SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : We'll Pray For You !!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
carly49

Ontario

We'll Pray For You !!

We, being my husband and I are in great financial difficulty. Last Feb. I took out another mortgage on my home to consolidate my bills and a little to start a website business selling guitars. We have prayed and prayed and many many prayer lines also prayed for us, and many said "we'll pray for you" that we would get orders and/or finances to get on our feet. To this day we have had no business. Now we are back to square one with extra bills. I am so scared being on pension which may be cut now too, and a few flower deliveries. We asked God why? It is suppose to make us stronger but it is making us angrier and tense. I dont want to lose our home. I think that the people who say "we'll pray for you" should offer to help us out by saying what is your bank account number...I would like to help. After all Jesus says "when you help the least of the brethren of mine, you are helping me"

2004/10/3 21:09Profile
Spitfire

Re: We'll Pray For You !!

Dear Carole.
Welcome to SI! I hear that you are hurting and I can relate to your pain. How do you feel that we can help? Would you like some money? Would you like us to pray? Would you like us to share some things that we have learned as we have gone through similar things? Any combination of the above? I will certainly be praying for you today. I have been the most frustrated, angry person at times in my life. Fear not, dear one, our Lord has overcome the world. He has finished the work that he came to do and is sat down in heaven to make intercession for you. All things are under his feet. The wisdom of the ages is at our disposal. What an awesome thought! Sincerely, Dian.

2004/10/4 8:00Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
We asked God why? It is suppose to make us stronger but it is making us angrier and tense. I dont want to lose our home. I think that the people who say "we'll pray for you" should offer to help us out by saying what is your bank account number...I would like to help. After all Jesus says "when you help the least of the brethren of mine, you are helping me"

I know it must be a hard situation you find yourself in but at the same time I [b]really[/b] believe that you should get more involved with your local community of believers and let them know the gravity of your situation. Personally I believe you and the seriousness of your need but at the same time over the internet MOST pleads for money are false and people trying to get money. I know that is not you but the precedent is there. I do hope the Lords people in your local community help you out more.

2004/10/4 11:47Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Don't know if this will be encouraging to you or not, but I'm putting you on our church's prayer list, here in California. You will be in our prayers.

[i]"Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results" (James 5:16).[/i]

2004/10/4 12:56Profile
theevangelist

United States Of America

Re:

I'll sincerely pray for you. God knows what you're in need of before you even ask.

Quote:
I know it must be a hard situation you find yourself in but at the same time I really believe that you should get more involved with your local community of believers and let them know the gravity of your situation. Personally I believe you and the seriousness of your need but at the same time over the internet MOST pleads for money are false and people trying to get money. I know that is not you but the precedent is there. I do hope the Lords people in your local community help you out more.

-Greg

You don't have to beg anybody. God hears you sister. Just begin to trust Him and believe.

2004/10/4 13:09Profile
carly49

Ontario

Re: TV and ME

Hi:

Most TV Ministries ask for money all the time. God is the provider the Word says. But God always has His people do the work. I believe in letting people know by asking for help in the way of funds or whatever the need be. How can one help a brother or sister in the Lord if they are in dire strait if they do not know about it?

2004/10/6 20:22Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Most TV Ministries ask for money all the time. God is the provider the Word says. But God always has His people do the work. I believe in letting people know by asking for help in the way of funds or whatever the need be. How can one help a brother or sister in the Lord if they are in dire strait if they do not know about it?

Yes and I have the option for people to support SermonIndex which is always needed. But I think thats different then individual needs. I think its a good rule on the forums on this site to not have allowance for people requested fincial support for themselves because of it being associated with this ministry and possible abuses. Again I will state the best route for you to go is to petition and speak to your local community church you are a part of.

2004/10/6 20:50Profile
mloaks

So. MD, USA

Did you really feel compelled to start a web -based business? Most are the contemporary version of pyramid or ponzi schemes... rife with viruses, worms, pop-ups and such.
Did you ask anyone to pray for you and the guitars when you were contemplating that move? Before the fact?
I have made many of the same misteps, and am thankful God is in control. I am living with the consequences even today. Indebtedness reminds me of Christ's advise to take the lowest, humble seat at the gathering, and then await the host asking me to move up.
Unfortunately, maybe your local churchs will be more help after you have lost your home.

2004/10/7 10:28Profile

Re:

Yes Carly 49 did feel compelled to start a business, after much prayer and seeking advice. Having an on-line catalog is not a pyramid scheme of any kind. It's simply like having a store, on the internet.

I have seen their site. It is a Christian based business. Taking a leap in faith, is not a mis-step, unless you don't know the word, and follow it.

Shame on you mloaks, for your rancid reply to this sister in The Lord. Unfortunately, it's people like you, that she has been forced to talk about! Lose her house indeed? What kind of eddification, and word of encouragement is that?

I don't know what your business was, and why you failed. However, your attitude does gives me a clue.

2004/10/7 18:03
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Shame on you mloaks, for your rancid reply to this sister in The Lord. Unfortunately, it's people like you, that she has been forced to talk about! Lose her house indeed? What kind of eddification, and word of encouragement is that?

His comments werent to offend or malign but simply to supply counsel. I would ask that you dont malign or speak against people directly in the forums. Please take a look at the [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7&forum=12&11]Community Rules[/url].

2004/10/7 18:18Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy