Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 B.H. Clendennen Bio

[img]http://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/october/bh.gif[/img]

Rev. B. H. Clendennen is the Pastor Emeritus of the Victory Temple Church of Beaumont, Texas. A distinctive Pentecostal Church with missionaries in many countries of the world.

Through Radio and Television, Bro. Clendennen has reached into nearly every major city in America. The Victory Temple telecast a line production from the church has brought the power of Pentecost in millions of homes.

In 1967 Bro. Clendennen ministered five weeks in the bush country of Tanzania, East Africa. Many souls found Christ during that time. The need for church buildings was go great when Bro. Clendennen returned to the U.S. he raised the money to build fifteen block and steel churches. In one year missionary Morris Plotts had the churches erected. In April 1968 Bro. and Sis. Clendennen returned to East Africa to minister and to dedicate the new churches.

From East Africa the Clendennens went to Iran to minister and participate in the ground breaking for the first Bible School in thirteen hundred years to be built in that land.

In December 1968 Bro. and Sis. Clendennen journeyed around the world preaching in Spain, France, Rome, India, Thailand, and Vietnam. In Southern India, above ten thousand people gathered to hear the Gospel, hundreds were saved and filled with the Holy Spirit. In Vietnam God opened the country to the Clendennens. From 1968 to 1975 when American forces pulled out, they were there most of the time. The work became such as to demand full time workers with the American serviceman alone. It was most successful. Under the ministry of the Clendennens Pentecost came to Vietnam for the first time.

In 1971 the Clendennens were invited to Zaire (Congo) for a crusade. For twenty-one days God's power fell upon the crowds estimated by the police to be sixty-five thousand people. Every year after that Pastor has held at least one crusade in Zaire.

In February 1980 Bro. Clendennen was invited to minister in Yugoslavia, Hungry, and Romania. Every church Bro. Clendennen ministered in was filled to overflowing and people were standing out in the freezing cold looking in the windows. In 1981 Bro. Clendennen returned to Bulgaria and Romania to find the Spirit of the Lord still moving and the churches growing.

Also in 1981 Bro. Clendennen returned to hold a Crusade in Zaire, South Africa. There were thousands out every night to hear the Word of God. In December 1981 he returned to Zaire to hold a Preachers Conference for the native pastors. There was a real moving of the Holy Spirit and the pastors returned to their churches renewed in the Lord. Every year since then Bro. Clendennen has returned to hold the ministers seminar. This seminar includes the ministers and their wives, plus all of their food and lodging for the week. This is totally funded by Bro. Clendennen himself. This has become a time of real Spiritual growth and development for these ministers.

Bro. Clendennen felt through the leadership of the Holy Spirit, several years ago to have a Pastors Seminar here in the States. This has become an annual event at Victory Temple. The pastors and their families are fed two meals a day plus lodging at the Hilton Hotel. Every year ministers come from all over the United States to be uplifted and renewed by the Holy Spirit.

In December, 1991 Bro. Clendennen felt that it was time for him to leave Victory Temple as Pastor and go into full-time mission work. The door to minister in Russia has been opened to Bro. Clendennen since September, 1991. On his first Sunday in Moscow He preached in an underground church, there was over one thousand people present. Among that congregation were the bishops of the Pentecostal Church of all USSR. They ask Bro. Clendennen to come and minister in their churches and train their Pentecostal preachers. In December, 1991 Bro. Clendennen purchased and distributed thirty thousand New Testaments and thirty thousand "Books of Life". The Mayor of Kiev asked that he give a Bible to every student in school. For one hour he was interviewed on one of the most powerful radio stations in Russia that reached approximately nine million people, and articles written in the local newspapers about the crusades. On December 1, 1992 Bro. Clendennen resigned as senior Pastor of Victory Temple to become a full time Missionary and Evangelist.

In February, 1992 Bro. Clendennen was once again in Russia preaching crusades and making arrangements for property, so that he could start a school for Russian ministers. On September 21st, Bro. And Sis. Clendennen moved to Moscow to get everything prepared for the opening of the Bible School. Bro. Clendennen taught Bible four hours every day to the Russian students. Classes began at the International Pentecostal Bible College of Moscow on October 1, 1992 with one hundred and two students from all over Russia and the Ukraine. From that one school in Moscow the School of Christ has expanded all over the former Soviet Union and we now have schools in Armenia, Georgia, Kyrgyzia, Ukrain, Vilnus, Perm, and Rostov. We have now graduated over twenty-five hundred students and started over two thousand churches. We have also sent out and equipped fifty full time evangelists with their own van and sound system. In the work there we found that not only was there a great need for spiritual food but for physical food and medical supplies. Through our contacts here in the states we have been able to send eleven forty foot container filled with rice, pasta, baby food, and medical supplies so desperately needed for the families and children of Russia.

The Lord opened the door for us to translate the School of Christ material into the Spanish language in March 1994. The first school was started in Haunuco, Peru. We now have schools in Lima, Pasco, San Martin, Iquitos, Pucallpa and Haunuco, Peru. There have been two hundred and ninety-three students graduate from these schools and ninety-two new churches started. In Peru there were two hundred and one who did not start new churches, but are currently pastoring existing churches.

The School of Christ has expanded into Ecuador, where our first school was started in January 1996. We have graduated fifty-one students and started twenty-eight new churches. The first School of Christ was started in Chile in January 1997 and on April 15, 1997 we graduated twenty-one students and sixteen students plan to start new churches. We have opened new schools in Venezuela, Cuba, and Brazil. The School is in, or is in the process of moving into every country in Central America. At the end of 2000 the School of Christ was in every Spanish speaking country on earth. In every country where the School is functioning the results are the same.

Since 2000, the School has literally been around the world. Bro. Clendennen just recently returned from China, Europe and Russia with the School. Our latest report out of India is the testimony of revival, a nation where one of every six humans live. We are graduating four hundred students a month, and they are spreading the flames of revival across the sub-continent. The School has been into Eygpt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and will be going into Israel soon. If all goes as planned, in the next twelve months we will have the School in every Moslem nation.

The first week of October 2004 we open the first School of Christ in Albania. Albania is the modern name of Illyricum mentioned in Romans 15:19. From Albania, in the next eighteen months, we will disciple Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia and Greece. We will rekindle the fire started by the Apostle Paul two thousand years ago

August of this year, the School of Christ was named the official voice for sixty-nine prisons in twenty-seven states. The prison officials have given us two hours a day, five days a week.

October of 2004, will be our twelth year. In that short time, the School of Christ has literally covered the globe making it perhaps the most effective missions tool ever. We are now in well over 120 nations and the demand for the school continues to grow. The pace at which the school is now moving defies imagination, this can only be by the workings of the Holy Spirit.

2004/10/5 13:22Profile
5nva

Re: B.H. Clendennen Bio

Greg:

I have only met two people who have heard of this man. He seems to be somewhat unknown here in the US. The two people that have mentioned him to me have compared him to Pastor Dave Wilkerson in some ways.

Here is his website link.

http://www.schoolofchristinternational.com/index.html

I would be curious if anyone else knows anything about him.

Mike

2004/10/5 15:25Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

My companion and friend who corrects my translations of Mr. Sparks into Swedish has been working with Mr. Clendennen in Russia. The work holds a very good reputation out there.
Lars

2004/10/5 15:40Profile
5nva

Re:

I thought this may be of interest to read. This is a letter that the Pastor of a church I used to attend gave me. This is a letter he received from Brother Clendennen in their correspondence with one another after they met.

“But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.” (Matt. 24:37). There is no question but what these words of our lord exactly describe the twenty-first century church. Exactly what were those conditions? “For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.” (Matthew 24:
3 8-39) Though the signs of eminent destruction abounded it was business as usual. They did not know what was going on until the flood came and took them all away.

The thundering and lightening of judgment is seen everywhere on today’s horizon. The perilous times spoken of by the Apostle Paul are upon us now. Anti-Christ has a new weapon in his arsenal, “the suicide bomber.” It is a weapon without defense; all of a sudden there is no place to hide. Some of the greatest minds in America now say, that it is not a matter of if~, but when we will experience a nuclear attack. There is a hatred for Christ worldwide that is manifesting itself in terrible violence against those who belong to Christ. Members of our family are suffering and dying in Sudan, Laos, Indonesia, China, Mindanao, and all the world of Islam, because of their love for Christ. In those nations where there is not open aggression against Christ there are powerful political forces whose goal is to eliminate the very name of Christ.

Despite the abounding signs that the civilization, as we know it, is about to come to a close, with the vast majority of the Church it is business as usual. We spend billions of dollars on entertainment complexes in an effort to keep the lukewarm interested. Having led us to believe that the way to keep the young from going back into the world was to bring the world into the Church. The results, we have Church kids like their counter part in the world, who having become bored with life are filling the vacuum with drugs, sex and violence. Soldiers are not made at ice cream parties. Soldiers are the product of the heat and challenges of life.

The world offers opportunity for self-advancement. It appeals mainly to self-interest. The appeal of Christianity is to those who crave to be rid of an unwanted self. All mass movements attract and hold a following not because they can satisfy the desire for self¬advancement, but because it can satisfy the passion for self-renunciation. A true believer is one “who is willing to sacrifice the present for the future.” Challenge the young with such an appeal and they will rise to the occasion.

I have written from my heart. I want to challenge you and I who still believe that we do have the answer to these perplexing times. There is no hope for this civilization apart from the Church once more becoming the Church. For the Church to become what God intends she must repent of her unbelief. I must clarify what I mean by unbelief. The word of God says, “Without faith it is impossible to please God.” It also says, “that whatsoever is not of faith is sin.” Link these statements with this fact, faith only functions in the will of God. This in no uncertain terms says that whatever we do, no matter how good it looks, how much money it raises, or how many people it attracts, if it is not the Mind and Will of God it is unbelief. There are no gray areas, we either operate in faith and please God, or we operate in unbelief and sin against God.

The evidence of our unbelief is everywhere. God says, “My house shall be called a house of prayer,” We have made it everything but a house of prayer. We are commanded to make disciples (one who learns and puts into practice what he or she learns) of all nations; we have made converts who attend church once a week. God says, “train up the young in the way they should go.” The word ‘train’ means to discipline, we have spoiled them with our programs and toys. We are commanded to make intercession for the saints, yet a large part of this family suffers beyond our ability to describe. Where are the intercessors? We are commanded to “go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature,” yet because of our unbelief we spend the money on creature comfort and today two thousand million are perishing without ever hearing the Name of Jesus.

Finally, we who receive this letter can, together, reach the generation for Christ. If we will humble ourselves before God, and truly repent of our unbelief nothing shall be impossible unto us. Of those first disciples, who reached their generation, the word of God says, “they first gave themselves,” after that every thing else fell in place.

God bless you. I love you in the Lord and thank Him that He has put us together for this great end-time task.

Bro. Clendennen

God Bless,

Mike

2004/10/5 16:44Profile
moreofHim

Re: Clendennen

Wow, I just read his article from 'the pastor's desk'. Excellent!

Just a few quotes:

Quote:
Babel has long since crumbled to ruins, but the selfish ambitions that were in the hearts of the human race have lived on. The builders of Babel trapped the potentials of unity and channeled it into one tremendous ambitious effort. This ill-directed unity disturbed all Heaven and called for divine interference "for the Lord said nothing will be restrained from them." The spirit of that building era lives today; the cry of this Babel age is [i]"Let us build".[/i]

Quote:
All of Christendom is possessed with a desire to do something, and that desire is channeled into their vision. Out of this desire to do something, has come a civil religion that believes the kingdom of God can be produced through the schemes and idolatrous programs of man. Hence you have this drive for unity with a total disregard for truth. Out of this have come the shameful so called church growth programs.

Quote:
The self life has to be denied if the Life (light) of Christ is to possess us. All that we are by nature is contrary to this divine life, so a death to self is the only cure, and nothing else can make it subservient to good. Just as darkness cannot be altered or made better in itself or transmuted into light, it can only be subservient to light by being lost in it and swallowed up by it.

Quote:
Life is what our message and actions must be about. Our message is, [b]you must become before you can do[/b]

Quote:
We must not allow ourselves to be deceived into believing that anything other than the Holy Spirit can break this darkness. We are cursed with programs, we have a program for every category of the human, and the world goes to hell while we labor to make these man made schemes work. The fruit of our labor is a generation of tares that has no reverence for God.

thanks.

In Him, Chanin

2004/10/5 18:47Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I have only met two people who have heard of this man. He seems to be somewhat unknown here in the US. The two people that have mentioned him to me have compared him to Pastor Dave Wilkerson in some ways.

Yes from what I have heard this man's ministry is excellent. He is an old-time pentecostal of the true genuine type and its refreshing to hear something real from this crowd. I have gotten up 6 messages by him in audio and am working with his organisation to get more videos possibly:

[url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=357]B.H. Clendennen messages...[/url]

2004/10/5 20:10Profile

Re:

Quote:
My companion and friend who corrects my translations of Mr. Sparks into Swedish has been working with Mr. Clendennen in Russia. The work holds a very good reputation out there.

My father-in-law, Rev.William Davidson of Bethany,Manchester has known Bro.Clendennen for many years. They have preached at each others church and my father-in-law also has worked with him in Russia and on the east coast in the UK.
At the mo 'Bill' (as he likes to be called) is out in Africa but will be back mid October and im sure he could tell you a lot about this man. I met him just before i got married and only just came to the Lord at the time. We have many of Bro.Clendennens sermons on tapes as well as many of his books.
In his love Geraldine.

2004/10/6 5:33
Revival

Re: B.H.Clendennen

B.H. Clendennen preached our Fall Fellowship meeting last year and is back again this year beginning this Wednesday night (10/20/2004). http://www.alt-gcs.com/fallfellowship/2004.html

He is indeed the real deal and I would consider him one of the great preachers of our time. He preaches hell hot and has a true burden for the lost. I have never been so challenged to step it up than after hearing him preach.

I recommend that if you get the opportunity you should see this man, or order some of his materials.

His missions ministry is truly incredible as well.

Brad Jerman
a.k.a. Revival
http://www.alt-gcs.com

2004/10/18 13:12Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
His missions ministry is truly incredible as well.

Yes he is a blessing and I encourage everyone to listen to this messages on SI. Hopefully I will be getting some videos up soon of him also!

2004/10/18 13:46Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re: Great messages

I'm listening to a message as I type and all I can is wow. He has the fire of the Holy Ghost burning in him. Great message.

I would encourage folks to listen to his messages. The one entitled "Praying Through" is the one I'm listening to now and would encourage you to listen to it.

2004/10/18 16:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy