SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Friend Needs Prayer

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Friend Needs Prayer

My 17 yr old son has been trying drugs (as far as I know) and has a friend Ryan (huge God story about this one but later), Ryan (19) has a girlfriend, Tonya. Both came to me Wednesday night the 23rd at 1:00 am to give me a Christmas present! Here is the jest of our 2 ½ hour conversation:

~ Her mother killed herself last year at Christmas time in a drug induced fit of anger; whether she meant to or not, Tonya is without a mother. *** Tonya admitted she’s been having feelings of doing the same thing.
~ Tonya admitted to being addicted to pills.
** She also said she can’t see a way out b/c her WHOLE family is addicted to drugs in one form or another.
~ Tonya she was a Christian and that she believes in God (but according to her, but she doesn’t know what to believe).
~ She asked me if she could come back and talk to me b/c she needs to talk to someone and I said of course.

Here’s a God thing and praise to Him! I prayed for her and she asked afterwards how I could pray about “more” than she had told me, I told her that would be the Holy Spirit not me. She was like, “cool.” (God is good, is He not?!!)

It’s Saturday and I’ve tried to get a hold of her to check on her but can’t seem to. Ryan came over last night crying literally that her family won’t let her out of their sight and they will be sending her to rehab for 90 days. I was honest with him and said, "While she is in rehab, they will advise her to stay away from you, you need to be prepared to hear this. Or else you need to find a place and go into rehab yourself b/c if you want this to work with her, it's the only way and I will help you look."

I have been worried about Tonya, he said she calls him b/c she doesn’t have a phone so I told him to have her call me and I am believing she will.

Please pray for Tonya (and Ryan too), they BOTH are from such tragic backgrounds of generational alcohol and drug abuse as far back as they could go back. I know that God breaks generational curses and sets the captive free.

Thank you for your selfless prayers for these two that are from the highways and byways! God bless,

2009/12/26 15:49Profile
HeartSong

Re: Friend Needs Prayer

Praying that He sets these captives free - just like He did with me.

2009/12/26 17:19Profile

Quote:
Thank you for your selfless prayers for these two that are from the highways and byways!

Jesus has told us to go into the highways and byways! :)
Praise God that they are turning to you and that He is giving you these openings to reach out to them in His name!

I'll be keeping them and you in my prayers.

2009/12/26 18:56
Lysa

East TN for now!

Thank you heartsong and hquest!

God bless you guys!

2009/12/26 21:36Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Lysa

I will be praying for them.

God Bless