SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Brit Hume Expresses View on Tiger Woods

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Brit Hume Expresses View on Tiger Woods

On "Fox News Sunday" yesterday, Fox anchor Brit Hume suggested that Tiger Woods should trade his Buddhist faith for Christianity if he wants to make a personal comback. When host Chris Wallace asked the show's roundtable to predict the biggest sports story of 2010, Hume said:

"Tiger Woods will recover as a golfer. Whether he can recover as a person I think is a very open question, and it's a tragic situation for him. I think he's lost his family, it's not clear to me if he'll be able to have a relationship with his children, but the Tiger Woods that emerges once the news value dies out of this scandal -- the extent to which he can recover -- seems to me to depend on his faith. He's said to be a Buddhist; I don't think that faith offers the kind of forgiveness and redemption that is offered by the Christian faith. So my message to Tiger would be, 'Tiger, turn to the Christian faith and you can make a total recovery and be a great example to the world.'"

After a moment of awkward silence, fellow panelist Bill Kristol quipped, "Well, Brit's concerned about Tiger's soul, which is admirable, but I just made a more straightforward sports prediction, which was that he'll come back and win the Masters."

2010/1/4 12:02Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Brit Hume Expresses View on Tiger Woods

Very interesting. I had that show on yesterday, but I was only remotely paying attention to it as I cleaned my kitchen. I hate that I missed it.

2010/1/4 12:06Profile

Re:

I bet there was an awkward moment. Hat's off to Brit Hume for taking a stand for mercy in christianity. Now I wonder if he'll have to issue an apology soon because of backlash? I hope not.

I'm going to pray that God would bless Brit for taking that stand.

2010/1/4 14:10
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Fox News, in spite of it's conservative view point, can be kinda hard towards anybody who makes a politically incorrect comment about something that somehow exalts Christianity over another religion. Remember the last time you saw Franklin Graham on Fox News? Probably not. He used to be a regular on there until he made a comment a few years ago that said Islam was a fundamentally evil religion. People got pretty upset at that comment. Billy Graham even offered a soft public rebuke to Franklin on that comment, saying he disagreed with it. To my knowledge, he's not been back since his controversial remark. Granted, Brit Hume is actually employed by Fox, whereas Graham was just a guest. But I wouldn't be surprised if he's not at least getting lectured off to the side for his comment.

2010/1/4 18:13Profile

Re:

I agree. I like Foxnews,(even though I only axcess the website)however they are wierd on certain things.

If my memory serves me...

Matt Drudge used to be with Fox. He was going to show the famous picture of the baby hand holding onto the doctors hand. Fox wouldn't allow it. Strange, very strange.

2010/1/4 18:30
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Just google Brit Hume Tiger Woods and you can view his comment.

2010/1/4 19:06Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: Brit Hume Expresses View on Tiger Woods

Dear brothers & sisters,
What I am about to say has been on my heart for a few weeks now. This maynot be directly tied to this thread; although, I think, it is somewhat tied indirectly concerning this man Tiger Woods.
A few weeks ago, I was on another "Christian" website where I came across a sermon titled, "The Fall Of Tiger Woods." As my eyes fell across this title, I was immediately grieved, & somewhat angered in my spirit. I didn't even check out the sermon itself; for, it seemed to me at the time, that the title said enough. I couldn't believe that that particular site could even let someone upload that sermon with a title like that.
Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is this:
I don't think it's very godly to criticize an unbeliever for their sins when that person doesn't know any better. I must confess, to my shame, I at times have done these things in my past; and, I know type these words in tears, in deep regret, knowing that I have done so. Who is it that can help anyone live a Godly life, but God Himself... I cannot boast about anything that God has so graciously done in my life.. I am but a worm. God help me.
This man, Tiger Woods, was he not brought up by his Dad to be the best golfer in the world? To be made, from his birth, somewhat of a "golf machine?" Was, he not brought into the world with such a purpose, purposed by his parents, as this? As far as I know, he was. I do not say this to offend his family. I, myself, was brought up, since birth, to play professional hockey....my own dad had goals & dreams for me to be thus. He, my dad, did what he thought was right. My own dad never believed in the Lord, & still doesn't, as of yet, to this day.
So, I don't think it's wise, & I am not saying this has happened here on SI, to criticize & slander a man such as this Tiger Woods. God help him! Jesus died for him too!
Maybe, I pray, just maybe, this precious site can be one of the few in this wretched, sin-abounding world, where such grace & love can be displayed towards this man Tiger, that if he ever were to come across this site, he would see the love of God displayed, give his life to Christ Jesus, & be made a mighty vessel of honour fit for God's purpose.
May God be glorified in all our lives. I hope this offends none here; for, if what I said has, please know it was never my intention. I must get ready for work now. Thankyou for your precious time.
Please pray for me,
Richie

2010/1/4 19:10Profile

Re:

Yeshuas boy, Your post is good and sincere. I agree with almost all of it. I also know that I am not throwing Tiger under the bus, He did that himself. I of course hope for his salvation.

There is one thing you said that I think is not correct, at least the way I read it. You may have meant something else.

(Quote), "I don't think it's very godly to criticize an unbeliever for their sins when that person doesn't know any better."

The part of "doesn't know any better."

Tiger does "know" that what he was doing was wrong. If he didn't think it was wrong he would have let his wife know about each and everyone of his ladies from the start.

He knew "better", he just decided to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season.

My point is sinners, me definetly included, know better but we choose to do otherwise.

God bless

2010/1/4 19:43
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

The Lord bless you "Thingsabove"
I, myself, believe that if he knew that this would've blown up in his face as it did, he probably would've thought twice.... but, who really knows.... that, of course, didn't happen.
Many don't believe that their sin will find them out; but, however, there is a verse in the book of Numbers that says the opposite, Nu 32:23.
As far as I know, Tiger, was also introduced to his wife at a party in a Las Vegas hotel.
We must speak the Truth, but do it in love; this is biblical, and Spirit led.
Last night while at work, this came to me:
Suppose, I had a big estate; and, on that estate their was a grand, fruit tree. Now, for years I was amazed at the size and display of this fruit tree, but it still hadn't beared any fruit. I marvelled at it because to my eye it looked wonderful. Man, I couldn't wait for it to bear fruit. It looked to me that it was a pear tree for years. I was anticipating some nice, plump pears to appear soon. After awhile longer when I gazed upon it again for the hundreth time or so, I noticed, from a distance, that it had finally beared fruit.... so, I ran with excitement up to it, & to my amazement, it didn't bear any pears at all. I looked.... there were apples everywhere! I hate apples, I thought to myself! And then I started criticizing the tree. Stupid, stupid pear tree, I said. Why did you bear pears and not apples?!
Now, who's stupid? Of course, it is I. It was an apple tree all along. It couldn't help but bear apples.
Now, this came to me last night. I believe it was a word addressed to me to show me how foolish it is for me to criticize an unbeliever.
I remember when I was a young lad doing all kinds of stupid things; and after awhile, I hated doing those things. I didn't know how to stop. I didn't know what was wrong with me, and when I searched for answers in the world, no-one could give me any reasonable answer until the Holy Scriptures were introduced to me.
I praise the Lord!
"Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord God: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?"- Ezekiel 18:23
Please pray for me
Thankyou for your precious time
Richie

2010/1/5 13:59Profile

Re:

Quote:
People got pretty upset at that comment. Billy Graham even offered a soft public rebuke to Franklin on that comment, saying he disagreed with it.

I know in some crowds it's almost blasphemy to say something negative about Billy Graham... but even though I have the utmost respect for the evangelism he has done, he has always proven to be spineless in some respects.

He won't speak out against the Catholic Church. He won't speak out and warn of "Christian" denominations who are now ordaining sodomites...

And in this particular case he threw his own son under the bus for speaking the truth.

Of course Islam is an evil religion. So is anything that is against God no matter how subtle.

Krispy

2010/1/5 15:04

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy