SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sermons on Daniel by Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Sermons on Daniel by Zac Poonen

Just to say that I enjoyed the first sermon on Daniel by Zac Poonen, and the very lucid explanation of the seven reasons given for the Babylonian captivity of Israel/Judah. The message ends with a powerful indictment of covetousness, and the sobering thought that God will settle all accounts one day and we simply cannot 'cheat on God'.

I am now listening to the second sermon on Daniel, and I am beginning to understand better what it means by 'Dare to be a Daniel', what it means to be uncompromisingly righteous.

I would like to know whether others also have heard these sermons on Daniel, and what they think about them.

2010/1/11 19:20

Re: Sermons on Daniel by Zac Poonen

I was reminded of Eric Liddell and the bold stand that he took in the Paris Olympics, that he would not race in a heat on Sunday because it was the Lord's Day.

I saw the movie 'Chariots of Fire' and the story of Eric Liddell was more powerful than the story of the other chief character, Harold Abrahams.

Eric Liddell died as a young missionary in China, but his testimony speaks loudly even today.

2010/1/11 19:35
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Sermons on Daniel by Zac Poonen

Perhaps if hmmhmm reads this, he can tell us where the discussion links are for the Babylon to Jerusalem! I saw them once!!

I've wanted to start them back up and join in to the discussion so perhaps if more people like you listen adn help keep it up!

Daniel is wonderful! God bless you pollux!

2010/1/11 20:18Profile

Re: Daniel Sermon

Thank you, Lisa, for replying. Zac was also speaking about the sovereignty of God.

In the second sermon, he spoke about God's blessing on the food we eat. No need to eat fancy foods; simple food with God's blessing on it brings health & strength. He spoke of how God gives health & strength for the body; knowledge & intelligence for the mind (Dan 1.17) and spiritual insight & revelation to the spirit. In other words, God can do marvels for body, soul & spirit.

I like the thought that preachers can be like Babylonian magicians having clever thoughts & ideas (man-made); or they can be true prophets of God with divine revelation (Spirit-given).

It would be lovely to share the thoughts & insights given by Zac in these Daniel sermons; and also what we ourselves have learnt from the Book of Daniel, both by revelation & experience.

2010/1/11 21:19
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: hmmhmm

Hmmhmm hasn't been on all week but when he gets back on maybe he can remember where those threads are. (I sure wish we had that old search engine!! (wink wink greg!))

I will have to listen again to refresh myself to stay up with you, pollux! But I do know that Zac has the gift to make the scriptures understandable and that truly is a gift!

God bless you pollux

2010/1/11 21:51Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

hello, i will search it out when i am able. My surfing on the web is very limited at the moment and will be for some time ahead. if i remember correct the thread is located in scripture & doctrine section. we did not go all the way through the series, and later brother greg stickied the series in another thread so maybe best to continue the discussion in that thread. when i am able i could find the thread and copy some of the relevant material over to that thread and we have everything in one place. but pls have some patience since i cant do this right now.

God bless you all

christian

2010/1/12 3:35Profile

Re: Daniel Sermon

Quote:
so maybe best to continue the discussion in that thread. when i am able i could find the thread and copy some of the relevant material over to that thread and we have everything in one place.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. Is this thread going to be mutilated? I sincerely wanted a discussion on Daniel, the book of Daniel, with reference to the Daniel sermons by Zac Poonen, and I sincerely wanted to know how the book of Daniel impacted believers.

But I find everything being sidetracked. I don't know whether we want to have a live discussion or whether we want to reanimate a 'dead thread'.

I'm disappointed.

2010/1/12 4:01

Re: Book of Daniel

Quote:
I will have to listen again to refresh myself to stay up with you, pollux! But I do know that Zac has the gift to make the scriptures understandable and that truly is a gift!

Dear Lisa,
The book of Daniel is not very large, and as you read it in perhaps less than an hour I am sure the Holy Spirit will bring to remembrance all that Zac spoke about regarding it. What I wanted was rather how the book impacted you; what you learnt from Daniel.
The stories from the Book of Daniel are taught to children right from Sunday School, and we are familiar with the story of Daniel refusing to eat the king's delicacies; we are familiar with the story of the fiery furnace; and who doesn't know about Daniel in the lion's den?
There is something about Daniel, his life & character, which speaks to us very powerfully in these loose, lackadaisical 'christian' days.

2010/1/12 4:09

Re: Book of Daniel

What struck me about the Book of Daniel was that Daniel was tested in his youth (Chapter 1), and he was tested again in his old age (Chapter 6). I think there is no escaping the 'tests of God'. Even Abraham was tested in his old age, with a great & terrible test (Genesis 22).

Lisa, are you there? I hope you will respond. I'm sure you must have finished reading Daniel umpteen times. Be blessed.

2010/1/12 9:51

Re: The Book of Daniel

I was hoping that some members here would share their thoughts about the life of Daniel. Not the prophetic part of that book, but the life & testimony of the man 'greatly beloved' of God.

Anyone willing to share?

2010/1/12 17:47

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy