SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Re-Baptism

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wind_blows

Re-Baptism

So I have a question, is re-baptism something that you would encourage someone to do. I have a very close friend(she is like a sister) that was baptized a few years ago but she really feels that she did it because at the time she said a prayer and it was the thing they told her to do. Say the prayer and get baptized, there was no real change in her life or her heart. She ended up living with her boyfriend for a year, then got pregnant and married to her boyfriend. After some difficult times they have both come to the Lord. She shared with me that things are so different for their family now, they have such a deep love for the Lord she said she really understands what it means to repent of her sins and to know Jesus as her Lord, something she did not fully understand until now. She said she has been thinking about the first time she was baptized and wondering if it would be wrong for her to get baptized again? I am thinking that she should but wanted to know if anyone else had any thoughts on this?

with care in Him

2010/1/15 22:17Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Re-Baptism

By all means, encourage her! If it would make her feel better especially since she's coming to know the Lord in a deeper way, she should!

God bless you!!

2010/1/15 22:49Profile
wayneman

Michigan

It can't hurt. I was re-baptized myself because the first one didn't mean anything.

2010/1/15 22:54Profile
mayIfearHim

Australia

Dear Wind blows,
Water baptism is not only an act of obedience to the Scriptures, but is for those who witness it, as a testimony that one has surrendered their life to the Lord. Perhaps your friend took a step of faith at that time...and it seems, God kept His covenant with her, but she took some time to come into the reality of faith in Jesus. Although it is perhaps not 'required' that she get baptised again, if the Lord puts it on her heart as a testimony to others of the difference between 'head' belief and 'heart' belief, she should do it! Perhaps it may help others along too. There are meny in churches today who have gone as far as her first path, and a few whe have taken the second...
Hope this encourages you,
Be blessed!

2010/1/15 22:56Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

I totally agree with the consensus so far. I was baptized at 8 years old when I was born again and it was extremely meaningful. I remember persecution because of the obvious change in my life that year in public school. I am now 39. One year ago I was baptized a second time. God has been propelling me into some new things, deeper things, greater ministry in the last couple of years, and I had a great desire to publicly and symbolically reinforce my death to self and total resurrected life in Christ. It was equally as powerful the second time. It is not wrong at all. Go for it!
:-)

2010/1/16 19:20Profile

Re:

As as ex-Catholic I was baptized again shortly after coming to Christ. Srangley enough, this seemed to be the major sticking point for some relatives........Frank

2010/1/16 20:23
wind_blows

Re:

Thanks guys:)

she said she feels strongly that she is to baptized so we are off:)

with care in Him

2010/1/16 22:50Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy