Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Jimmy Swaggart

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
StephenYork

Jimmy Swaggart

Hello, Saints and Friends....

It's been a while since I was here. I enjoy this web site.

I found the posting about Brother Swaggart and decided to comment. Please read carefully.

One, Jimmy is a friend of mine. I have preached for him (Easter Campmeeting, 2004).

Two, Jimmy apologized for what he said. He was really speaking against homosexuality, not in favor of murder.

Three, Jimmy does love and serve the Lord. It does not mean he never makes a mistake. God knows he has made many of them. However, the man is like King David. He is a man after God's own heart.

Fourth, Jimmy is used by God to reach people for Christ. He doesn't reach everyone. Nobody does. However, he is used by the Lord to touch thousands upon thousands of people.

Fifth, Jimmy can't be compared to anyone else, including Jonathan Edwards. No one is like anyone else, and that discussion is a waste of time.

When all is said and done, we will all appear before the Judgment Seat of Christ to give an account for what we have done and not done.

I pray that I may be faithful.

God bless you.

Brother York

2004/10/3 23:01Profile
Nasher

Watford, UK

Re: Jimmy Swaggart

Do you think JS falls into this catagory?:

1 Timothy 3:
1 It is a trustworthy statement: if any man aspires to the office of overseer, it is a fine work he desires to do.
2 An overseer, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife[Gr. a "one-woman man"], temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach,
3 not addicted to wine or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money.
4 He must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity
5 (but if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?),
6 and not a new convert, so that he will not become conceited and fall into the condemnation incurred by the devil.
7 And he must have a good reputation with those outside the church, so that he will not fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

2004/10/4 3:05Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

We have had another thread running for a while in this forum regarding Swaggart.
It took us into a blind alley. No items focussing prayer were presented.
We had to move in and post the following:

“Now, dear saints, the aim of this thread is intercession. Its purpose is to generate and stimulate prayer, focussed prayer. Discussion and dialogue should hold a considerable amount of substance leading to concentrated prayer pleasing to God.
Please, dear brethren, do consider correcting the handling of this subject.”

Lars W.
Minor moderator

2004/10/4 3:16Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

GUIDELINE: Praying for current trends and events

Praying for and interacting regarding current trends and events, for men in authority and their hearts and influence.
In this forum we would like to take a look at the current flow of news with the help of various news desks and writers.
Our main aim would be to generate intercession which provides an inroad for the Lord to use to touch hearts of men in authority, to allow each reader to get involved in the controversy between kingdoms and world views and to help bring deliverance to the poor and oppressed.
Intercessors do make a difference.

Secondary aims are:
To help in the process of defining and finding ways to effective prayer and fellowship in prayer of this category.
To do some decent comment on current issues.
To help find proper views regarding common trends, even regarding world views.
To walk the corridors of the men in authority to be able to do pre-evangelism in prayer.

Two main words meant to follow each person involved in this endeavour:
Give the king knowledge of Your way of judging, O God and the spirit of your righteousness to the king’s son to control his actions. Psalms 72:1 Amplified version.
Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you. Matt 5:44

A word of caution might be issued right from the beginning:
Bringing national leadership to the forefront in a forum like this mobilises all kindness and humility possible to avoid discussing politics under various party spirits and to abstain from criticising behaviour from the point of personal pride.
Certain presidents, prime ministers and their co-rulers behave as brute beasts, but will not in any way find grace through a proud and condemning church. The intercessor will have to allow the severest work of the Cross to be able to handle the pressure.
It is with this growing spiritual awareness that we will move ahead into this venture.

Lars Widerberg

2004/10/4 3:27Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

“Even as I have done to you, do ye also!”
What a precious word! What a glorious prospect!
Jesus is going to show forth in me the Divine power of His love, that I may show it forth to others. He blesses me, that I may bless others. He loves me that I may love others.
He becomes servant to me that I may become servant to others. He saves and cleanses me that I may open for salvation and cleansing of others. He gives Himself wholly for and to me, that I may wholly give myself for and to others.
I have only to be doing over to others what He is doing to me – nothing more. I can do it, just because He is doing it to me.
What I do is nothing but the repeating, the showing forth of what I am receiving from Him.
A. Murray

This is grace to be prayed for, eagerly and persistently prayed for.
This is grace to be given room for.
This is grace which will change the climate in man’s heart, ours too…
This is what we must pray for to be able to do something Heavenly as this forum develops.
Lars W.

2004/10/4 3:45Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

Quote:
We have had another thread running for a while in this forum regarding Swaggart.

The reason I and others said what we did was for the reason that accusations were being made before they knew the whole story. What do you do? Hear what you wanna hear and throw the rest out? That seems to be the worlds way...and for Bro. Greg to not do thorough research on it...he went and posted that secular nonsense on there in a way that made Bro. Jimmy look and sound worse than what really happened. I met Brother Donnie Swaggart and I know what he and Brother Jimmy are all about. They're about preaching the Gospel of Christ and Him Crucified, and for Greg to say Brother Jimmy needs to repent, when that's really none of our business (that's between Jimmy & Christ, in which he has repented and has been forgiven...he doesn't have to be accountable to sermonindex nor the administrators) Bro. Jimmy isn't the one on trial...The Precious Blood Of Christ Is!

The Evangelist

2004/10/4 12:49Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Our priestly duty, praying into each and every area for the sake of life transferred:

This is the confidence that we have in him, that if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
And if we know that he heareth us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired from him.
If any man shall see his brother sin a sin which is not to death, he shall ask, and he will give him life for them that sin not to death.
I John5:14-16

Too many words are spent in idleness and in pride.
Not that many words are spent before the Throne in priestly ministry.
Lars W.

2004/10/4 13:00Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
It took us into a blind alley. No items focussing prayer were presented.
We had to move in and post the following:

I have to fully agree with brother Lars this forum section is geared towards prayer and current events and has its aim in guiding saints to prayer not arguments of mens minds. I think if anyone does a search on the site they will see ample defence of this mans ministry but at the same time equal concern from people sharing the scriptures and the standard therein.

Quote:
and for Bro. Greg to not do thorough research on it...he went and posted that secular nonsense on there in a way that made Bro. Jimmy look and sound worse than what really happened. I met Brother Donnie Swaggart and I know what he and Brother Jimmy are all about. They're about preaching the Gospel of Christ and Him Crucified, and for Greg to say Brother Jimmy needs to repent, when that's really none of our business

Brother it is my concern and the concern of any reasonable minded Christian that cares for the witness of Christ being given out in america. To have a loud strong message against sinners and the awfulness of the heathen is fruitful to a point. But most believers sensitive to Christ in our day will realize the finger needs to be pointed to the body of Christ, the world will be the world, but the church is called apart. A question has to be asked has Jimmy Swaggart done more good or bad for the witness of Christ by not stepping down from the ministry? I find when I have watched his ministry in recent times to be much show and pomp, I am very careful and worried of this type of ministry. He definetly talks the talk and most of those highly religious can do that but being close to the heart of Christ and being Christ-like is what matters in the end. The sum of my doctrine is Christ! and what is to be like Christ? humble, gentle, self-controlled, servanthood, etc.

2004/10/4 13:47Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

Quote:
A question has to be asked has Jimmy Swaggart done more good or bad for the witness of Christ by not stepping down from the ministry? I find when I have watched his ministry in recent times to be much show and pomp, I am very careful and worried of this type of ministry. He definetly talks the talk and most of those highly religious can do that but being close to the heart of Christ and being Christ-like is what matters in the end.

There you go again! Speaking about somebody you know nothing about! You're the one that will stand at the judgement throne of God and give an account. I'd be fearful.

2004/10/4 14:44Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

If a statment is made public; it is then public business. not just believers but public. leaders are held to a higher stander. It is written. and I didn't write it.

2004/10/4 15:33Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy