Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Neil T. Anderson

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Neil T. Anderson

I just wanted to hear anything positive somebody could say about him for me, nothing negative, on his teachings. I have just bought his book called the bondage breaker and it is very good, it is a lot better than most deliverance ideas i think. Please let me know what you think if you have an idea who he is.

2010/1/21 1:39Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Neil T. Anderson

Mark Greening preached a message on spiritual warfare and he told me personally he used to use Neil T. Anderson's book alot and was actually oppressed by the devil while doing that.

But he said the "freedom" in christ section is tremendous except for some of the prayers of renunciation.

[b]Resist The Devil by Mark Greening[/b]
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=18537&commentView=itemComments]http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=18537&commentView=itemComments[/url]

2010/1/21 8:18Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

was he oppressed because their was something wrong about it or because he was trying to rid himself of demonic oppresion at the time. Thanks Greg I really appreciate it.

2010/1/21 18:30Profile
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

Hi bible4life

You might be getting more feedback if you hadn't specified "positive" feedback. I read BB years ago and can,t remember anything except the serpent-demon who bit Anderson while he was eating Fruit Loops. But a good friend of mine (who always had an excessive interest in demonology) read that book and flipped his lid. He developed a new doctrine that Christians have no sinful nature; we sin because of demons. So he started putting people thru Anderson's deliverance Process to cast out the devils that caused them to sin. Our friendship strained and then broke because I told him there was no biblical basis for getting victory over sin by confronting evil spirits and that I would have nothing to do with it. People who underwent the Process felt great for a week or two and then slid right back to where they were. This was in the wild days when we were into the prophetic movement. My friend eventually renounced diabology and took up liberal theology.

Well, that's not positive, but it is feedback, so it's half what you asked for. :)

2010/1/21 19:20Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

well see i like the book a lot and i have been struggling for the last 2 years and the book has given me a shed of hope i gues you can say and i don't want to be discouraged, i guess through my calling out and crying out to Christ for actually over 2 years in a way i just feel like i have given up on the whole possibility that he is going to come and do anything like i thougght he was, i can't even have faith and i am now even doubting Gods existence because of the enemy having such a stronghold, i guess i am real desperate.

2010/1/21 23:05Profile
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

I wish I could be more helpful, but I've been in the wilderness myself for years. My friend was in the same condition when he read BB. He seized upon it like a drowning man to a life preserver. He even strapped it to his Bible and carried it with him everywhere. My friend's temporary madness fastened itself to this book. So it's hard for me not to conflate the two. But maybe he just misunderstood Anderson. Maybe BB will help you toward the spiritual breakthrough you've
been looking for. (That's what I'm looking for, too: a breakthrough.) You might e-mail Anderson. Maybe he'll write back.

2010/1/21 23:42Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

brother did he ever find a breakthrough, or to put it better did the Lord Jesus come to save the day. Who exactly should i email and what is the email.

2010/1/22 0:05Profile
wayneman

Michigan

Re:

The last time I talked to this brother he had given up on a breakthrough and collapsed into liberal theology - all religions lead to God, all beliefs are equally valid, the only error is certainty...you know, liberal theology.

As far as contacting Anderson, you can google for his website and get contact info. I'd do it myself but my mobile connection is super-slow tonight and it's past bedtime. God bless.

2010/1/22 0:40Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

thanks man

2010/1/22 2:01Profile

Re: Neil T. Anderson

Hi wayneman,

What do you mean 'breakthrough' from being in the wilderness?

What is it that the wilderness experience did for the Hebrews, and how did they get out of it?

2010/1/22 5:47

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy