SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : Enough "laughing"---consider the ministry of Evan Roberts

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Enough "laughing"---consider the ministry of Evan Roberts

i've just been pressed out all day long considering the "reformed revival" ministry of a poor deluded soul,we all knew who he was, and i was giggling at one of his video's and finally i had enough of the soul sickness and depravity of the human heart, and instead took Pauls Phil 4:8 admonition to heart.

I stumbled upon a book, "The Welsh Revival" copyright 1905.

Saints, go to page 48, the chapter on Evan Roberts, its about 18 pages long and its really a sort of interview, and i promise YOU WILL BE BLESSED, reading of this dear young man's heart.

Now we all know that God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Therefore it is entirely within the Heart of the Holy Spirit to reward the saints who cry out for His Waters to pour on the dry and thristy grounds.

Many precious children of God (all over the world)cry out night and day, revive us O LOrd, and to that He will be faithful, fore in Christ, there is only "Yes".

so read page 48 to 65 about Evan Roberts, and then contrast that with the "other guy"....and would be to God, one saint with the Burden of Christ upon him or her cry out "send me Lord, send me!"

[url=http://books.google.com/books?id=YpkpAAAAYAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=welsh+revival&num=100&ei=X6JXS-HoBIeUNdmvtIsN&cd=2#v=onepage&q=&f=false]The Welsh Revival -copyright 1905 (page 48 "Evan Roberts")[/url]

2010/1/20 21:41
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re: Enough "laughing"---consider the ministry of Evan Roberts

Bump

2010/1/20 23:24Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Thanks Neil...

This is one of the first books that I read (other than the Bible) a few months after I came to Christ. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

2010/1/21 1:40Profile
vasilef

ROMANIA

Re:

is it still available online? I can't read it.

2010/2/9 6:44Profile

vasilef (and Chris)

dear brother,
my prayers to the saints in Romania, may the Grace and Peace of God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.

Just go to my initial post and click on the underlined link, "The Welsh Revival". I was able to find it at Google Books. What Google has done is to go to many libararies and scan obscure out of print books, such as this, and present it online.

as my brother Chris said, the whole book is wonderful, i was enthralled with the part that starts at page 48, testifying about young Evan Roberts, whom God tasked with the burden of being a channel of Revival in Wales, its the only real "interview" i've read of Evan. One really gets to see Evan's heartspace in this revival, his humility before the Throne of God, rather some of the present so-called 'revivals', where men whose hands are unclean and hearts are filled with the poison of pride attempt to 'steady the Ark'. They would do well do "consider their ways" and to FEAR GOD, as many modern men who have played with the Deep Things of God, have been harshly disciplined by God, yet some dont repent. I dont only speak of those who "play revival" in childishness, i also speak of those leaders who fornicate with political systems, and THEN get exposed.

anyway, forgive me for prattling on. i pray you can be able to read that precious account of dear Evan's ministry and God's Gracious Move in Wales, 1904.

May He Who created us, be so gracious as to saturate Romania with His Holy Spirit in a God-breathed Revival!

Much love in Jesus, neil

ps...Chris! isnt that a wonderful interview? reading Evans responses......now that is a man of God to emulate, total humility...meek, not desiring any fleshly glory for himself , but giving ALL THE GLORY TO GOD!!...isnt that a powerful lesson for us?....but you have to be careful, when one prays either "bend me Lord", or as i did a few years back, "Break me O LORD, break me!"....and Glory! He's doing that right now to me, and while its necessary, it sure dont feel good, and it sure isnt fun.

2010/2/9 9:30
DBen

Western NY, USA

Re: vasilef (and Chris)

Quote:
"Break me O LORD, break me!"....and Glory! He's doing that right now to me, and while its necessary, it sure dont feel good, and it sure isnt fun.

Indeed. Lord bless you brother....

2010/2/9 10:57Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Thanks Neil for sharing the link to this book. This book looks like it would be worthwhile to read in its entirety. I downloaded it onto my hard drive so I can read it at my leisure.

Elsewhere in the book it describes the conditions of culture before revival set in. If I would not know better I would guess he is talking about this present era.

While we yearn for revival, we cannot make it happen for others but we can for ourselves. It is so easy to get lukewarm, so get methodical in our approach to life and the WORD. The soul is somewhere left wandering, not really involved. What is so precious is when you can just grieve about it and ask the LORD Jesus for assistance and how joyfully he will and he does not tarry ....like we are prone to do. Ah...the joy! It is all available IF we want it! YES!

Have a blessed day!
ginnyrose

2010/2/13 10:51Profile

Dearest Ginny

Beloved, i have to share a Wonderous dream i had the other night, and like a lot of dreams, as days go by, the details are like smoke, as it rises, it dissapates.

a very simple dream, yet so Heavenly..here goes:

I was in revival! not a "revival meeting", not one of those sad modern spectacles that cause so much confusion and diviseness among the elect....no, this Revival was SO SIMPLE. The Presence of Jesus was there, saturated the very atmosphere of the room, and all i could do, all i wanted to do was to WORSHIP Him, and i did, laying on my face.

and Jesus was there, and i cant even find the words to describe this utterly Divine Vistitation, except this pitiful attempt; imagine the Sweetest, Lovliest, Most Pure "thing" on this earth, and multiply it times million into a million, never ending, and that was His Presence.

I think, no, i know i was half awake, and i wanted to stay like this, just worshipping forever....then He directed my heart to family who dont know Him, and the vexations and denoms that trouble them. (i wont go into details)...and i started to rebuke the denoms in the Name of Jesus to leave my family alone, and this just stirred up all hell, the room i sleep in, instantly turned cold, freezing, and the neat thing was, i wasnt scared, just had a Holy anger against these ravages of the human soul, and shouted "In the Name of Jesus... GO!" ...and they were gone, and God gave me a "new song", which i started to sing.

i'm a terrible singer, but He gave me Words of Praise , in english, no glossolalia, OR xenolalia, and i was just lovingly belting out this "new song", i cant remember the words, but it was in Praise of the Lord, in Praise of the Name above all names...............and then i woke up, and prayed, "make it be so Lord, please".

You know Ginny, a few years back, 2003, i used to pray, "bend me O Lord"...or "break me O Lord"(after i first read of the Welsh revival)....and for the last 2 years He's been doing it;. and when its happening to you, this burnishing, this breaking, sometimes its not too fun, so i say, Saints, be careful what you pray for....you want Revival? You pray for it?

careful, God in His Sovereignity might just bless you with it, but True Revival isnt just having a Holy Ghost chill-bump gold dust, lets laugh like we're drunks good time...oh no.........its you and me getting BENDED, or broken into His Image of what He WANTS us to be, and that might be where we get so CRATERED in soul, convicted SO BAD of sin, that all we can do is to lay on our face and weep in distress of soul...a sifting process, and thats not too much fun while its happening, But Glory to God, Praise Jesus, He brings the breakthru.

anyway, i just HAD to testify, Lord love you today, tommorrow, forever, neil

2010/2/13 14:47

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy