotionally that its my mom or feed into her need to be comforted, that would be carnal sympathy on my part and that would be sin.
I just feel like I am on overload and not really sure how to handle this situation(sigh)

2010/1/21 12:08Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re:

Oh MJ,

God does want you to have mercy and compassion on your mother. Jesus was always moved with compassion and love. We would all be dirt if he hadn't.

But you have a responsibility to make the gospel of the kingdom known to your mother. To do all you can to give her the opportunity to repent and follow Jesus with whatever time she has left in her life. We are only responsible to share the word, what they do with it is between them and God.

I had to do this several time. Both my mother and last ather gave their lives to the Lord after I shared with them. Unfortunately I never saw much progess after that.

My dad who I never really knew but fleeting glimpses of, ecieved letters from me sharing the gospel with him. I don't know if he ever gave his heart to the Lord before he died, but I hope so.

My mother's second husband accepted the Lord on his death bed as a friend and I ministered to him. Even in a comma they can hear us at times. Do all you can to assure you will see her in heaven.

I join you in prayer.

2010/1/21 16:33Profile

Re:

HI Maryjane,

Now that you explained about your mom, I think that whoever said that was simply wrong in their use of that phrase in the context of your situation. God can and does use circumstance to get us where He wants us, and we can know and understand this, but that does not mean that we would divorce our feelings from our loved ones. My family live in Scotland and I in Kansas and many times over the years there has been illnesses where I longed to be with them to simply comfort the one's that I love. Even just the touch of a hand and our very presence can bring comfort and blessing. To suggest that this would be sin is just plain silly. Often times it is our persistent love that draws loved ones to Christ..........Frank

2010/1/21 18:05

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy