SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Three Bible Verses that Greatly Impacted Me

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Three Bible Verses that Greatly Impacted Me

Just want to say that in the early days of my Christian walk, as a new believer, these 3 verses from the New Testament greatly impacted me.

Phil 3.10 "that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death"

Gal 2.20 "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."

Phil 4.13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (But shortly after, this fragment from John 15.5 impacted me more, and balanced out the verse from Phil 4.13; 'apart from Me, you can do nothing')

I wonder if any of you were impacted by any particular Bible verse/verses which strengthened you in your walk with Christ, especially in the early days of your Christian life.

2010/1/12 7:04

Re: Three Bible Verses that Greatly Impacted Me

I was wondering if any of you would respond and give us some of the Bible verses that supported you in your walk with Christ. I hope newcomers like me would be welcome in your group here on SermonIndex.

Bless you all.

2010/1/12 8:36
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

A verse that I truly appreciate is found in James 4v8.

'Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands you sinners, and purify your hearts you double minded.'

Our salvation is not based on our emotions, but on that which God has said.

God's word is solid and can be trusted, no matter how we feel.

When we draw near to God, He draws near to us. He said so.

We might not feel, hear or see anything. But if God said He would draw near, then He will.

God bless.

2010/1/12 8:52Profile

Re: Enid

Thanks for responding. I agree that it is the Fact of God's word and not the (variable) Feelings of man, that is the basis of Faith.

2010/1/12 9:13
skyking3

In my twenties, I asked a friend to disciple me as I saw a steadiness in his life I did not have. The first thing he did was hand me a Navigator scripture memory pack. Those early verses have meant the most to me.

Galatians 2:20 (I note a pattern in the responses!)

1 Peter 5:10

Titus 3:5

Thanks for your question. I am praying for all of us that "the eyes of our hearts may be enlightened to know what is the hope of His calling" to us.

Quote:
I am learning to trust God alone and to unconditionally love people.

2010/1/12 11:51Profile

only three? I'm teasing, there are so many verses that i have been blessed to bury in my heart, and i dont say that to boast brother, and if i do boast, i boast in the Lord, because only God can give a man or woman, the hunger to "eat' of the Word, to where reading and feasting on the Word is a privledge, a joy IN Messiah.

so three...right off the top of my heart, its these,

"And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness". Genesis 15:6

(the 'he', of course is Abram)

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light". Matthew 11:28-30

(should be in red letters, as Jesus spoke this Passage of Scripture)

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." Jeremiah 31-31-34

(as a Jew, this passage, actually the whole 'Book of Consolation' which is chapters 30-33 within the Book of Jeremiah, are very important to me, as to not only the Messianic promise, but for the wonderful Love of God, to move and present Himself to ALL NATIONS thru and in Jesus Christ, and i must include all 4 'Suffering Servant" songs embedded within Isaiah, ----Isaiah 42:1-4 Isaiah 49, 52, and 53, just off the top of my heart)

and just one more:

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
Philippians 4:8

I could give 10, 20 more...wait---all of John 17:1-26 too, God bless you "pollux".....

2010/1/12 12:05

Re: Skyking's 3 verses

Thank you, sky. 1 Pet 5.10 still comforts me in my trials, and gives me hope. Gal 2.20 is a key verse. Shouldn't Christ live out His life in us? Isn't faith the key to every step we take? The faith OF the Son of God, as some versions say.

But I need to meditate more on Tit 3.5. Yes, He saved us by His sheer mercy. But 'washing of regeneration' is a phrase that has to 'open up' more to me.

Thanks for the precise response. I am delighted.

2010/1/12 17:11

Re: Natan's 3 verses, or 4, or 5

Thank you, Natan.

Matt 11.28-30 is a passage I've meditated on much. Esp those two kinds of rest. And also the 'yoke of Christ'. It's a co-yoke, really. I am yoked with Christ.

I've also meditated on Jer 31.31-34, the New Covenant. Watchman Nee has some precious thoughts on this passage.

Natan, I was asking how the verses impacted you in your life & experience. The verses (word of God) must become a part of our life. 'Wrought into us' by experience.

2010/1/12 17:16

Re:

Are there others here who can share 3 verses that profoundly influenced them in their Christian walk & life? :)

2010/1/12 19:20
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland

Re:

there are so many more than 3 that influenced me and continue to influence.one Bible verse that greatly impacted me in my first steps as a Christian was this-"If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, since he cannot deny himself." 2 Tim.2:13.

2010/1/12 20:34Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy