SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : When does God's Grace Run out?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
MattyZ

When does God's Grace Run out?

Well, I have been a Christian since I was 4. But here I sit at the age of 26 and have not really shown fruit. Somedays I fear I am too late and that God has cut me off like dead branch from a tree. Oh how I want to serve God with the talents (I am a sax player) He has given me and serve Him with my all, but my actions show otherwise. I do what I don't want to do, but feel hopeless to do otherwise. When does God's grace run out? I seem to be attacked with all these fears of the future and I just can't seem to get up. I am not sure why I am posting this but here goes nothing....

Matt (Canada). mdz@matthewzacharias.com

2004/10/6 1:34Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: When does God's Grace Run out?

Hi Matt

Quote:
When does God's grace run out?

When God is no longer God.

I don't usually think of myself as old until someone whose age in figures are the reverse of my own says 'I am 26.. I am too late'.

You mean, of course, that you haven't been able to measure your own fruit. Such an exercise is always discouraging or a conceit. It is not your responsibilty to bear fruit; it is your responsibility to abide in the Vine. Fruit bearing, whether measurable to the human eye or not, is the inevitable result of a right relationship with God.

Abide in Him, the rest is His problem... ;-)

2004/10/6 5:01Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Hi Matt,

Quote:
I am not sure why I am posting this but here goes nothing....

Well I am glad you did.

Your dissatisfaction with yourself is an indication in itself as well as reaching out and trying to find answers.

Psa 51:12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a [b]willing[/b] spirit.

An outsiders view see's fruit that is being produced on the tree better than the tree does.

Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch [b]cannot bear fruit by itself[/b], unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me.

Perhaps a different perspective would be helpful.
Have you listened to many of the messages here?
Here is a series worth checking out;
[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=157] Zac Poonen[/url]
'The Real Jesus'

2004/10/6 7:38Profile
riki

Sweden

Dear Matt,

Boy, do I recognize myself in what you write... I have been there myself. I am also 26 years old and my experience seems to be pretty much the same as yours. What Ron writes is true, the only thing you can do is to abide in Him. Find your place in Him, get to know Him like you have never known Him before. That is the ONLY starting point. Only from there can He send you forth. (See Mark 3:14)

By the way, the very fact that you posted this shows that God is calling you to Himself. And I don't believe it is a coincidence that you came here to Sermonindex either... ;-) So be encouraged, keep on pressing towards God! Remember to be honest with yourself and God, tell Him exactly how you feel. And if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask them here. The first step is taken, so let us not stop there! We are many here who are willing to help you in any way we can. :-)

Regards,
Rikard

2004/10/6 8:04Profile
Spitfire

Oh Matt! I am so happy that you came here and opened your heart to us! I too, was fruitless and frustrated and had reached a point of almost believing Satan's lie that I could never actually be a productive Christian. You wouldn't be here, Brother, if God's grace had run out for you. Right now, I just want to share one thing. In James 4:6, it says, "...God resists the proud, but he gives grace to the humble." On down in vs. 10, it says, "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he will lift you up." It is our job to humble ourselves and you have done that here, Brother. The thing that began to really help me, was repentance. I just started to repent to God, by faith. I began to repent of my pride and I asked God to teach me how to humble myself. I realized that the barreness in my spiritual life was an indication that God was resisting me. He is obligated to resist the proud. And oh my gosh! I began to see so many things. God began to reveal himself to me in a totally new way. I can't even put it all into words. I wish I could shout on here. Go to God, Matt, in prayer and really humble yourself. He will do the rest. We will all be praying for you. Love, Dian.

2004/10/6 9:50Profile
moreofHim

Re: grace

So many good comments here! And all so true.

Thank the Lord that you recognize where you are in your spiritual walk. Many people continue to ignore their state. All I will add to everyone's great responses is SURRENDER. When I recognized that I was not where I should be with the Lord, He made it clear to me that I needed to be willing to surrender all to Him. Much of our unfruitfulness is do to hanging onto our "selves" and to our wants and ways and desires and dreams.

The Lord is definitely calling you. Be obedient to His wonderful call and enjoy the ride. Rest in His arms and let Him be all that you cannot on be on your own power. But do press on! You won't regret it. :-)

In His perfect love, Chanin

2004/10/6 10:07Profile
mloaks

So. MD, USA

Re:

Concur, surrender is the key. I need to turn it all over also; His yoke is easy, but my faith is weak.

You will be fine. In our weakness, He is made strong. I'd sure like your sax in my CCM band! ;-)

2004/10/6 10:18Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

[b]2 Timothy 2:11-13[/b] - It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

2004/10/6 11:37Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
Oh how I want to serve God with the talents (I am a sax player) He has given me and serve Him with my all...

Remember that God doesn't want your talents, He wants you! God works to bring us to an end of ourselves, to an end of our self-reliance, and into total dependence on Him. Seek His will for where He wants you to serve, don't trust in your natural talents, trust in Him alone. God chooses the weak things to confound the mighty, the foolish things to confound the wise.

In Christ,

Ron

2004/10/6 11:46Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Remember that God doesn't want your talents, He wants you! God works to bring us to an end of ourselves, to an end of our self-reliance, and into total dependence on Him.

AMEN brother thats something God has been showing me afresh is to just "consider Him" to come before Him like Mary and sit at his feet. Even this SermonIndex is not and end in its self but just a by-product of my love and devotion for HIM! The work of being at Jesus feet to learn of Him and be like Him is the supreme work of a Christian.

2004/10/6 11:49Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy