SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is ANXIETY a symptom of SIN?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Silo

Is ANXIETY a symptom of SIN?

I think I need to hear a testimony dealing with this subject?

Not too long ago God told me to take a left and I took a right and kept walking. (Hoping that He would change His mind =) It was SIN!! It was willfull rebellion even though nobody understood. But everyday my heart was getting tighter, I was having chest pains, and it just feels now like anxiety or panic attack.

I have repented and am walking back towards His will but not cheerfully. =( I'm walking back to God only because of the physical pain. It's the only thing that brought me back. But now I still feel depression, anxiety, and fear...but I know I'm right with God again.

Has anybody sinned and felt like they were going to have a heart attack? Seriously. I don't think the hospital or any pills can heal or help me now. I know God is here and calling me to fully yield my life to him but I still feel an overwhelming sense of anxiety and chest pains.

Is this a spiritual issue or health concern?

2010/1/5 12:14Profile

Re: Is ANXIETY a symptom of SIN?

Hi Silo,

There seem to be a few issues going on. First of all you can always be checked by a Doctor and make sure there is nothing wrong with your health. Assuming that you are healthy, I would say that issue number two would be your repentence. If you have truly repented then He is faithful to forgive, this is His word and it is never broken. If you reluctantly repented then that leads to issues of surrender and yielding to the Lord. As for anxiety, anxiety in and of itself is sin. Multiple times Jesus commands us not to be anxious. If He commands it, then it is possible to walk without anxiety. He would not command us to do something that is not possible. All things are possible to those who walk with Him. Obviously this would be the best known Scripture in relation to anxiety.....

Php 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
Php 4:7 And the peace of God which passes all understanding shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

For a whole year the Lord would not let me leave this Scripture. Every possible fear that I had was raised in that year. It took multiple incidents for me to finally see anxiety for what it was, it was sin, pure and simple. It was a lack of trust in the living God. It was me saying to Him that there were things in my life that were beyond His capabilities. Now, once one has determined in his heart to be anxious for nothing, but rather bring it before the throne of grace, then comes the peace that surpasses all understanding, and not only will one have that peace but it will be guarded by the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. This is His promise to His childred. Other Scriptures related to anxiety are........Math 6, read the whole chapter. Luke 10:41, and Luke 12, the whole chapter.

For those who seek to follow after the Lord, whatever in your life is not put to death will constantly harrass you. It is akin to the Israelites not taking the whole land. The land must be conquered and possesed. May this be e yea that many of the saints conquer and possess their inheritence rather than wandering in the desert and looking back to Egypt.............brother Frank

2010/1/5 12:38
Silo

Re:

Quote:
It was me saying to Him that there were things in my life that were beyond His capabilities.

You hit the nail on the head. I'm going to study the scriptures you listed. Thanks Brother.

2010/1/5 12:53Profile

Re:

Amen brother, may the Lord bless you.........Frank

2010/1/6 15:04
Santana

Re:

Memorize Psalm 25. Just keep chewing on those verses like David went through, all day.

2010/1/6 16:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy