SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do you "Plead the Blood" or "Apply the Blood"?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
theevangelist

United States Of America

Do you "Plead the Blood" or "Apply the Blood"?

Do you "Plead the Blood" or "Apply the Blood"? Many "Plead the Blood", but as Brother David Wilkerson once said, It isn't scriptural to "Plead the Blood. Just a thought. Type back soon. God Bless. Glory to God and the Lamb forever more!!!

The Evangelist

2004/10/6 11:25Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Do you "Plead the Blood" or "Apply the Blood"?

Quote:
Do you "Plead the Blood" or "Apply the Blood"? Many "Plead the Blood", but as Brother David Wilkerson once said, It isn't scriptural to "Plead the Blood. Just a thought. Type back soon. God Bless. Glory to God and the Lamb forever more!!!

I would highly recommend you read the book "the blood of Christ" (or some name like that) by Andrew Murray. It is probably one of the best volumes on this subject in detail in the last 50 years.

Here is a newer reprinting of it:
[url=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0764224689/qid=1097076806/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_4/102-0498329-0530546?v=glance&s=books]The Blood of Christ by Andrew Murray[/url]

2004/10/6 11:34Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

Hey Bro., I just bought that book this weekend but never had the time to check it out. But I most certainly will. Thanks.

The Evangelist

2004/10/6 11:36Profile
5nva

Re: Do you "Plead the Blood" or "Apply the Blood"?

Evangelist:

I have been thinking about posting this same question lately so I'm glad you did. I also have heard Pastor Wilkerson say the same thing. This is a very common phrase used in Pentocostal circles. I have heard it used many times but have always had a check in my spirit about it. I would really like to see what others have to say about this subject.

Mike

2004/10/6 11:37Profile
Crysddd

Re:

the blood of Jesus has to do with your relationship to God, not as a weapon of combat with the devil. nowhere does scripture teach to "plead the blood" as a tool against the adversary. the blood of Jesus is for atonement and remmission of sin. with his own blood Jesus entered in once into the Holy Place having obtained eternal redemption for us. the Blood is a cleanser of the soul and conscience. the blood is a means of covenant exchange between us and Christ. it is not a tool of defense against the adversary. however the name of Jesus is the weapon we were given to use in declaration against the adversary, and the sword of the spirit which is the word is the tools of our combat with the adversary. we therefore do not plead the blood against our enemy but command his defeat by the name of Jesus and by the word.

2004/10/6 12:28Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
the blood of Jesus has to do with your relationship to God, not as a weapon of combat with the devil. nowhere does scripture teach to "plead the blood" as a tool against the adversary. the blood of Jesus is for atonement and remmission of sin.

Indeed it does. "When I see the blood, I will pass over you." Linking to a another theme... the real issue is not us 'accepting Christ as our personal Saviour' but that the Father has 'accepted Him as my personal Saviour'. The 'Blood of Jesus' is not a magical phrase but a shorthand term for the 'life of the Son poured out in its entirely on the cross' to reconcile me to God.
The physical blood had no special merit; it did not convert those who shed it.

2004/10/6 13:20Profile
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

I agree with you, but I honestly do not believe it is a life and death issue. I can tell you one thing from experience, the enemy of our souls fears the blood of the Lamb. I have had to hold onto the Blood of Jesus in times of intense demonic attack, and I do not mean a headache, and it has never failed. I speak not so much from a theological viewpoint, but an experiential one, and I can tell you, in a moment of confrontation between the children of God and demonic forces, exact terms such as plead or apply etc... become irrelevant. what is relevant is that Jesus Christ is your defense, be it the Blood or the Name - after all the enemy was defeated, triumphed over, and made a public spectacle of by the blood/the cross - Colossians 2:15. Do not be so caught up and worried about terms. When you are in the heat of battle, grammar is hardly an issue. The issue is are you a man of God, or are you a son of Sceva - just my view.
God Bless,

Jeff

2004/10/6 13:22Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

Crysddd wrote:
nowhere does scripture teach to "plead the blood" as a tool against the adversary. the blood of Jesus is for atonement and remmission of sin.

Does this also include overcoming as is used in

Rev 12:11: They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.

Overcome in greek means :

1) to conquer

a) to carry off the victory, come off victorious

1) of Christ, victorious over all His foes

2) of Christians, that hold fast their faith even unto death against the power of their foes, and temptations and persecutions

3) when one is arraigned or goes to law, to win the case, maintain one's cause.

It is also interesting to note that 'word of their testimony' is thrown into the mix.

Testimony in the greek means:
1) a testifying

a) the office committed to the prophets of testifying concerning future events

2) what one testifies, testimony, i.e. before a judge.

In the previouse passage of Rev 12:10 we are told that it is the accuser of the breathren who we are testifying before. I believe as born-again believers that these two aspects represent our acts of warfare against a being who would rather have people living under condemnation and guilt than walking free in the liberty that is in Christ.

2004/10/23 13:59Profile
dohzman

Re:

I can hear the old time christians crying aloud(pleading the blood of Jesus) for mercy on grounds of the shed blood of Jesus Christ! GLORY!!!!!Not a weapon but the cry of a saint in deed to His /Her Heavenly Father on the grounds of Jesus' shed Blood.CAN GOD BUT MOVE IN HIS MAJESTY AT SUCH A SIGHT?

2004/10/23 19:39Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re: Here's a pretty good explanation

Hope this helps. There is power in the blood of Jesus (wonder working power!). Praise the Lord for that.

I found it from this website: http://misslink.org/chapel/askaminister/christian/pleadblood.html

Question: I have recently been introduced to "pleading the blood" from a Christian friend. This is new to me as a Baptist. I am earnestly seeking to know Christ in a deeper way. My question is, who do we plead the blood to? Is this a prayer to God or are we saying this to Satan?

Answer:

"Pleading the blood," as it is called, is simply an expression of faith in the protective power of the blood of Jesus Christ. We probably "plead the blood" more for the benefit of our own faith than either of the other two suggestions that you offered. God will always make a way of escape in every temptation so that you will not be tempted above "that ye are able." So... it is not necessary to invoke God's protection by "pleading the blood" to Him. Remember, too, that Satan is a subordinate power to the God of heaven. In the book of Job, he had to obtain explicit, special permission from the Lord before proceeding with his desire to take away Job's possessions and children. Then he had to obtain permission again before afflicting Job in his body. Greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world! Rest assured that the devil cannot touch a blood-bought believer without God's permission.

Quote:
So... we "plead the blood" to remind ourselves that (and to build our faith in the fact that) the blood is our protection from the enemy.

It is the "standard" that is raised up when the enemy comes in "like a flood."

Quote:
"Pleading the blood" might also be used when the devil attempts to remind us of our sins. It would remind us that God (the only One who really matters) has forgotten those sins on the merits of Christ's sacrifice (i.e., His blood).

2004/10/23 22:55Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy