SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Help

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dab

Kentucky

Help

I need some material to give to a prisoner in the local jail. No real background with Christianity, he's had some brief exposure to Catholicism, he visited a Pentecostal church a couple of times (somewhat reformed rather than classical Pentecostal). So I need some material starting from scratch - just who God is, His nature (I think before sharing the Gospel, or as we share the Gospel, we need to be on the same page when we say, "God" or "love" or "Jesus" or a lot of other words). He seems perceptive and intelligent. Any recommendations? Thanks.
David

2010/1/16 13:30Profile

Re: Help

The One True God by Paul Washer would be a great book to go through. All based on scripture and goes over the attributes of God in a solid, biblically based way that relies on scripture as the authority not man's opinion.

You can find it on Heart Cry Missionary Societies website.

Hope that helps.

Adam

2010/1/16 14:15Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: Help

There is a ministry very near my home that we know to be a very good one. They specialize in ministry to prisoners, and have a correspondence course that they will do free of charge for any prisoner that wants it. I have known Mr. Garman's daughter since high school, and have a lot of respect for the ministry. You might check them out. Maybe they have a really basic teaching course they will send to the prisoner you know.

http://www.arm.org/

Travis

2010/1/16 19:33Profile
tjservant

Indiana USA

Re:

Quote:
The One True God by Paul Washer would be a great book to go through

Amen.

Let the Bible do the talking. This book does exactly that.

2010/1/16 21:39Profile
dab

Kentucky

Re:

Thanks, tjservant, some things are coming together from that resource.

Thanks, twayneb, I will check this site.

David

2010/1/20 16:21Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy