SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : US Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: US Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

Hi Chris(JD),

I really appreciate the care and clarity with which you explained your view. It makes sense to me. It seems to be something about appropriate boundaries, rather than 'either-or'.

The retrospective vision of the 'warrior monk' has always disturbed me; but the incribing of killing machines with the word of God, as if the method or the cause are essentially endorsed by Him. somehow goes even further.

hiscomm,

I appreciated your quotes from the verbal arsenal of past politicians, in particular, and your contributions in general. As Chris said 'welcome'!

2010/1/25 15:11
Nellie

Re:

Amen Krispy.
It is a Spiritual War.
Thank God, we win in the end.
God Bless all.
Nellie

2010/1/25 16:27Profile

Re: US Military Weapons Inscribed With Secret 'Jesus' Bible Codes

It seems like a good thing for people to have bible verses in front of them no matter what situation they are in. I want bible verses to be available to soldiers on both sides of a conflict. It sounds like a good evangelism tool. Our army has homosexuals in it. Maybe one of them will be convicted by thinking about Jesus Christ and repent.

Soldiers are often in dangerous situations. A lot of them are very young men who urgently need to be right with the Lord. Reminders of God's word seem like a good thing to me.

2010/1/25 17:19

Re:

I found a couple bible verses that some would see as being relevant to the scripture references on the firearms. What do you folks think about these?

"Let the high praises of God be in their throats and two-edged swords in their hands to take vengeance on the nations, to punish the people of the world, to put their kings in chains and their leaders in iron shackles, to carry out the judgment that is written against them. This is an honor that belongs to all his godly ones. Hallelujah!"

"Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

2010/1/25 17:24
hiscomm

Re:

Hi:

God did say that David was a man after his own heart. David's job was a warrior, along with his ancestors Moses and Joshua and they killed many of men swinging those swords, impailing with those spears and shooting those arrows. It's a bloody business taking the promise land and they did it passionately and with no apologies. From what I read about David, I wouldn't put past him if he did not carve a few praises into the implements he used to carve up God's enemies and meting out judgement on those who's sin had reached their limit. Then the righteous sword, ax or spear of judgement did it's work.

"Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle." thank you benjoseph for that "sharp" eye on the scriptures!

2010/1/25 19:48Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Isn't somebody going to call attention to the fact that we are under a New Covenant now, and wrestle not with flesh and blood, but with spiritual forces... and that our weapons therefore must be spiritual weapons, and not carnal ones?

Surely we know that by now.

2010/1/25 19:54Profile
hiscomm

Re:

Hi: I agree! And I'm sure our Christian soldiers in Afganastan who meet face to face with death everyday are doing just that,and probally with more intensity then what we usually do, and then they head out with their weapons in hand to do their job.

Deuteronomy 6:4-9 4“Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone.£ 5And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. 6And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands I am giving you today. 7Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are away on a journey, when you are lying down and when you are getting up again. 8Tie them to your hands as a reminder, and wear them on your forehead. 9Write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Philippians 4:8-9 8And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 9Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and heard from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you.

2010/1/25 20:26Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:
and then they head out with their weapons in hand to do their job.

They might be doing just that under the banner of the UN or the USA.

But they certainly cannot do that, they cannot use those kinds of weapons, under the banner of the Kingdom of God.

2010/1/25 20:55Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi ADisciple...

Quote:
They might be doing just that under the banner of the UN or the USA.

But they certainly cannot do that, they cannot use those kinds of weapons, under the banner of the Kingdom of God.

Are you saying that it is impossible to be a child of God and serve as a soldier?

2010/1/25 21:18Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:
Are you saying that it is impossible to be a child of God and serve as a soldier?

I'm saying it's impossible to go forth in the Name of Christ and the Gospel of the Kingdom... with guns and tanks and bombs, with earthly carnal weapons.

And so a child of God will have to come to some kind of conviction as to what "flag" he is fighting for. If he's fighting for his country, as a patriotic citizen of his country he might feel in good conscience he could take up arms.

But if he's been conscripted into another army that's being mustered to fight the battle of the Kingdom of God and the Day of the LORD-- if his conscience bears him witness that he's heard THAT call-- he will have to OBEY that call. He will have to forget all about fighting for an earthly flag. He'll have to forsake all, and present himself before the Commander of the armies of heaven, and put on the panoply of God, and learn how to use spiritual weapons.

2010/1/25 21:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy