SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Using Smiley Faces

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
chapel

Re:

Quote:
Quote:

sermonindex said:
I do see some draw backs with not having the smiley faces and color but I feel in the end this is a much better way for this ministry.

This is perfectly clear to me. Is it not to everyone else?

Yes, very it is what Greg feels is best for the ministry.

2010/1/2 22:30Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Using Smiley Faces

I think this entire issue is similar to straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel!

There are so many serious issues facing Christians and some are in a wad about the use of smileys! Come on!....Someone told me a sister took offense at the idea that its use is an act of rebellion...

SIGH. SIGH.

ginnyrose

2010/1/2 22:37Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Ginnyrose

Thank you for this reminder.

God Bless
mj

2010/1/2 23:19Profile
Giggles

Re:

Quote:
I think this entire issue is similar to straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel!

There are so many serious issues facing Christians and some are in a wad about the use of smileys! Come on!....Someone told me a sister took offense at the idea that its use is an act of rebellion...

SIGH. SIGH.

ginnyrose

Amen

2010/1/3 0:28Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Amen, Sister Ginnyrose. Thank you for a timely reminder.

2010/1/3 0:41Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Well, there is more to this smiley face thing than I originally thought. First of all I was surprised by some of the reactions here on SermonIndex. It seems like such a little thing, not using a smiley face, but obviously that is not the case.

Just the other day, I found myself using a smiley face on about 8 posts in a row on facebook. I remember thinking "that's odd, I wonder why I am using this thing so much." And now, I am attempting to not use it at all and am finding it very difficult. Somehow it seems that it is almost required for everything that I write. There is really something seriously wrong with using these things.

Smiley face addiction - who would have thought - but now I see them everywhere. Tonight I was having dinner out and glanced up to see one on the television. And then a few seconds later, there was another one - and another, and another. A whole commercial about happy faces???

Each person must decide for himself whether or not this is something to be cautious about. As in all addictions, some people are more susceptible than others, but I contend that it is no small thing and just the fact that we are offended by the thought of not using them should be a warning in itself.

2010/1/4 2:56Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
Greg wrote:
I do see some draw backs with not having the smiley faces and color but I feel in the end this is a much better way for this ministry.

You are always welcome to do this saints :)

I can't believe that this has garnered three pages!!

Let's face reality, Greg never said SI was a NO smiley zone and they were not allowed!

He said (read his last sentence above), we are always welcome to use this-> :)

So we can :) away to each other or :( away, depending on your personality!!

God bless you all!! :):)

2010/1/4 7:01Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Brother Greg told me he will in a near future take away the possibility to make the "colorful" smiley faces. So the only ones you will be able to make are these :) .

This is Gregs wish for the forum and the direction he wishes to take it. The fact it has generated to thee pages says something even if i am not sure what, but i do agree there is something "hokey" about them. as Art Katz used to say(edit: art did not say smiley faces was hokey, he used the word, that was my meaning, and somehow i think there is something "superficial about them and in the use of them). And yet as a speaker of english as a second language i have found smiley's sometimes have helped me convey my heart about something that i failed to express in words

2010/1/4 7:45Profile
MaryJane

Re:

This morning I woke up from the most terrible dream. It was almost a replay of a time in my life that happened exactly ten years ago to this day. It was such a painful and confusing time for me that I wondered why I would have such a dream that reminded me of all those past attitudes. As I prayed about it I realized that Father was showing me that I have allowed myself to get caught up in such silly and stupid distractions lately that I have taken my focus off of Him. Ten years ago I was overly sensitive, easily offended and quick to get angry, but ten years ago I was not walking with Jesus as I am now. The convicting truth that I had to examine is that I have allowed myself to stumble back into sinful patterns of self and I need to repent of this.

For me when I first posted a response to this thread it was not at all about the actual use of the yellow smile graphic, but in my flesh I let it become about that. I want to apologize for that, in the future I pray that I will not allow self to have free reign but that I will walk out each day living in submission to His will, that His heart and attitudes will be reflected in all that I say and do as I endeavor to share with others here on SI. A smile to me is nothing more then a way of showing someone that we care about them but using them or not here in the forum is not a big deal, truly Jesus is what matters!
_________
hmmhmm you wrote:And yet as a speaker of english as a second language i have found smiley's sometimes have helped me convey my heart about something that i failed to express in words
_____
I just wanted to say thank you for having such a giving heart, english is my first language and I have found at times that I struggle with how to express my own heart too.

Ginnyrose: sister thank you again for your willingness to lovingly point out what should have been obvious to me. You are such an encouragement to me. I did pass along your message to WB and while she is not coming back I do think she will be in good hands...His hands!

God Bless
maryjane

PS I have one last thing I wanted to share here with everyone. It is small poem written by a nine year old little girl who was Pondering her Maker/King/Messiah

A crooked smile, laid on His face,

A smile more pretty than diamonds, gold, or lace,

Twinkling eyes calm and silent,

He loved everyone, even the violent.

He loves you and me!

It seems that Jesus would be hard not to love—

Wouldn’t you agree?

2010/1/4 14:04Profile
HeartSong

Re:

I would like to share something also, this morning I was reading Matthew 13:47-48

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind: Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away."

Isn't that the most beautiful thing you have ever heard?

The kingdom of heaven being cast like a net . . .

I love you all!

2010/1/4 16:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy