SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Demon opression/self condemnation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
norton330

Demon opression/self condemnation

Here are some questions, just wondering because honestly demons and satan are not talked about much anymore. There are scores of demon possessed and demon opressed people out there that are not seen as such and are just given medicine to deal with it. Also some questions about self condemnation, I think there is a posted thread or two on here about "forgiving self." So here are the questions:

Can demons opress a believer?

Can demons whisper in our "ears" or minds certain thoughts that cause us to be tempted? (wheter it be to lust or to be anxious, or whatever)

How do you deal with self condemnation?

Does satan cause us to condemn ourselves?

These are just some questions and thoughts, not very extensive but just curious on these.

2010/1/14 7:17Profile
daniel-

Germany

Re: Demon opression/self condemnation

Hi,

Satan always tries to draw sincere believers into pits of self-condemnation and introspection. I have known this and i know many who battle this. It is looking to yourself instead of looking to Christ. When you focus on self in a false self-anatomizing spirituality, yourself will be magnified. When you look to Jesus, He will begin to fill your horizon and He will deal with your sins and set you free. In a very real sense, you cannot make yourself right, you can only throw yourself upon God.

I have had my share of self-condemnation and hidden self-hatred and the problem is, it disguises itself as "spirituality", "taking your cross upon yourself" etc. but God is not pleased with that. All that we need is found in Christ alone, and He desires to freely and mercifully give as we simply allow ourselves to receive as little children. God is a wonderful father who desires us to live in total dependancy for everything on Him alone.

Satan can also cause a lot of opression and he constantly tries to put many thoughts in our minds. For example, he might give you a bad thought about some brother and then he will condemn you. As you begin to enter that circle of thought you will be drawn deeper and deeper into a pit. Simply reject the thought and then praise God :) And when Satan tries to overwhelm you and the thoughts and opression dont go away, well, keep on praising God but do not allow the enemy to draw you into his thought-processes.

We must understand, especially when we are bound by condemnation, that in Christ we are totally accepted and loved and that this black cloud is nothing but a wicked lie of the Accuser, we must begin to believe in the love of God and praise Jesus who freely gave Himself for us because of His love, He has NOT come into the world to condemn.

Daniel

2010/1/14 7:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy