SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Where Will Revival Come?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Where Will Revival Come?

In a biography of Open Doors founder Brother Andrew comes an interesting account of revival that should serve as a both a warning and an encouragement for us. A warning in that we must be very careful not to write off what appears to be dead and thereby miss Gods will. An encouragement in that we may be glad partakers in the work of the Lord who rejoices in visiting His people if we are simply open to hear His voice.

Brother Andrew was visiting Bulgaria during the Cold War, persecution of the church was severe there at the time and he ministered clandestinely to a network of small underground churches, providing much needed Bibles and encouraging the saints. At that time there was a type of church in Bulgaria that they called the Puppet Church. Basically they were Orthodox churches that were led by compromising shepherds who toed the party line and were simply tools of the government.

During this visit one of the underground church leaders brought Andrew to one of these puppet churches so he could see what was going on. Strangely enough, while the two talked with the pastor of this puppet church he invited Andrew to speak at a special service that afternoon. Andrew was hesitant and said he would pray about it. After seeking Gods will he felt a peace about going ahead and speaking. What resulted was several days of speaking and 300 souls converted to Jesus Christ. It turns out the Spirit had moved on the pastors heart and many in the community and sparked the fires of revival.

In time government persecution came against that church, the pastor was removed and a new puppet put in place and the fire went out in that church but those 300 converts were dispersed throughout Bulgaria and started underground churches in many places, the fires started in that revival continued to burn, who knows how many souls were won for Christ.

God desires to move in revival anywhere and among any people that come together in His name, regardless of denomination and condition . The question I had to ask myself is, would I be found in the stream of His will or would I be found fighting the work of the Spirit if I was in a similar situation? Would I have turned my back on this “Babylonian” church when God desired to turn His face toward it?

In Christ,

Ron

2009/12/29 14:45Profile

Re: Where Will Revival Come?

That was a very encouraging post. Thank you for sharing that.

I pray that our Lord will open doorways for similiar things to happen here in America. There are a number of people who are waiting for their opportunity to share what the Lord has given them. Hopefully it will come soon.

Blessings and hugs.

2009/12/29 16:02
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Where Will Revival Come?

Right thread I hope!! LOL

Quote:
InTheLight wrote:
God desires to move in revival anywhere and among any people that come together in His name, regardless of denomination and condition. The question I had to ask myself is, would I be found in the stream of His will or would I be found fighting the work of the Spirit if I was in a similar situation?

We need to stay close by Him because every day in new ground we are covering in Him and with Him.

He says, “My sheep know my voice and none other will they follow.” If we do not know His voice, we will miss it. That statement does not mean that we will go to hell, we will just miss what God had for us. And like the man (in the story) who indeed made it to heaven and said, “Lord, I didn’t make it. Why didn’t you rescue me?” The Lord responded by, “Yeah about that, I’d like to know why you didn’t make it either because I sent you a boat and a helicopter.”

I worry even about many on here who are so set in their ways and set in the letter of the law er, word, so intent that it cannot mean this or it cannot mean that. What if someone from the Maori tribe of New Zealand who was on fire for Jesus, even with a full face tattoo; what if the Lord spoke through Him to you or to me? Would we take the time to listen to figure out if truly the voice of the Lord?

We don’t know who God will send revival through (like InTheLight stated), “regardless of denomination [b]and condition[/b].” In our wildest dreams, we could never imagine the condition!! We must learn to walk by faith listening only to the voice of the Lord and we do not know how high, how wide, or how deep “listening” will take us.

Will we know the voice of the Lord when we hear it?

I didn’t mean to offend anyone, I just think it’s something (including me), we need to think about.

God bless everybody,

2009/12/29 17:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy