SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Should women open air preach?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Ceri

Notts. England.

Re:

To Hquest, thank you for your encouragement, I really appreciate it.
The Lord bless you

2010/1/12 20:16Profile
Ceri

Notts. England.

Re: Miccah

'ability has nothing to do with authority'
I see it as good authority, such as good leadership, will recognise ability and draw out and encourage the person to operate in that gifting. Of course there are boundaries of that gift that have to be recognised and respected and it is wrong to push into another persons ministry - such as every musician within a Church wanting to be the worship leader!
True we are a body and should operate smoothly within our gifting all in submission to the Head, but one part of the body cannot say to another 'you are not needed' for all are important - even the smallest member.

2010/1/12 20:52Profile
nearthecross

Re:

Thank you all for your very interesting replies, thoughts, and links. They helped me consider this matter more thoroughly. I can see there are diverse opinions on the subject.
As, I said before, it is not my intention to create a polemic, I was just interested in what my brothers and sisters thought about the issue of women open-air preaching. I remind you all that my question was not regarding whether or not women should have pastoral positions or exercise authority over men. (Most of us will agree that Scripturally this is not allowed.) I simply wanted to know what your thoughts were concerning women getting up and publicly preaching the Gospel; and, more specifically, the issue of women getting up and simply reading the Word of God in public, and if that constitutes teaching, and having a position of authority over, a man. I tried to make this clear in the beginning, but some may have not understood it. My apologies.
Thank you all once again for your input.

2010/1/13 3:06Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: nearthecross

You have nothing to apologize for! You did make it quite clear. Some just cannot separate preaching from being a pastor; in their understanding 'anytime' they see a woman saying 'anything' in the congregation she is usurping authority over the man.

Anyway brother, your original post was clear.

God bless you,

(edited for clarity)

2010/1/13 7:39Profile
Ceri

Notts. England.

Re: successful preacher

Hi Lysa. In response to your question there are a few elements I believe are essential to ministry.
The main element to success in ministry (and I use the word 'success' lightly - as what may be successful in God's eyes is not neccessarily the same in mans eyes!) but the most important element is personal relationship with the Lord and also the Lords anointing to preach, to me that is all that matters.

As you say and I agree hundred percent that not all men and women have the right and the authority to preach.
I have heard preachers and you just know that they are preaching not from a personal relationship with the Lord - but from their own opinions and pet subject or maybe from a book or even someone elses words!

Matt 7 21-23 NLT 'Not all people who sound religious are really godly. They may refer to me as 'Lord' but they still won't enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The decisive issue is whether they obey my Father in heaven. On judgement day many will tell me 'Lord, Lord, we prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name. But I will reply 'I never knew you, go away; the things you did were unauthorised'

How sad and even frightening that there are people today ministering and the Lord doesn't even know them! there is no relationship and He never authorised their works.

Another essential element in ministry is Love - a love for the Lord and a love for his people. 1 Cor 13 'If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal'
I could have the gift of prophesy, know all the mysteries of the future, have faith that could move mountains, give everything to the poor, even sacrifice my body, but if I haven't Love - if I didn't love others, I would be no good to anyone and would be of no value whatsoever!

Another element is to be true to the Lord and His word,
so many would rather preach what is pleasing and what is fashionable and want to be popular in mens eyes rather than speak what the Lord wants to say and impresses on the heart. Luke 13 v 29 NLT 'Then people will come from all over the world to take their places in the Kingdom of God. And note this some who are despised now will be greatly honoured then; and some who are greatly honoured now will be despised then. (translatation of some are last who will be first and some are first who will be last)

It is beyond me how people can stand in a pulpit and speak so glibly as it is such a serious responsibility to be a teacher of His word, as God judges those who teach His flock more intensely.

I am so aware of the effect I can have on the lives of the people around me by what I say or do, that I will not speak or give advice until I know and feel in my heart that I speak the truth. When ever I am invited to speak I will pray and study fervently because I want to have His peace and assurance that I'm right before God and have His blessing, and God has honoured that in my life.

2010/1/15 8:57Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

If you do a detailed study of the New Testament, you will find that there were probably at least two female apostles. It is hard to imagine that two women operated in their missionary calling, without preaching the gospel, and to some degree, overseeing the spiritual well-being of their converts.

2010/1/15 9:09Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

To be honest - It melts my heart when a man, woman or child is anointed to speak. If God has something to say through anyone my heart is open wide. I wish there were more truly anointed people today - man or woman or child. When someone speaks with God's true anointing there will be tears, silence, no one wanting to leave when in the Presence of the Lord. And when an anointed saint speaks it is awesome. I say - bring them on!!!! Sheri

2010/1/19 15:08Profile
dohzman

YES

Act 21:8 And on the morrow we departed, and came unto Caesarea: and entering into the house of Philip the evangelist, who was one of the seven, we abode with him.
Act 21:9 Now this man had four virgin daughters, who prophesied.

A candle is never placed under a cover, nor a light under a bushel. I believe Philips daughters spoke prophetically the Word of God where ever the Holy Spirit directed them to. The very characteristic of God Himself is to openly proclaim......

2010/1/19 17:44Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy