SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Watching Over The Flock Of God by brother Greg

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Watching Over The Flock Of God by brother Greg

[b]Watching Over The Flock Of God[/b]
[i]by brother Greg[/i]

Overview:

1. A Plea And Exhoration To Shepards
2. Titles And Characteristics Of False Teachers In The Word Of God
3. Biblical Exhorations Exposing False Teachers
4. False Teachers Are Men Pleasers!
5. False Teachers Make Merchandise!

------

1. A Plea And Exhoration To Shepards

I come to you humbly from the country of Canada to repent. I want to confess that our country and our countries Christians have allowed a tidal wave of false teachings, false gospels to come to India, Nepal and many other parts of the world. Through TV programs, radio broadcast and literature a false seudo gospel has been supported by many Christians and is in your midst. I repent that we have not sent you the true gospel! My prayer is that God in His mercy will allow the true Gospel to spread and multiply in this land and that false gospels and false teachings will be exposed. May God gift His Church in Nepal with discernment in these last days!

Read: Hebrews 13:17 - "Obey your leaders and submit to their authority. They keep watch over you as men who must give an account."

Read: Acts 20:28 - "Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepards of the Church of God, which he bought with his own blood."

Read: 1 Peter 5:2 - "Be Shepards of God's flock that is under your care, serving as overseers - not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not greedy for money, but eager to serve."

It is on One of Satan's main weapons against the Church are false teachers, which are his messengers and ambassadors, to deceive, delude and damn poor souls who are corrupted by their teachings. This is no light matter. Deception is something that is not obvious. There is a deep need for discernement in the Church of Jesus Christ! We need to take heed "to ourselves" as much also as we do to look out for false teachers.

2. Titles And Characteristics Of False Teachers In The Word Of God

False Teachers
Hyprocrites
Son Of Hell
Blind Guides
Full Of Greed
Full Of Self Indulgence
Whitewashed Tombs
Full Of Dead Mens Bones
Full Of Everything Unclean
You Appear To People As Righteous
Full Of Hyprocrisy
Full Of Wickedness
Murderes of the Prophets
Snakes
Brood Of Vipers
Savage Wolves
Idolators
Super Apostles
Decietful Workmen
False Apostles
Masquerading As Apostles Of Christ
Perverters Of The Gospel Of Christ
Agitators
Decievers
Cunning And Craftiness Of Men
Decietful Schemers
Opposers Of The Truth
Lost Connection WIth The Head
Trickery Of Men, Troublers
Spots At The Love Feast
Men Of Lawlessness
Antichrists
Wicked And Evil Men
Decieving Spirits
False Gospels
False Doctrines
Doctrines Of Demons
Hyprocrital Liars
Conceited Understanding Nothing
Men Of Corrupt Mind
Robbed Of The Truth
Eager For Money
Quarelling About Words
Teaching Spreading Like Gangrene
Away From The Truth
Destroyers Of The Faith
Lovers Of Money
Lovers Of Pleasure
Pleasers Of Men
Having A Form Of Godliness
Always Learning But Never Able To Come To The Truth
Men Of Depraved Minds
Imposters
Decieving And Being Decieved
Turning Aside To Myths
Pursuers Of Dishonest Gain
Rebellious People
Mere Talkers
Liars
Minds And Consciences Are Corrupted
Claiming To Know God
Detestable
Disobedient
Unfit For Anything Good
Slanderers
Blasphemers
Divisive
Warped
Self-Condemned
Unbelieving
Perscutors
Godless Like Esau
Strange Teachings
False Prophets
Destructive Heresies
Brute Beasts
Blots And Blemishes
With Eyes Full Of Adultery They Never Stop Sinning
Seducing The Unstable
Experts In Greed
Springs Without Water
Mists Driven Before The Storm
Boastful
Enticing People
Appealing To The Lustful Desires
They Promise Freedom While They Themselves Are Slaves Of Depravity
Unstable People
Spirit Of The Antichrist
Dreamers
Reject Authority
Speak Abusively
Unreasoning Animals
The Way Of Cain
Rushed For Profit In Balaam's Error
They Have Been Destroyed in Korah's Rebellion
Shepards Who Feed Only Themselves
Clouds Without Rain
Autumn Trees Without Fruit
Uprooted Twice Dead
Wild Waves Of The Sea
Foaming Up Their Shame
Wandering Stars
Grumblers
Fault-Finders
They Follow Their Own Evil Desires
They Boast About Themselves
Flatter Others For Advantage
Practices Falsehood
Bold And Arrogant Men
Slanderers
Despisers Of Authority

3. Biblical Exhorations Exposing False Teachers

Read: Acts 20:28-31 "Savage Wolves"

Read: 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 "False Apostles, Decietful Workmen."

Read: Ephesians 4:14 "Cunning And Craftiness Of Men."

Read: 2 Timothy 3:4-6 "Concieted, Lovers Of Pleasure, A Form Of Godliness."

Read: Titus 1:10-11 "Rebellious people, Mere Talkers, Decievers."

Read: 2 Peter 2:18-19 "Slaves Of Depravity."

Read: Matthew 7:15 "False Prophets, Ferocious Wolves."

Read: Philippians 3:2 "Dogs, Mutilators Of The Flesh."

Read: 1 Timothy 6:3-5 "Men Of Corrupt Mind, Robbed Of The Truth.

Read: Matthew 23:23-24 "Hyprocites, Blind Guides."

4. False Teachers Are Men Pleasers!

False teachers are men-pleasers. This is one of their main focuses. They have a man-centered gospel and a man-benifiting gospel. Such false teachers are only happy if they gather around themselves a large crowd of people. And their message becomes more soft and accepting the larger the audience is!

Read: Galatians 1:10 "Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."

Read: 1 Thessalonians 2:3-4 "For the appeal we make does not spring from error or impure motives, nor are we trying to trick you. On the contrary, we speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts."

Read Jeremiah 5:30-31 "A horrible and shocking thing has happened in the land: The prophets prophesy lies, the priests rule by their own authority, and my people love it this way. But what will you do in the end?"

They preach more to please the ear than to benifit the heart: They handle holy things with a playful and light way rather then with fear and reverence. Thomas brooks the puritan said that: "False teachers are hell's greatest enrichers." In other words false teachers send the most people to hell. Again Thomas brooks states: "Such smooth teachers are sweet soul-poisoners."

Read: Jeremiah 23:16-17 "This is what the Lord Almighty says: 'Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the Lord. They keep saying to those who despise me, 'The Lord say: You will have peace.' And to all who follow the stubbornness of their hearts they say, 'No harm will come to you.'"

5. False Teachers Make Merchandise!

False teachers make merchandise of their followers. They look at souls and see dollar signs! They want to just financially get rich from their service to God. They work hard in ministry just for financial prosperity and sucess. They mind more serving themselves then other souls around them.

Read: 2 Peter 2:1-3 "But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them - bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping."

Read: Jeremiah 6:13 "From the least to the greatest, all are greedy for gain: prophets and priests alike, all practise deceit."

Many will follow these teachers for they share in their desires and condemnation. Greedy teachers gather around themselves greedy people. Jesus Christ our Lord clearly said either we are serving God or Money! May God raise up a generation of pastors, apostles, prophets and people who have no love of money in them. May we serve Christ for Christ alone and not for any other reason. And then the world will see a Christianity that is pure and otherwordly. May God begin in our hearts to help us to repent and turn away from these things. And may God give His body in Nepal the discernment to see these false prophets and not to buy their books, newsletters and watch their shows. Let us look to Christ and the Word of God alone and then we will truly be successful in God's eyes.

2010/1/4 9:35Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Watching Over The Flock Of God by Greg Gordon

This is an outline of a sermon God willing I am sharing at the revival conference in nepal tomorrow.

do pray for the pastors conference in nepal that will be over the next 3 days.

2010/1/4 9:36Profile
MattSmith

Webster, Texas

Re:

I just saw this and hope it went well. I don't think we can stress that enough. I try to bring at least one example of false teaching when I speak to the young adult group at my church. I've not been preaching long but have really been given a shepherds heart for the Church. What's sad also is that many of the pastors leading their flocks astray have been led astray first and don't even realize what they are doing. We need watchmen on the wall and fearless men in the pulpit. Thank you for being a vessel.

2010/1/8 14:49Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

I pray it is fruitful.

2010/1/8 16:49Profile
HeartSong

Re: Watching Over The Flock Of God by Greg Gordon

We are currently studying John 10 in BSF. Something that I find interesting, is John 10:5 - "And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers."

At the point that the Lord got a hold of me, I was attending two different churches in an attempt to find people that would talk about the Lord. On the same Sunday, at both churches, the things that the pastors said nearly scared me to death and I literally wanted to flee from both services. While I continued to attend both churches for a time, my heart was closed to their teaching.

Quote:
Greedy teachers gather around themselves greedy people.

Somehow I think that this goes both ways - that greedy people also flock to greedy teachers.

I pray that what He has spoken through you has opened the eyes of many.

2010/1/8 23:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy