Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Newsweek: Why God Hates Haiti

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

The only problem with the questions centering around theodicy is that the right answer is never an emotionally satisfying one. Even the right answer will never appease our flesh. Why? Because God designed us that way, so that we as individuals we might find our satisfaction in Him alone. That is what the Lord drove Job to understand and ultimately realize.

2010/1/17 23:39Profile

Re:

"Even the right answer will never appease our flesh. Why? Because God designed us that way, so that we as individuals we might find our satisfaction in Him alone. That is what the Lord drove Job to understand and ultimately realize." KingJimmy

Amen. But this is an opportunity to pray for the salvation of those who may now be desperate for something that no nation can give them. Jesus said earthquakes WILL come and that these are the beginning of sorrows. As the pangs of birth are evident, I would rather focus on the birth of a glorious church... Haitians could be a part of this if we do our part. I'll save the why's and if's for others. Could you imagine if God moved there... the very pit of the earth where many leave little hope?? If the Spirit of God moves there we'll get a deeper revelation of His will beyond simple history lessons. That was then, this is now. When the wrath of God comes people will hide in caves weeping and cursing God, trying to kill themselves but being unable to. The whole earth will be shaken. That will be then... this is now. It's our obligation to do what we can while the window is still open. Our battle isn't with flesh and blood and I would hope that if the situation were reversed... those who know God would step up on my behalf and engage in that battle for me.

2010/1/18 7:23
dohzman

Looking at it differently

One thing that a relief effort does for a brief moment is to show the world that a combined good common goal to help the helpless can and to some degree does work. This will ultimately be what the world leaders see as part of thier judgements no doubt, besides the rejection of Jesus Christ as Lord and saving God(redeemer). Man has the capasity to do good. I know on this board alot will quote , stuff like there is none righteous no not one, or our works being filthy rages...etc.., but I'm not talking in terms of salvation but in terms of human kindness toward one another. The world responded to this countrys need and two things have happened, 1) for a brief moment we can see how God intended humanity to work to help the helpless 2) with the nations coming together almost like the day of penecost, the gospel potential is increased and probably will spread around the world in the mouth of many relief workers from other countries who hear of Jesus and His love and than go back to thier own nations as born again believers in Christ.

Ole' Pat R. spoke truthfully but the Word of God says the wise make knowledge acceptable, I supose his comments may have been a bit rushed and spoken to quickly, if he had sat on his comments for just a couple of weeks and let out little bits he probably wouldn't have had a stone rolled back on him like it was. Maybe one day he'll get it and learn the lesson God has intended for him and move on to the next class of learning, hopefully, because his untimely comments make it difficult for the rest of us as we strive to be a witness for Christ.

2010/1/18 8:51Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy