SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : We Need a Josiah Generation

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Mattie

We Need a Josiah Generation

Josiah was jealous for God's glory. He lived among a people wholly given to covetousness and idolatry, yet done in the name of God. God saw His willing heart and used him to tear down idols throughout the land.

In the church of God, there are idols that must be dealt with in order for God to truly pour His Holy Ghost on the church. The prosperity Gospel, the success/promotion mentality, fame seekers, and emotional living instead of truthful living.

God desires men who will worship Him in spirit and truth. My question is if the congregation is not receiving truth, are they worshiping in truth? There are covetousness throughout the land. Seek Christ in the secret place of your heart and ask Him for His burden towards the church. The hour is late. Judgment is at the door. We need the church to arise and take her rightful place.

2004/10/4 22:58Profile

Re: We Need a Josiah Generation

amen.

may God bless you is my prayer.

2004/10/5 0:46
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re:

Quote:
Seek Christ in the secret place of your heart and ask Him for His burden towards the church.

Amen, Matt. Take that zeal and the passion you are expressing and pour it out in your prayer closet. He is looking for a man or a woman that will seek Him and none of His gifts, His goods, and will be satisfied with only Him. Then He will speak in the still small voice and tell you to "Go..."

Then Go and keep on going...

as Amy Carmichael once wrote..."Make me Thy fuel,O Flame of God"

2004/10/5 2:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy